First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 28, 2005, 3:52 AM

Post #1 of 56 (3132 views)
Shortcut
URGENT!!! Volunteers needed at PAWS!!! Can't Post

SPRV & Pet Lovers~

The workers (non-Malaysian) at PAWS are no longer there for some "reasons", & PAWS is out of ppl to manage the place. Need volunteers URGENTLY!!! (asap!) to help feeding the animals, clean up the place etc.

We strongly encourage SPRV volunteers to help out this pity animals, if not they might be hungry or not hygine & suffering.

We will be going 2moro morning 9am, anybody wish 2 follow? days after 2moro oso needed volunteers until there are new workers there. Pls, Pet Lovers offer helping hands to PAWS at Subang. Help the animals who cant speak.

Chen Yang

Regards,

Yang

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 28, 2005, 6:58 PM

Post #2 of 56 (3113 views)
Shortcut
URGENT!!! Volunteers needed at PAWS!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

According to 1 volunteer from PAWS, nobody appears this morning. she has to do everthing alone, morning section is finished, I was so shocked tht nobody actually turned up?!! pls help today's 2pm section ok? r u claimed to be a pet lover? now the animals need ur help, r u gng to watch them suffering although u know they are, and let them continue to suffer? or go & help them.. I hope u will choose the 2nd option. thanks for helping. hope to see u laterFrown

Chen Yang

Regards,

Yang

eevon881001
Novice

Jan 28, 2005, 10:25 PM

Post #3 of 56 (3097 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] URGENT!!! Volunteers needed at PAWS!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Leecy, I am wondering who is the organizer of PAWS? I wish to talk to her personally because my club, LEO from SMK Damansara Utama wishes to pay a visit and volunteer to help the animals there. Do reply as a soon as possible. Thank you very much! Yours sincerely, Lim Ee Von

Liz Tay
Dog Kichi

Jan 28, 2005, 11:40 PM

Post #4 of 56 (3085 views)
Shortcut

Hi Chen Yang

Thanks for putting out the word. Volunteers for feeding/cleaning are desperately needed at PAWS at least over the next few days (from today, Friday 28th Jan '05)

The kennel workers are not available and replacements have not yet arrived. Even when they do come they will not be experienced at all.

Helpers are needed in two shifts each day - early morning (from 8.30am) for feeding and cleaning, and again from 2.30 pm for the second round of feeding plus basic cleaning. Anyone who can come between these times can help with general cleaning and care, but feeding and the big morning clean is obviously the greatest need. You can choose which side you are able to help - with dogs or cats. If you are able to do both, even better.

WE HAVE OVER 400 ANIMALS IN NEED OF DAILY CARE AND THEY ARE NOT ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THE HUMAN PROBLEMS WHICH HAVE LEFT THEM WITH NOBODY TO FEED THEM... PLEASE GIVE SOME TIME TO HELP. OUR REGULAR VOLUNTEERS ARE SMALL IN NUMBER AND WILL TRULY APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP YOU CAN GIVE. THE DOGS AND CATS WILL TOO...

To get yourself on the rota or to let us know when you will be coming, please call volunteer Cynthia on 012-9338108. That way we can spread ourselves out and make sure none go hungry or dirty any day.

Come in old clothes and be prepared to get messy. But know you will have done a great service to our four-legged friends. Thank you!

Liz

(This post was edited by Liz Tay on Jan 28, 2005, 11:41 PM)

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 29, 2005, 4:27 AM

Post #5 of 56 (3057 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eevon881001] URGENT!!! Volunteers needed at PAWS!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

eevon881001~

im glad u actually offered a helping hands. pls refer to Liz Tay's posting above for more information.

currently PAWS is in need of helping hands now, perhaps u can arrange a trip there to help as soon as possible, but pls do inform ur members the might need to be involve in cleanings section, so be prepared.

if u wish to join us 2gthr u r most welcome to contact me 012-3191503, but if u wish to go with ur club members only it should be fine.

pls take note tht normally they need more volunteers in weekdays as not many ppl are free, but as mentioned above, they r in need of helping hand URGENTLY in these few weeks time, go ahead either morning start from 8.30 or noon abt 2.30.

Chen Yang

Regards,

Yang

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 29, 2005, 4:43 AM

Post #6 of 56 (3053 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Liz Tay] URGENT!!! Volunteers needed at PAWS!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Liz Tay~

no thanks, this is actually our(human) responsibility, there are too many irresponsible persons out there, they take in pups, when the pups grew up, they send it back to animal shelter.. 2day i saw somebody surrender a pup with eyes closed to PAWS, wat makes them feel like doing so? i feel pity of the puppy, if im the 1 who found it, i cant actually leave the responsiblity to somebody else just like tht.. & another parents actually brought their little daughter along when surrendering their dog, from their face they are "care" abt the dog, even bring a pack of dog food with them, which i think can last only for 1 day, they are "responsible" enough by letting their dog away since they dont like the dog anymore. they even "kind" enough by not bother to unleash the dog & leave it hanging on the dog's neck, before they leave, the mommy oso never forget abt the dog, she even joked to the dog "is this my dog?" then leave the place letting the dog crying pityly in the cage. maybe they cant hear the soft cry which i can hear from further than them, or maybe they dont undertand this is a voice of sadness from the dog? i think the dog is thinking of his/her owner 2nite, & all the nites... will his/her owner do tht??? 2moro anybody going there? pls sayang al the dogs there, bcs they are sad. but at least they r happy when u sayang them

Chen Yang

Regards,

Yang

eevon881001
Novice

Jan 29, 2005, 7:27 AM

Post #7 of 56 (3040 views)
Shortcut

Dear Chen Yang, Thanks for the information and I will contact you as soon as possible. We plan to visit the PAWS on the 19th of February, Saturday. We couldn't make it during the weekdays because we are schooling. We would love to help out in cleaning the place and feeding the animals there. Now, I am finding more people to go there and help out. How many you think is the maximum? We might need a guide on what to do there, so on and so forth. Thank you once again and have a good day! Yours sincerely, Lim Ee Von

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 29, 2005, 7:59 AM

Post #8 of 56 (3034 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eevon881001] URGENT!!! Volunteers needed at PAWS!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

eevon~

actually im new in PAWS, but im guided by some regular volunteers there, so will try to help wat i can based on wat i understand.

19th of feb is a holiday for me but im not sure wether im at Subang or is there any important arrangement at tht particular day. but will try my best to meet u guys there. rather than saying guiding u guys, im actually juz helping. we will go & ask wat can we help at the office or regular volunteers & they will actually give us some tasks to do, mainly feeding & cleaning. do u know how 2 go to PAWS? better sort it out b4 go ok?

from my experience, if u plan 2 help in both dogs & cats section, u can find a max. of 10 person, 5 for cats & 5 for dogs, this is from my personal judgement. & pls inform ur members they are doing cleaning job for abt 400 animals, so pls be well prepared.

Im glad there is actually somebody who r so concern abt these pity animals, a special thanks to u, eevon.

Chen Yang

Regards,

Yang

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Jan 29, 2005, 9:24 AM

Post #9 of 56 (3029 views)
Shortcut

Leecy

Count me in.

Tkns.

Pipimom

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Jan 29, 2005, 9:26 AM

Post #10 of 56 (3028 views)
Shortcut

hi eevon881001

Remember me? I actually put my name when you asked for volunteers.. actually I have been going to Paws off and on...

So I think I will still carry on until your group intends to visit Paws then you can let me know too.

Tkns. Pipimom - sprv member

Niroto
Novice

Jan 29, 2005, 2:03 PM

Post #11 of 56 (3024 views)
Shortcut

DEAR READERS,,

Yeah ,please lend a helping hand.. help those cute pups, kittiess, dogs and cats. THey need YOU now..If you are free, why not help? What is wrong with helping?

TO DO OR NOT TO DO,, IT'S ALL DEPENDS ON YOU.. So, choose what is right. Who knows,, you might learn more than you will ever know there.

All you have to do is as simple as this;

Get yourself to PAWS,,and ask them what you can help for those dogs and cats there?

Each of us, dog lovers could do our part by helping them. DON"T JUST SIT,, DO SOMETHING!
NOW IS THE TIME to prove to yourself you are really a dog lover and do really care about them. So, get yourself moving~Wink

~SPRV~

(This post was edited by Niroto on Jan 29, 2005, 2:08 PM)

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jan 29, 2005, 6:10 PM

Post #12 of 56 (3012 views)
Shortcut

I went to PAWS along with leecy and friends to help out. IT was tiring but rewarding at the same time seeing the cats meow happily when we place big bowls of nice canned food in their pens. We even washed up all the cages so all the cats feel nice and clean.

PAWS really need volunteers urgently. The amount of help is need as there are many dogs and cats that need love and attention. I'm still puzzled at why some people like to surrender their dogs and cats. I can't even surrender my own cat when I found him as a kitten and now he is part of the family. Anyway, it was heart breaking to see a couple and tehir daughter give up their full grown dog that could be under 3 years old. The parents were quick and quiet, never patted the dog, just leashed it and pulled it into PAWS. Later, they just pushed it into a cage. When about to leave, no good byes but what was worst was when the girl said out loudly, "is that my dog?" and just walked away with no emotion. Plain cruel I would say. If they gave some reason like moving into a condo, I would say it is silly. My parents work in Puchong and Shah Alam and I study in Cyberjaya and we still live in Setapak because we want to be with our dogs and pets and not move to some condo or small house that can't take in dogs....

Anyway, I hope all had a good day. I didn't. While volunteering at PAWS, my pet tortoise died....I'm still very sad now and miss him a lot. Sigh.....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

eevon881001
Novice

Jan 30, 2005, 4:13 AM

Post #13 of 56 (2988 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PIPIMOM] URGENT!!! Volunteers needed at PAWS!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Pipimom, Oh yes! I do remember you! You were great because you spare your time and helped many animals in PAWS. Do you wish to follow us to PAWS on the 19th of February? We would be glad to have as many people that are experienced to guide us. Thanks a million! Yours sincerely, Lim Ee Von.

eevon881001
Novice

Jan 30, 2005, 4:21 AM

Post #14 of 56 (2984 views)
Shortcut

Dear Chen Yang, Glad you replied and gave some important imformation. We did went to PAWS two years ago but did not really give much help. But this time, we plan to clean the place. 400 animals? Wow... would about30 people be enough then? I try to get more people to join. But i'm scared that the animals would be afraid of such a big group. The office? Who is the regular volunteers here? Do you know what items to bring and sorts for the cleaning? We're inexperienced in this. Thanks for taking your time to reply my message! Yours sincerely, Lim Ee Von.

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Jan 30, 2005, 5:54 AM

Post #15 of 56 (2973 views)
Shortcut

Eevon

Actually today , we are supposed to go at 2.30pm but because we rescued three pups so we were delayed and we had to miss Paw

We will contact you when we are more organised. We have to schedule with the ppl there and then they will put a time table for us.

What you can do is to tell us how many ppl can come(not 30 at one go-cos it will be too many ) at least maybe about 6 in two shifts, morning and afternoon. With this email i will ask Leecy to contact you and we will then discuss and plan together.

What is your personal email? mine is jupek dotcom and then we can exchange phone numbers and discuss more okay.

Tkns for availing yourselves to help. Paws need a great team and we will advise you the attire and necessary info.

BTY, where are you and your friends coming from? Is transport a problem? or we meet you at Carrefour KTM?

So keep in touch.

PIPIMOM- sprv

Pipimom - sprv

eevon881001
Novice

Jan 30, 2005, 6:53 AM

Post #16 of 56 (2970 views)
Shortcut

Dear Pipimom, I see... Is it possible if more people were to go there? Because this trip is our club's project and there are many people that participated in our club. We thought of taking a bus there because we thought more people can go then.

(This post was edited by Moderator on Jan 30, 2005, 8:51 AM)

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Jan 30, 2005, 7:08 AM

Post #17 of 56 (2967 views)
Shortcut

OK EVONNE

Let me discuss with my group and Paws and then I email to you personally.

TQ.

pipimom

eevon881001
Novice

Jan 30, 2005, 7:17 AM

Post #18 of 56 (2962 views)
Shortcut

Dear Pipimom, Yeah sure. Okay. Thanks by the way. Yours sincerely, Lim Ee Von

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 30, 2005, 9:19 AM

Post #19 of 56 (2951 views)
Shortcut

Eevon~

there r mainly 2 period 2 help, morning start abt 9am & noon start abt 2pm. it is preferable if u can seperate ur group into 2 section.

pls confirm with us how many person u plan 2 go with, PIPIMOM & me is in 1 team so u can send email to her & me. we will arrange with PAWS or ask more experienced personals in PAWS abt it once u give us a confirm number.

012-3191503

Chen Yang

Regards,

Yang

eevon881001
Novice

Jan 30, 2005, 7:51 PM

Post #20 of 56 (2936 views)
Shortcut

Dear Pipimom & Chen Yang, There maybe a teacher or two to come along. Previously, we went to PAWS by the numbers of 30. But, we only walk the dogs and wash the dogs. This year, we plan to clean up the place, cut grass, wash dogs & cats cages, feed them etc. If more people were to join, they can help out and spread out in different categories so the work can be done faster and smoother. I am not sure if there are people going there in two periods unless we stay there from 9pm until around 4pm because there are transport difficulties and also the students' activities during the evening. I overheard that the workers there are gone. Who are going to feed the animals there everyday? Yours sincerely, Ee Von.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 30, 2005, 11:42 PM

Post #21 of 56 (2920 views)
Shortcut

Eevon~

the pity animals are fully rely on volunteers & us, pet lovers to feed them, clean them up & take care of them. even when there is new worker, they r not experienced in handling animals, so still need help. especially these few days to weeks, they reali need volunteers, if not who gng to take care? if u can, rather than wait for ur club, y not go there individually or with some frens? or u wish 2 join us 2gthr pls do inform us earlier k?

Chen Yang

Regards,

Yang

eevon881001
Novice

Jan 31, 2005, 3:38 AM

Post #22 of 56 (2910 views)
Shortcut

Dear Chen Yang, Now, I understand. But my parents would not allow me for going alone or just with friends because 1, they think it's not safe; 2, they think it will effect my studies; and 3, i have no transport... they wont take me there. That is why I took the opportunity to make a trip to PAWS with my club. I don't even have a dog because my parents think it will effect my studies. They think I'll go crazy about them if I got one. But anyway, I am already quite obsessed with animals since young. Would wanna be a zoologist or a vet too after spm, which i am taking this year. So, maybe after I got my license and finish my studies, I would love to help out there. But right now, I should be focusing on my project. Hehehe... Oh yes, I was wondering besides cleaning the cages and feeding the dogs, what else should we do there? Should I take note and call the office of PAWS? Thanks a million! Yours truly, Ee Von.

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Jan 31, 2005, 5:59 AM

Post #23 of 56 (2904 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eevon881001& Leecy] URGENT!!! Volunteers needed at PAWS!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi eevon

Okay .. your information now is enough for us to arrange.

Now that we know the date and the number of ppl coming and the time you can spend, Leecy and me will discuss with Paws and we will come back to you . It might take a little longer time perhaps even after CNY, but we want to ensure that your resources are utilised and maximised.

Pse wait for our reply. Since Leecy and the sprv are already planning the schedule, we will include yours into the slot. Don't worry we will let you know at least 2 wks in advance because your group is BIG ...HEHEHEE

Tkns and sure the furkids all will love you all.

Pipimom - sprv

eevon881001
Novice

Jan 31, 2005, 6:06 AM

Post #24 of 56 (2903 views)
Shortcut

Dear Pipimom, Oh Thank you thank you! But will the date change? I have to inform the members about date soon so that they can leave that day free for it. But if it is not yet confirmed, it's ok! Thanks once again! Yours truly, Ee Von.

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 31, 2005, 9:32 AM

Post #25 of 56 (2883 views)
Shortcut

Eevon~

ok, will try 2 figure out more info for u.

so r u serious u 1 2 become a vet? im so surprised & excited as i heard tht ur ambition is to help these pity pets if u become 1 in future. shall i book u 1st for ur service? SPRV needs ur service & appreciate it. although it's in future, but our passion towards animals will never end. hope urs tooWink may ur dream fulfilled.

Chen Yang

Regards,

Yang

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my