Home: Breed Specific: Toy Group:
Bichon Frise...from US

jesscin
Novice

Jan 24, 2005, 6:28 PM

Post #1 of 22 (3928 views)
Shortcut
Bichon Frise...from US Can't Post

Hi, I have sevaral questions regarding my Bichon Frise. I just bought a AKC registered bichon frise in US and plan to bring her back to Malaysia.

1. Anyone knows the procedure to bring a dog to Malaysia.

2. a) If I want to breed my dog with another bichon frise with AKC registered, can her puppies register for MKA in Malaysia??

b) If I want to breed my dog with another MKA registered, can her puppies register for MKA in Malaysia???

3. I plan to have a teacup poodle as well. Is there any teacup poodle in Malaysia? Is it hard to get? How much it costs?

Popeye18
Dog Kichi

Jan 24, 2005, 7:24 PM

Post #2 of 22 (3919 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jesscin] Bichon Frise...from US [In reply to] Can't Post

hi, u mean u bought it from US? now u r in US? actually we could buy it from internet, also AKC registered. but now i am discussing the shipping cost with the supplier from US. i am thinking of female pekingese puppy. maybe you can look 1 for me and then help me to bring back with your bichon? i can pay back to you all the expenses for the dog. How do u think?
Try to make dog happier instead of keep demanding happiness from dog.

jesscin
Novice

Jan 25, 2005, 12:41 PM

Post #3 of 22 (3894 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Popeye18] Bichon Frise...from US [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi my frez,

Yes, I am now in US. I can't promise you before I know the procedures to take a puppy to Malaysia. As what I know, all the puppies will need to be quarantine for two weeks before entering to Malaysia. Are they safe to be quarantine? What are they going to do with them??? Besides, I think Pekinese is more cheaper in Malaysia. I just wonder why you want to get one from US? However, I am happy to help you if you really interested in getting one from US.

I don't think I will go back to Malaysia this year, probably next year. Anyway, my family member will visit me on May. So, if anyone looking for the breed that is hard to find in Malaysia please don't hesitate to contact me. I am happy if I can bring them back to Malaysia.

I am thinking to buy a teacup poodle (a very tiny poodle that weight about 4lbs) I just want to know whether I can get it from Malaysia. If it does, I will not buy it from here as I don't want them to be quarantine. If it doesn't I will breed them and send them back to Malaysia.

Thank you

Fiong

Popeye18
Dog Kichi

Jan 30, 2005, 8:56 AM

Post #4 of 22 (3866 views)
Shortcut

Hi, thanks hoh!! but the 1st thing is can u check for me how much is a pekingese cost in US? and how much i should pay in totality?(including ur expenses to bring her back KL?) GAM XIA!
Try to make dog happier instead of keep demanding happiness from dog.

EDDEL
New User

Jan 31, 2005, 7:00 PM

Post #5 of 22 (3858 views)
Shortcut

HI jesscin, which part of the U.S. are you in?

And which kennel did you buy your Bichon Frise pup from?

I wonder what's your pup'sAKC registered nameSmile

jesscin
Novice

Jan 31, 2005, 11:27 PM

Post #6 of 22 (3851 views)
Shortcut
Re: [EDDEL] Bichon Frise...from US [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I'm from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I brought her from a breeder, who lives at the northen part of Pittsburgh. Her registered name is Bijou (French name Wink).

jesscin
Novice

Feb 20, 2005, 7:55 PM

Post #7 of 22 (3813 views)
Shortcut

I plan to get my second doggie in US... the teacup poodle....Is there any teacup poodle in Malaysia??

jesscin
Novice

Feb 20, 2005, 8:17 PM

Post #8 of 22 (3806 views)
Shortcut

Happy Chinese New Year......

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 20, 2005, 8:52 PM

Post #9 of 22 (3795 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Why you want a teacup poodle?

It is very sad to own one cause indirectly you are creating a demand for this unmoral breeding.

jesscin
Novice

Feb 20, 2005, 9:51 PM

Post #10 of 22 (3788 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Bichon Frise...from US [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, really thank you for ur reply,

First, I would like to ask, what do you mean by immoral. As for my information, teacup poodle is considered as a toy poodle and they are still register as a toy poodle under AKC. They are born by nature. Nothing to do with the genetically modification. They are just tiny, small but healthy. They are so adorable. Am I misunderstanding about this breed? Please let me know b4 I get them. Thank you.

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 21, 2005, 2:35 AM

Post #11 of 22 (3782 views)
Shortcut

Toy Poodle is the smallest version of the Poodle, originally used in Germany and France as a retriever. Later, it was favored by circus perfomers for its comic appearance and because it was easy to train.

Male & Female Toy Poodle size : Height up to 11in (28cm), Weight 9lb (4kg)

Please check the AKC website: http://www.akc.org/breeds/poodle/

Avoid buying Teacup Poodle, ThanksWink

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 21, 2005, 2:45 AM

Post #12 of 22 (3778 views)
Shortcut

Check this out also Thanks :

1. http://www.poodleclubofamerica.org/breed.htm

2. www.poodlesonline.com/sizes_colors.html

3. www.vipoodle.org/ethbr_t.htm

Hope this help

(This post was edited by chrisong on Feb 21, 2005, 2:51 AM)

jesscin
Novice

Feb 21, 2005, 8:00 AM

Post #13 of 22 (3765 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Bichon Frise...from US [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for giving me all those website. I have just read through them. However, none of them shows that t-cup poodle is disqualified from AKC or any other health problem. Moreover, the following message from AKC shows that toy poodle is under 10 inches at the highest point of the shoulder. Normally, t-cup poodle will be around 8 inches. So, they are not abnormal. They are still group under toy poodle.

"The Toy Poodle is 10 inches or under at the highest point of the shoulders. Any Poodle which is more than 10 inches at the highest point of the shoulders shall be disqualified from competition as a Toy Poodle.

As long as the Toy Poodle is definitely a Toy Poodle, and the Miniature Poodle a Miniature Poodle, both in balance and proportion for the Variety, diminutiveness shall be the deciding factor when all other points are equal." (http://www.akc.org/breeds/poodle/)

chrisong
Doggyman

Feb 21, 2005, 8:57 PM

Post #14 of 22 (3751 views)
Shortcut

Bad breeders use 'teacup', which is NOT a true term in any breed. 'Toy' is the smallest size for breeds that have known differing sizes like the poodles ect. Teacups are extremely undersized representatives of their breed and should NOT be bred for or bred.

Here are few sites about Teacup Poodle. Hope this help.

1. www.dreampoodles.com/Candy.htm

2. members.aol.com/IzatKaren/class.html

"Tea-Cup" - Any catch-phrases such as "tiny", "tea-cup", "extra small", "extra large", "imperial" "royal", etc. are signs of an irresponsible breeder. There is no such thing as "Tea-cup" Poodles nor "Imperial" Shih Tzu’s. For AKC registered dogs there is only one written standard for a breed and anything that deviates from this standard is incorrect. Irresponsible breeders are interested in only one thing ... money. They could care less about the health or eventual welfare of their animals.

3. www.globalpaw.com/archive/index.php/t-1345.html

Purebred (and that means no Mini Toy, or Teacup Toy, etc.,) Poodles are just fine the way they are.

4. www.brandypup.com/Dogs/byb.html

A few other red flags are
*both parents on location
*charges more for registry papers, color of pet or if the pet is female
*raises 'teacups' or ‘imperials’
*has Christmas puppies (Valentines or any gift giving occasion)
*doesn't show or field trail

5. members.aol.com/cokicola/breeder.htm "Rare"--This is often because either the breeder is using the wrong term for a common trait (i.e., "teacup" for toy size) or the dogs in question have a trait that no responsible breeder would deliberately produce, either because it is not allowed or is considered a serious fault in the breed standard, and/or is associated with health problems in the breed.

AndrewWong
Novice

Feb 27, 2005, 11:51 PM

Post #15 of 22 (3721 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jesscin,

I agree with what've chrisong said, "Never buy a t-cup poodle". U see, t-cup is still being registered to AKC but is under Toy Miniature Group. If it is officially recognize, definately there will be another group for these t-cup poodle fella. t-cup poodle is actually some sort of by product from a improper breeding and as the end result, these supposingly to be a toy poodle grow to be too small than the toy poodle standard. But for the breeder, it's another way for them to make money from that because they are so adorable and cute to see...T-cup is just simply a toy poodle that grow under size that doesn't meet the TOY POODLE breed standard...

If u are saying why the AKC still accepting the registration of the t-cup, this is because they won't actually know the suppose to be toy poodle pup will grow to meet the standard of the Toy Poodle. And if you look at it, the sire and the dam is Tot poodle NOT T-CUP Poodle. To keep it simple again, this t-cup is actually does not meet the standard of Toy Poodle and this is an opportunity for the breeder to make a lot of money from it. Same as other dog, take minpin for instance, a litter can be registered to the local kennel club but some of them might grow under size and some of them might grow over size. So for these under and over sizes dogs will be categorized as a pet dog and can't be show BUT they are still registered in the local kennel club as a minpin. Usually they will be neutered or spayed for the good sake of the breed. Registeration of a breed of a dog doesn't means that they are all healthy and breed in a good manner. The registration just mainly for the club to recognized it as a PURE BREED dog which it will show all the sire and dam and their great grandparents records as a pure breed. The QUALITY of it is a different story....

So i would say don't get a t-cup poodle as it is from an improper breeding and it might result to genetic problem and it will really create un-necessary demand to this by product which will also affect the intention of a responsible breeder that are trying to improve the breed standard.

Hope this is clear enough....

Cheers,

Andrew Wong

jesscin
Novice

Mar 4, 2005, 10:51 PM

Post #16 of 22 (3696 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndrewWong] Bichon Frise...from US [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you so much for all of your reply. All those information are clear enough. And, I have already change my mind to get a yorkshire terrier instead of getting the Tcup poodle. Yorkie is adorable and tiny. Anyway, the price range is USD1000 - USD1500 for pet. It's quite expensive. I read some posting regarding Yorkie. They said it's hard to find in Malaysia. Instead, they got Silky for the Yorkie. I really dun know how to find a reputable breeder. I found a list of breeder from the YTCA website. Unfortunately, non of them has the puppy right at this time. headache!

latte
Novice

Mar 6, 2005, 1:06 AM

Post #17 of 22 (3680 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jesscin,

You really a dog lover.

Which part of Malaysia you'll returning? KL or Penang?
I'm working in Freight Forwarding line. I might help on that.

Well, myself is not very sure about the exact procedure. If you have confirm everything, then I can get assist from my collegue.

I hv a Miniature Pincher. You can copy this url and take a look at my Latté.
www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=208430#208430FrownFrown
My Latté

jesscin
Novice

Mar 6, 2005, 1:12 PM

Post #18 of 22 (3667 views)
Shortcut
Re: [latte] Bichon Frise...from US [In reply to] Can't Post

What a tiny latte... anyway, I am from Johor but will move to KL when I get back to Malaysia. I will not go back to Malaysia till 2008 because have to wait for my boyboy to study+dissertation. That's why he promise to compensate me with the yorkie. Unfortunately, his budget is only USD1000 and I have to pay for the rest. ( not even dare to let him know if it's really more than a thousand...hehehe...Cool)

I did get some information about pet imports to Malaysia from http://agrolink.moa.my/...t/pet-imp/index.html. Some documentation need to be prepared in advance before going back to MY but it's not that complicated. The only thing I worry is the quarantine. Luckily, they will allow us to visit them during the quarantine.

I wish to find more yorkie and bichon in Malaysia so that we can have a meetup. And, my bf love Bijou (my bichon) so much coz she is very intelligent and adorable. Sometimes, when we argue, she just bark until we stop arguing. She is so "keh po" but it made us laugh. She also like to show her pity face when she is in crate. She learn some commands such as sit, stay, wait, up(jump), shake hand, vitamin(time to eat vitamin and she will wait under the rack where we keep her vitamin), "buddy, buddy" (she will run and get her toy and ask us to play with her) in just less than "12" weeks old. I told my family in Malaysia about this, they said I lied. so I tape (video or shot) her to prove to them. hehehe... I am so proud of her. The only thing that we still don't know how to solve is she will eat up "all" her feces if we do not pick it up right after she has done it. We really hate that. We did ask the doctor for help and he recommended "For-Bid". We tried "For-Bid". It didn't help and make her no appetite to eat. That's why we stoped. And, doctor said the second option is to pick it up faster. I just worry, am I going to do this for the coming 10 - 15 years for her? That will be badFrown. Does anyone has this problem? Any solution for this? She will go to bathroom to do her business on the pad. Of course, she will still have some accident but not quite often. But, how come she has this kind of habit. Further, everytimes when she ate all her feces she will be very scared and hide herself in a corner (she uses to be playful). Since, she is so scared that we will punish her, how come she still want to do this kind of thing... really cannot understand...

latte
Novice

Mar 7, 2005, 7:41 AM

Post #19 of 22 (3655 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jesscin

U have any photo of your Bijou to share?Frown
My Latté

stoberi
Novice

Mar 26, 2005, 7:13 PM

Post #20 of 22 (3607 views)
Shortcut

Cool hello fellow bichon owner. I have a female bichon too. She is 4 + now and still extremely adorable. I agree with u that they r really smart la! My bischon is from nz and i brought her back to msia when i moved back. here's a little pic of her Sly
Attachments: fi-4.JPG (32.5 KB)

jesscin
Novice

Apr 21, 2005, 3:10 PM

Post #21 of 22 (3519 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stoberi] Bichon Frise...from US [In reply to] Can't Post

This is my Bijou (bichon frise)... before we send her for grooming. She is now 19 weeks...
Attachments: B1.jpg (32.2 KB)
  B2.jpg (31.8 KB)
  B3.jpg (30.9 KB)

kok_leong
Novice

Sep 14, 2006, 8:49 PM

Post #22 of 22 (3174 views)
Shortcut

hi, do u have a male bishon? i have a female bishon which is very small....

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my