Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog's Rights and Protection:
I need some advice, please...

annjou
K9 Maniac

Jan 29, 2005, 12:24 AM

Post #1 of 23 (4031 views)
Shortcut
I need some advice, please... Can't Post

Here my case.... 2 months back, I've sold a puppy to a couple who are still new wif keeping dogs.....we (my bf & i) are very helpful by guiding them all the way the needs & way to care for a puppy....we even take care of the pup when tey are away to hometown for 2 weeks.....we dont mind as tat was our puppy....we fetch her for vaccine (cos tey r not free)...

now the problem begin....we found out tat tey r not fit to keep the pup....tey r goin away for the CNY...& oredi asking us to keep her AGAIN....y tey r not bringing her along??....teir reason...teir parents r not very fond of dog....tey even got the idea of not wanting the pup.....wanting to sell her off....told us tey got a friends (also new wif dog keeping) r kinda interested....& tey tot of SELLING the pup to them.....

Wat shod i do??.....i want to take the pup back, ofcos....but tey r asking a refund...shod i pay them back??....if yes, then how much shod tat be??....a full refund??....half of it??....i definately want to take back the pup, as i dont wanna lost contact wif her...

please advice....anyone??...

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jan 29, 2005, 3:24 AM

Post #2 of 23 (4020 views)
Shortcut
Re: [annjou] I need some advice, please... [In reply to] Can't Post

well, although the couple have adopted the puppy that belongs to you, you still provide care for the puppy.. so i think you should only refund half of the fee, to be fair..

you should take back the puppy as the couple are not suitable to adopt the puppy...

j9yne

Jan 29, 2005, 5:31 AM

Post #3 of 23 (4015 views)
Shortcut

It must be pretty sad to go through that.. but at least the option is available to you. If you really want the puppy back, go for it. I think what misterstan said is true.. since u helped cared for the puppy and all, i think half refund is good enough. furthermore, even if they were to sell it to another friend, they won't be able to sell it at the original price too right? i'm not sure if this helps.. but all the best to u Smile

current doggie at home : junior (silky terrier) Frown
my wish list : ckcs Frown

JolinG
Doggyman

Feb 2, 2005, 4:56 PM

Post #4 of 23 (3999 views)
Shortcut

hie....unfit to keep the puppy....n if they want a refund usualy pay them back half or less

nevera full refund cos its their mistake they should learn!!!!

annjou
K9 Maniac

Feb 2, 2005, 5:39 PM

Post #5 of 23 (3994 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JolinG] I need some advice, please... [In reply to] Can't Post

tanx all of u alot for the reply...tink i'll know wat to do if tey really returning the lil' girls...but i need to wait till after CNY....tey will only decide after tat....will keep u guys inform wats the result....

hhhmmm...wat i worry most now is the pups....pity her...she'll suffer alot....hav to change environment like tat...

JolinG
Doggyman

Feb 2, 2005, 5:43 PM

Post #6 of 23 (3991 views)
Shortcut

next time dun simply sell to ppl loh.. CrazyCrazy

must tell teach new dog owners its not easy to get a dog n not be responsible..

and as breeders we should make sure the ppl are screend properly n wat their plans n all for the puppies

not just cos they like n they can afford to pay means they can have the pups

lesson for them and u too yea

cheers

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Feb 4, 2005, 12:16 AM

Post #7 of 23 (3967 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Here my case.... 2 months back, I've sold a puppy to a couple who are still new wif keeping dogs.....we (my bf & i) are very helpful by guiding them all the way the needs & way to care for a puppy....we even take care of the pup when tey are away to hometown for 2 weeks.....we dont mind as tat was our puppy....we fetch her for vaccine (cos tey r not free)...

now the problem begin....we found out tat tey r not fit to keep the pup....tey r goin away for the CNY...& oredi asking us to keep her AGAIN....y tey r not bringing her along??....teir reason...teir parents r not very fond of dog....tey even got the idea of not wanting the pup.....wanting to sell her off....told us tey got a friends (also new wif dog keeping) r kinda interested....& tey tot of SELLING the pup to them.....

Wat shod i do??.....i want to take the pup back, ofcos....but tey r asking a refund...shod i pay them back??....if yes, then how much shod tat be??....a full refund??....half of it??....i definately want to take back the pup, as i dont wanna lost contact wif her...

please advice....anyone??...

Hi. Don't wait until after CNY to settle the issue of the dog. Get it over and done with and sooner rather than later. They may come back, decide to take the dog back then sell it to their friends - which gives you very little chance to taking it back.

Ask the couple to come over TO YOUR PLACE AND BRING THE DOG OVER too. This is important because they are at your place and the dog is also there. It means that they cannot ask you to leave or they go home and sell the dog to someone else - this is a worst-case situation when the discussion goes awry and there is heated exchange of words. Keep things as unconfrontational or angry as possible.

Tell them that the constant to-ing and fro-ing of this dog and it's uncertain future with this couple is causing you great mental stress. As such, you have decided to take the dog back. You are concerned that if the dog goes to another (unfamiliar) home it will cause the dog emotional problems (which may well happen so this is not a lie). Also tell them that, as a couple with no experience with dogs, they have found dog-keeping a lot more demanding than they anticipated. To rehome her with someone else equally unfamiliar with the demands of dog-keeping is unfair both to their friends and the dog. Tell them that while you would like to be able to offer them a full refund, you incurred expenses for the birth of this dog and offer them a refund of HALF the amount they paid.

The reason that I suggest HALF the amount is because taking back this dog is an unexpected additional expense TO YOU. Furthermore, you should recover, at least partially, the vet fees for the cost of the birth of this dog in the first place.

Have the money prepared IN CASH - preferably two envelopes, one containing the full refund and the another containing half the amount. This is so that once a decision is made on the amount of refund, you can just give them the envelope as quickly as possible so that they can leave as soon as possible (before they change their minds) leaving the dog with you. Make arrangements to collect the dog's things at another time. Also have a neutral friend present when you have this discussion.

If the couple is insistant that they want a full refund, then give it to them and count it as a lesson to you for selling the puppy to anyone without more careful vetting.

Good luck.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

annjou
K9 Maniac

Feb 16, 2005, 11:46 PM

Post #8 of 23 (3856 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] I need some advice, please... [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's the posting i come across from the web....my heart really sink when i saw it....tey even try to make a few hundreds out of her.....(p.s. some details hav been taken out due to terms concern)....wat a human...the guy even told me tat he keeps dog when he studied in australia, & mention about how good teir treat dogs tere...

Puppy for sale to good home ! Free RM500 Dog Accessories!

Posted danyce 122 21 January, 2005

Asking Price Condition RM1,300.00

Excellent

Description: Buff and Brown Colour
Sire from Champion Line
D.O.B. September 2004
MKA Registered and come with Microchip
Vaccinated and Dewormed ( all 3 times,so no need to do again)
I will give item as shown below hat i started use for the puppy:
- 1 Dog cage.worth (RM108)
- 1 Dog Carry Bag.worth(RM98)
- 1 Dog carpet. worth(RM75)
- 1 Dog toilet TRaining.worth(RM18)
- 1 Puppy shampoo. worth(RM25)
- 1 Dog ear cleaner. worth(RM25)
- 1 Dog bath brush. (worthRM10)
- 4 Dog toys. worth(RM50)
- 1 Dog bowl. worth(RM8)
- 1 Dog water holder. worth( RM20)
- 2 Dog salon and grooming. worth(RM50)
- 1 Dog nail cut. worth(RM15)
- 1 Dog Body Holder. worth(RM21)
Author danyce

Comment Date: 28 January, 2005

If you buy b4 chinese new year i can give u a big big offer! call me 016-4007###, the puppy is at Petaling Jaya,u can have a look!

(This post was edited by annjou on Feb 16, 2005, 11:51 PM)

annjou
K9 Maniac

Feb 16, 2005, 11:49 PM

Post #9 of 23 (3856 views)
Shortcut

here's another...

Puppy ! Free RM500++ Dog

Description:
    Buff and Brown Colour
    Sire from Champion Line
    D.O.B. September 2004
    - 1 Dog bowl. worth(RM8)
Name: Alvin Chong

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Feb 17, 2005, 1:01 AM

Post #10 of 23 (3848 views)
Shortcut

My advice was to get this settled before Chinese New Year. You have obviously left it too long and let the situation get to this point. Talking about your breaking heart is another waste of time and does nothing to help. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and either take action to get the dog back or let it go.

Let this be a lesson to you not to breed puppies for sale. Then sell them to people that you barely knew and obviously failed to vet thoroughly enough.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

annjou
K9 Maniac

Feb 17, 2005, 1:59 AM

Post #11 of 23 (3837 views)
Shortcut

oredi got her back tis afternoon ....

tanx alot for ur advice ...i know i deserve to b teach a lesson, but i tink u hav abit misunderstand meUnsure ...to b clear, i m not feeling sorry for myself...i m juz feeling sorry for my pups ...tink i owe her Frown....actually, i hav no intention to bred dog for sale...it was an accident ....& i've oredi make very sure tat all the pups hav a good home....til now, i m still keeping in contact wif all of them, and i'll try my whole best tat i keep tat connection....

everyone deserve another chance...i've giv them the chance & the time to consider, but since tey r the one to call me tis morning about teir intention, i tink tey hav oredi used up teir chance .....

now the pup is wif me back, safe & sound ...very mischief tho .... tel u wat, she didnt even care when tat couple go away...pity, she cant even remember her name....

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Feb 17, 2005, 7:38 AM

Post #12 of 23 (3828 views)
Shortcut

I am glad for the puppy that the situation has been resolved with the puppy back with you.

It's horrible that these people are so awful that the puppy doesn't even know it's name.

All the best to you and the puppy.

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 17, 2005, 5:10 PM

Post #13 of 23 (3811 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Is the breed he advertise a Minpin?

annjou
K9 Maniac

Feb 17, 2005, 5:34 PM

Post #14 of 23 (3803 views)
Shortcut

TQ... she is healthy & active....over active, i would say...but, can u imagine, she is oredi 5-months old, but still not toilet train!!...wat the h*ll r tey doing wif her tos few 3-months??...she still pee & poo in the cage....luckily she still consider young....tink i got alot more training to do....

annjou
K9 Maniac

Feb 17, 2005, 5:36 PM

Post #15 of 23 (3803 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] I need some advice, please... [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, ..no, nit pinch....quite the opposite ....she's long fur...very long...
y the asking?? Crazy

(This post was edited by annjou on Feb 17, 2005, 5:36 PM)

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 17, 2005, 6:11 PM

Post #16 of 23 (3798 views)
Shortcut

The name sound familiar to me. Maybe I know him.

He got Minpin, Boxer, Chow and Chihuahua. He also a groomer. Stay at PJ.

annjou
K9 Maniac

Feb 17, 2005, 6:42 PM

Post #17 of 23 (3790 views)
Shortcut

i tink urs is the diferent person...danyse is a girl....& tey cant even take care of ONE puppy... how can tey b a grommer or keep so many dogs??...

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 17, 2005, 7:21 PM

Post #18 of 23 (3781 views)
Shortcut

I am refering to this post:-

Puppy ! Free RM500++ Dog

Description:
    Buff and Brown Colour
    Sire from Champion Line
    D.O.B. September 2004
    - 1 Dog bowl. worth(RM8)
Name: Alvin Chong

annjou
K9 Maniac

Feb 17, 2005, 7:58 PM

Post #19 of 23 (3771 views)
Shortcut

same ler..Tongue..tey r a couple...

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 3, 2005, 5:24 PM

Post #20 of 23 (3615 views)
Shortcut

annjou~

many ppl nvr think properly b4 take in a dog, even if the person not buying, maybe he just saw a pup & rescue it, then only say i cant take it lah, too noisy, my house got another dog, during holiday nobody take care... ... all reasons (or excuses?) then they say if nobody going to adopt from them, they r "forced" to send their dog to animal shelters who killls. They thought they did charity by rescuing a pup frm street, but then they send them to death, this is not rescuing, this is killing indirectly! unless the pup is injured or will die if u nvr rescue, if not no point u rescue then send to animal shelters. is the same in ur case, i understand all the buyers to buy ur dog will say how good they will treat the dog, blablabla, so b4 u sell, pls make a contract, state there they cant resell the pup, u can visit from times to times (reasonable) in future, if they r found negleted the pup u got the very right to take back, if the buyer is responsible, he/she will definitely sign. but at least for pure breed dogs most probably they wony brought to animal shelter, at least the pure breeds will have a home. but even the pure breeds r sent to animal shelters, they will still be alive. mongrels? ... ...

Chen Yang

Regards,

Yang

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Mar 8, 2005, 12:39 AM

Post #21 of 23 (3566 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
hi, ..no, nit pinch....quite the opposite ....she's long fur...very long...
y the asking?? Crazy

Annjou, Now that the situation is resolved, out of curiousity, what breed is the dog? Just being nosy. Gus-Gus

annjou
K9 Maniac

Mar 8, 2005, 2:02 AM

Post #22 of 23 (3555 views)
Shortcut

ACS..some updates...my frend has adopted her...she & her family loves her alot...but still, i m keeping my eyes on her (& all her other siblings)...make sure tat she is being taken good care of...

thank you all of you for the advice...really appreciate it..

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Mar 8, 2005, 7:51 AM

Post #23 of 23 (3542 views)
Shortcut

Good to hear that the dog is settling into a more stable home atmosphere.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my