Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
GETTING A SHIN TZU.NEED ADVISE

ecilassim
Novice

Jan 31, 2005, 1:35 AM

Post #1 of 11 (1990 views)
Shortcut
GETTING A SHIN TZU.NEED ADVISE Can't Post

Im getting a Shi Tzu.RM700.without cert.Its homebreed.The owner says is too trouble to get a cert for the puppy.He say is pure breed(I dont know how2 judge wheter is true or not),1 month yrs old,small size(NO MINI),most body slight brown hair,plus black n dark brown. Is it reasonable price?Does the cert important for the a puppy?Need ur all advise.TQ very much!

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jan 31, 2005, 7:57 AM

Post #2 of 11 (1983 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ecilassim] GETTING A SHIN TZU.NEED ADVISE [In reply to] Can't Post

hello ecilassim

to judge whether the shih tzu is purebreed or not.. the nose have to be flat... the distance between the eyes and the nose should be around 1 inch...

the cert is just for people that are planning to show their dogs.. well, the cheapest for no cert shih tzu pups are 500 .. the shih tzu is 1 month old or 1 year old? if 1 month old, is way too young to be brought home asap... need to wait at least 2 months old before can bring home..

Esther6281
ALPHA

Jan 31, 2005, 9:43 PM

Post #3 of 11 (1969 views)
Shortcut

Waaaaa! You've made your decision to parent a shih tzu ar? Good for you! I have one and I am simply a different girl because of my handsome son. Smile

You have to go see the living quarters of the doggie's parents first. Without cert would be a little risky, but it's not really a huge problem. I'd advise you read up A LOT about shih tzus and if you have a friend who knows a little about shih tzus, ask that friend to accompany you.

Don't jump into the decision. Ask around, meet up with a few breeders and see a little more puppies before you simply adopt the first one you see. Spend some time with the puppies. If the breeder seems to want to rush you into buying, don't. If they act suspicious, you should probably suspect something lor... Breeders who breed for love of the breed should be welcoming and they should be happy that you are there to play with their puppies. Breeders who are responsible would interview you to see if you are suitable or not.

There's a thread in "Chit Chat" forum, a thread called "Goss-Fest with BB & Snowy" (link available from MisterStan) that is primarily dedicated to shih tzus. The posts from shih tzu lovers should be able to help. Sly

Love, BB's Mommy

Frown BB Appreciation <<-->> BB ~ My Baby, My Love, My Everything, My Reason For Living Frown

Frown BB Shares Goss-Fest <<-->> BB & Snowy, Sitting under a Tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G ~ Gossip is F-R-E-E Frown

Frown BB Photo Album <<-->> Puppy Love ~ BB Photo Compilation Frown

Frown BB Dedication <<-->> Doggone It! BB @ Dogster! ~ BB Blogs 2!! Frown

ecilassim
Novice

Feb 1, 2005, 12:09 PM

Post #4 of 11 (1948 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] GETTING A SHIN TZU.NEED ADVISE [In reply to] Can't Post

TQ4 ALL ADVISE OR COMMENTS!

ecilassim
Novice

Feb 1, 2005, 12:21 PM

Post #5 of 11 (1947 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Esther6281] GETTING A SHIN TZU.NEED ADVISE [In reply to] Can't Post

Tq4 ur reply!DO u think Shin Tzu is suitable2 keep4 apartment life?

MisterStan
Doggyman

Feb 1, 2005, 6:18 PM

Post #6 of 11 (1943 views)
Shortcut

hello

sorry to butt in... shih tzu is suitable to keep in apartment..

Esther6281
ALPHA

Feb 1, 2005, 6:44 PM

Post #7 of 11 (1939 views)
Shortcut

Yup, shih tzu is very suitable for apartment living. They don't need as much exercise as medium-large breeds, they are not yappy dogs, and they are very adaptable to any living conditions.

Have you gotten your potential breeder?

Love, BB's Mommy

Frown BB Appreciation <<-->> BB ~ My Baby, My Love, My Everything, My Reason For Living Frown

Frown BB Shares Goss-Fest <<-->> BB & Snowy, Sitting under a Tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G ~ Gossip is F-R-E-E Frown

ecilassim
Novice

Feb 1, 2005, 8:50 PM

Post #8 of 11 (1932 views)
Shortcut

No yet.The breeder seems hurry up2 sell "he" to me by keep lower price.So im worry tat the puppy might be something wrong..N i don know how judge wherter is pure breed or not..im giving up

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Feb 4, 2005, 5:48 AM

Post #9 of 11 (1918 views)
Shortcut

There is one... I think... check in Star newspaper, I think I saw shih tzu with cert RM700 only... but you must check it out first and don't buy when you view. See if got health quality or not and see if breeder memang sayang the puppies. A breeder that breeds for quality will not cage the puppies, he will let them play with you and show you the mother dog and father dog. If the breeder don't do that, don't buy coz maybe he selling for money only.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

Esther6281
ALPHA

Feb 18, 2005, 10:22 PM

Post #10 of 11 (1800 views)
Shortcut

Those that have the "hurry up" kinda attitude, better check the puppy first. Something must be a bit wrong. Talk to the breeder. If he/she is in need of money, then most likely, it's the money they want and there's probly nothing wrong with puppy. But if they got money, but still 'hurry up' like that... then very suspicious leh! You think so too, right??

There are plenty of good breeders. For love that you will gain from adopting your dream pooch, the effort is worth it, man. If you give up easily, maybe you might wanna wait a while more. Don't be disheatened so easily. I'm sure somewhere out there, there's one who's perfect for you. Hey, with so many members who have found their perfect doggie(s) <<some have way more than just one or two>>, I'm sure you can find yours also.

Miracles happen. You just gotta believe. You are a miracle to your parents also mah... Smile

Love, BB's Mommy

michellechen

Jun 22, 2005, 9:00 AM

Post #11 of 11 (1460 views)
Shortcut

Hi, I'm new here... Can't seem 2 find tht "Goss-Fest with BB & Snowy" which u mentioned... Can u gimme d link or tell me how 2 locate it? Thx... Smile
-michelle-

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my