Home: Behavioral Problems: Behavioural Issues - General:
Drinking toilet water!

joyie

Jan 29, 2005, 6:56 AM

Post #1 of 8 (1404 views)
Shortcut
Drinking toilet water! Can't Post

hiFrown

my furkid dunno y nowadays always drink the water on the toilet floor... he has a bottle and used to drink water from there but dunno wad happened recently... how come this will happen? how do i prevent this? coz toilet water isnt clean...............

FrownFrownFrown
joyie@tomFrown

Amanda85
Doggyman

Feb 28, 2005, 9:38 PM

Post #2 of 8 (1376 views)
Shortcut
Re: [joyie] Drinking toilet water! [In reply to] Can't Post

ya, my dog also did the same thing... she will rather drink from the pond, water basin, or even water meant for prayers , then her own bowl. this behaviour do link back to the psychology prob.! haha..

i do many things to prevent it from happening. eg. closing the toilet bowl, fencing up the pond and scolding her when she approach my ancestors.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

MisterStan
Doggyman

Feb 28, 2005, 10:08 PM

Post #3 of 8 (1373 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85 & joyie] Drinking toilet water! [In reply to] Can't Post

it happens to me too. henry used to approach my ancestors that have water in cups, and drink from there. i just take the net (the hard type) and put in there lor. what you can do is, if you happen to notice your doggy appraoching, just say NO, or run towards the doggy, and like chase them away.. then they will know that is forbidden area.

joyie

Mar 4, 2005, 4:26 AM

Post #4 of 8 (1344 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Drinking toilet water! [In reply to] Can't Post

i cant fence the place coz it's tom's toilet oso! i think he's scared to the playpan thing... the fence liidat tat thing? coz there was once it fell on him... slowly la not the whole thing bang on him! so i supposed that's y... now he's drinking water from his other bowl...

oh ya... btw how u reply to 2 person at once?

SmileSmileSmile
joyie@tomFrown

MisterStan
Doggyman

Mar 4, 2005, 6:37 AM

Post #5 of 8 (1342 views)
Shortcut

ic... then maybe you have to give tom a little scolding and patting to teach him not to drink from toilet bowl. henry also scares of anything that is moveable, and is banging on him. for example: wood plank in the muddy area (from jungle trek)

in the subject, just edit the [joyie] to [joyie and misterstan (anything]

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 6, 2005, 4:31 AM

Post #6 of 8 (1324 views)
Shortcut

how abt try giving ur dog filtered water? maybe it taste nicer... for me it is lah.

Regards,

Yang

joyie

Mar 11, 2005, 5:47 AM

Post #7 of 8 (1305 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy and misterstan] Drinking toilet water! [In reply to] Can't Post

hihiFrown

tom drinks filtered watert! the one we drink la... anyway he's drinking from the bowl now... havent touched the bottle for weeks! Frown as long as he drinks clean water then okie... Tongue

SmileSmileSmile
joyie@tomFrown

MisterStan
Doggyman

Mar 11, 2005, 7:12 AM

Post #8 of 8 (1303 views)
Shortcut

yah, as long as clean/filtered water.. then ok lah...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my