Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Grooming of English Cocker

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 10, 2003, 9:34 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1695 views)
Shortcut
Grooming of English Cocker Can't Post

Hiya... after the show today, everyone i met thought i should strip Luckey's puppy coat, and topknot, (coz cockers supposed to look "bald") so i thought i'd give it a try today and she looks so bald!!! Unsure

regretting it alot coz i think she looked better in her puppy coat, fringe and all... how long do you think it takes for cocker hair to grow back, esp the fringe on the forehead?

I don't think luckey liked her new haircut... so she promptly peed on the bed after the grooming sesh... yikes..

arthur
ALPHA

Mar 10, 2003, 5:23 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1692 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Grooming of English Cocker [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Jenn,

Wah so fast you groomed Luckey already ah?

Personally I find the fringe on the forehead cool..after seeing Luckey's mom (Juno?). With the center parting and long flowing locks remind me of those rock band guitar players Smile.

Back to your question, how long it takes to grow back really depends on your dog. How long was it before you snipped it off? Generally using mini schnauzers as a guide line, the hair would grow out to 2-3inches within 6-10weeks.

Rdgs Arthur

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 10, 2003, 7:09 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1687 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Grooming of English Cocker [In reply to] Can't Post

thank god... cant wait till i get my rock star back again!!! ... now she has that classic cocker expression and looks quite mopey Unsure

thanks!

chongmeng_soh

Mar 10, 2003, 10:27 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1680 views)
Shortcut

dear jeff, it's will take about 3-4 months for the hair to grow back for my cocker. as for me i cut my cocker hair after that i will take attention about thier coat condition by feeding them will suitable amount of omega oil to improve thier glossy coat.Smile
sohchongmeng.spaces.live.com/

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 11, 2003, 3:50 AM

Post #5 of 7 (1673 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chongmeng_soh] Grooming of English Cocker [In reply to] Can't Post

when you take off the hari off the top of your cocker's forehead, do you hand strip the topknot off, or do you use clippers? I heard if you use clippers on eng cockers you don't get the "natural" look and also they look really really botak to begin with.

but now i'm a bit stuck, coz i don't want to hurt luckey by plucking her ear hair off coz i think that's more sensitive than the forhead, but because the top of her ears are also covered with fluff, she looks like she's wearing two pony tails ratehr than ears!

any tips? would appreciate, thanks so much! Smile

chongmeng_soh

Mar 15, 2003, 2:57 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1660 views)
Shortcut

too professional aledi ....coz i never plug thier hair...i use only clipper (sometime if thier hair is too long and make them dirty every time they eat or doing thier business.Smile hopefully someone will assit you in this cases~.Unimpressed
sohchongmeng.spaces.live.com/

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 15, 2003, 9:19 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1658 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chongmeng_soh] Grooming of English Cocker [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for helping... i stripped luckey some more and she is beginning to look more and more like those cockers in the books. Smile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my