First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jan 20, 2005, 9:44 PM

Post #1 of 40 (17104 views)
Shortcut
dog friendly hotels in langkawi!! Can't Post

hello dog lovers

found out this 2 place in langkawi that allow our furry friends. the 1st one, the owner also run an animal sanctuary and welcome dogs of all sizes. so more places to travel.

Bon Ton Restaurant & Resort
Pantai Cenang, 07000 Langkawi Malaysia.
Tel +604 955 6787 / 3643
Fax +604 955 4791
Email: info@bontonresort.com.my

**Bonton is quite expensive but u get ur own villa starting price RM390 per night. they also run an animal sanctuary with a total of 45 dogs at the moment.

Pondok Keladi (guesthouse)
Lot 1011, Kampung Padang Putih
Jalan Pantai Tengah
Langkawi
email: pondokeladi@hotmail.com
www: www.emmes.net/pondokkeladi

**cheaper option - only RM80 for 2 person. just 2 days ago, a girl from Canada brought her seeing eye guide dog but they also have ppl bringing their pets.

so pack those bags and start driving there :goodone:

PupLover
Novice

Jan 24, 2005, 4:19 AM

Post #2 of 40 (17055 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] dog friendly hotels in langkawi!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Would like to ask you whether dogs are allowed to be in the ferry, since we have to travel by ferry to the island? and also the Hotel pondok keladi site that you offer, is not an english site!

thanks

faithgirl
Novice

Jan 24, 2005, 5:57 AM

Post #3 of 40 (17051 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PupLover] dog friendly hotels in langkawi!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi
hope you don't mind my butting in - the pokok keladi site is available in English as well - click on top right hand button to select the English Language option. The other question - sorry can't help you. Leave it to someone else who has the answer to do that Frown

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jan 25, 2005, 4:56 PM

Post #4 of 40 (17027 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PupLover] dog friendly hotels in langkawi!! [In reply to] Can't Post

i wouldn;t know about the ferry, but call bonton, and talk to mimi, she will be more than happy to help you on that matter.

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jan 25, 2005, 10:51 PM

Post #5 of 40 (17017 views)
Shortcut
Re: [faithgirl] [PupLover] dog friendly hotels in langkawi!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey all,

i just spoke to Encik Malik from Jabatan Laut Langkawi and he said that u can bring ur dog, but to put in proper crate. the dog will be transfered as cargo with proper ventilation.i have also bring out to him that i want to load my doggie myself.

i have asked him about putting the crate next to my seat but he said it's fine but other passenger may complain to higher authority. so i told him that i can put the crate at cargo and i want to sit with her in cargo. he hesitated and said why? i explain to him how valuable roxy is Sly and comparing roxy with a 2 yrs old. even gave the old man a guilt trip Laugh so he pressed on the well ventilated area in the cargo and told him i will regularly check up. so if u have smaller dog, its possible to place in a box and sit next to you.

bookings have to be made 1 week prior so he can talk with the captain of the boat.

anything u can call jabatan laut langkawi at 04 - 7621206

hope this helps!

faithgirl
Novice

Jan 25, 2005, 11:28 PM

Post #6 of 40 (17013 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] [PupLover] dog friendly hotels in langkawi!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Kelsey
Thanks so much for taking such trouble. If I do go, will call to ask if my ST can travel in a bag. Only her head will be peeking out and I will make sure I will sit away from everyone else if needs be - even on the deck! Dog in crate and still ppl may complain CrazyUnsure Of course it's not En. Malik's fault - just doing his job but for him to bring this point up, he must have encountered such problems before no?
Once again, thanks for sharing so generously and the trouble. Now, I am waiting for reply from penang apartment to see if they will accept dogs - if no reply,will call up. Then will post reply in forum.
Cheers

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jan 26, 2005, 2:57 AM

Post #7 of 40 (17005 views)
Shortcut
Re: [faithgirl] [PupLover] dog friendly hotels in langkawi!! [In reply to] Can't Post

i think u wont have problem with small dog. they are so easy to hide. if ur doggie the quiet type, even easier. remember, u have the option to either sit in the air cond cabin or out at the deck. but small dogs, i dont foresee a problem.

but to transport a 26 weeks old, 19.3kg, very friendly, fond of children, golden retriever, thats an entirely different thing!:) though she is very well trained.

Esther6281
ALPHA

Feb 1, 2005, 9:18 PM

Post #8 of 40 (16962 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] [PupLover] dog friendly hotels in langkawi!! [In reply to] Can't Post

so, did you bring roxy there?? how was the whole process like?

bb is a very well-behaved, quiet little shih tzu puppy, so should be no problem, izzit? am i gonna be charged extra when i bring bb along?

since u know so much, can i ask if you also know about the overseas procedure?? i wanna bring bb to england with me lah... i cannot live with bb and vice versa... Pirate please help me if you know ya!! thanks kelsey!

Love, BB's Mommy

Frown BB Appreciation <<-->> BB ~ My Baby, My Love, My Everything, My Reason For Living Frown

Frown BB Shares Goss-Fest <<-->> BB & Snowy, Sitting under a Tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G ~ Gossip is F-R-E-E Frown

Frown BB Photo Album <<-->> Puppy Love ~ BB Photo Compilation Frown

Frown BB Dedication <<-->> Doggone It! BB @ Dogster! ~ BB Blogs 2!! Frown

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Feb 2, 2005, 4:39 PM

Post #9 of 40 (16954 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Esther6281] [PupLover] dog friendly hotels in langkawi!! [In reply to] Can't Post

i have not done the langkawi thing but we will let u know when we do it. there is no extra charge for the small dog. like i say, u can alway keep in a bag. no one will know lah.

bring bb to england? well....first you need to email british high commission in KL and see what they say. do u need quarantine. the last time a friend of mine studied in Canada and wanted to bring her cat back to malaysia. they have to transit via london and quarantine was like 3 months i think...for dogs i am not too sure. but this was 4 years back.

though ur shih tzu is a small dog, it will not be allowed in the cabin if u want to fly MH. but u have an advantage, find an airline that will let u fly bb in the cabin with u but of course in a proper crate under the seat. you can try JAL. but if no airline allow small animal on cabin, then u need to put her in cargo and she is not going to like it. plus u also have to worry about handler. and most cargo except SQ are not air cond.

also remember, if u have direct flight, then no problem but what if stop somewhere like dubai or something then a quarantine issue again.

but the coming back process in a pain in the butt. the 7 days quarantine in KLIA. r u willing to go to Sepang every day to check on her? i ws also thinking to bring Roxy to Canada but thinking everything that she has to go thru. i suppose she will be happier & safer being boarded.

Esther6281
ALPHA

Feb 2, 2005, 10:24 PM

Post #10 of 40 (16944 views)
Shortcut

sob sob sob

then i am doomed to be stuck in malaysia for all my life lah... damn... i love bb (he's a boi) too too too TOO much to be able to sleep a night without him running round by my face...

why life so mah fan one?? why people can't treat out precious poochies as tiny furry humans?? Pirate

Love, BB's Mommy

Frown BB Appreciation <<-->> BB ~ My Baby, My Love, My Everything, My Reason For Living Frown

Frown BB Shares Goss-Fest <<-->> BB & Snowy, Sitting under a Tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G ~ Gossip is F-R-E-E Frown

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Feb 3, 2005, 5:55 PM

Post #11 of 40 (16934 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Esther6281] [PupLover] dog friendly hotels in langkawi!! [In reply to] Can't Post

well not everyone are pooch friendly / lover.

some people hate dogs ever since they are born so to make a turn around of a few pooch lovers to a permanent hatred is difficult. its not impossible but its going to be hard. so unless u migrate, we are living in a dog rut in malaysia

Esther6281
ALPHA

Feb 3, 2005, 8:55 PM

Post #12 of 40 (16927 views)
Shortcut

yeah lor... it's terrible lah kelsey... faster lah, u become menteri and run for government. then u loosen the system a bit lah... Tongue

migrate also must think about whether i can cope or not ler. i m not that great when it comes to starting over. very tough to leave the things i have built lah... the friendship circle and the family ties probably won't tolerate me if i not in malaysia anymore lor...

anyway, i go makan with my colleague now... bye bye...

ps. when u menteri liao, dun forget to gimme an honorary seat in parliament also! i wanna make pink the official color of malaysia! hahahahaha!

Love, BB's Mommy

samuelsam
K9 Maniac

Feb 3, 2005, 9:57 PM

Post #13 of 40 (16921 views)
Shortcut

Hi~Kelsey

Are you working in travel industry? How do you know a lot of info of thisWink

Keke~i'm will finish my course in Mar05, i will work in the travel industry too

samuelsam
K9 Maniac

Feb 3, 2005, 10:04 PM

Post #14 of 40 (16920 views)
Shortcut

Oh, Esther...i found the website, maybe this can help you too find more info...but not sure can help you at all lah~

http://www.defra.gov.uk/...quarantine/index.htm

The link is for UK gov. ya~and....this phone is for Malaysian Veterinarian Department 03-2540077

Esther6281
ALPHA

Feb 3, 2005, 11:21 PM

Post #15 of 40 (16913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [samuelsam] [PupLover] dog friendly hotels in langkawi!! [In reply to] Can't Post

waaaa... nope. it's not much a help... but i am very grateful go find for me lah... my heart is so touched lah... why u touch my heart?? u wanna molest ppl ar? hahahahahaha!

dun care lah, though u very sweet, u still owe me coffee bean... it's u who need to belanja me... hahahahahahaha!

Love, BB's Mommy

samuelsam
K9 Maniac

Feb 3, 2005, 11:35 PM

Post #16 of 40 (16909 views)
Shortcut

er.....hey...when do i molest ppl ar oh ya...if i hurt you all, must tell me ar...i also new in this forum lah

So...you just can remember what i owe you huh...there are a lot of ppl said that loh...better i escape to Africa lah...Crazy

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Feb 4, 2005, 4:53 PM

Post #17 of 40 (16895 views)
Shortcut
Re: [samuelsam] [PupLover] dog friendly hotels in langkawi!! [In reply to] Can't Post

samuel,

no i dont work in the travel industrySly i just happen to read a lot about bringing my dog overseas for holidays. also i am thinking of the pros and cons and how feasible for me to travel with my dog around places. if u go to those rural area maybe no problem ie going hiking and such. but if u want to go to say london and go shopping, then u will have problems.

when i mentioned i wanted to bring my dog to Canada. i was planning for a rural area trip. i wanted to go to newfoundland, let my dog run in the huge fields. there is nothing much in newfoundland except good trekking places. plus i wanted to bring my dog to gros morne national park where they allow dogs but cannot kill stuff. and lastly we are taking the ferry to labrador. but when i come to think that after coming back from canada, she has to sit in KLIA for 7 days, i give up. i dont want her there.

good luck on the course!:)

Esther6281
ALPHA

Feb 4, 2005, 10:02 PM

Post #18 of 40 (16887 views)
Shortcut

hahahahahahahaha! no use lor... u run to zambia also i think ppl (namely me and stan) will come chase u and make u belanja us!

u owe many people coffee bean hor?? sure u get corporate rate for all the 500 ice blended you owe all puppy.com members. hahahahahahaha!

Love, BB's Mommy

samuelsam
K9 Maniac

Feb 5, 2005, 12:43 AM

Post #19 of 40 (16877 views)
Shortcut

ooooicic~i tot you working in travel industry

The 7 days just a min stay leh~if those ppl something wrong...doggies need to stay max 6m

samuelsam
K9 Maniac

Feb 5, 2005, 12:49 AM

Post #20 of 40 (16876 views)
Shortcut

don't "big(in cantones)" me ar~i jump from KLCC give you see 1 ar~~~~~

Em....corporate rate for 500 ice blended huh....i think that was not enough leh~puppy.com have almost 9000something members.......i better buy all the coffee bean share then i will be a boss...no matter you drink how many cup lah~~~

MisterStan
Doggyman

Feb 5, 2005, 2:18 AM

Post #21 of 40 (16873 views)
Shortcut

i got a good suggestion here.. you go open a coffee bean branch lah.. then me, esther and c.mouse can go to your place drink everyday... ahahaha.. esther and c.mouse, correct ar?

samuelsam
K9 Maniac

Feb 5, 2005, 3:23 AM

Post #22 of 40 (16870 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] [PupLover] dog friendly hotels in langkawi!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Em....coffee bean branch huh...not easy to have it la and i don't have any money now

HEHE~i knew that tour leader is easy to earn money...maybe somedays....we can dream come true... if i can open 1 ar.....no coffee bean branch loh...better have another name and allow pet too oh...onte more thing...that's......there will sell stanley-nugget too~~~~akkakaka

MisterStan
Doggyman

Feb 5, 2005, 3:30 AM

Post #23 of 40 (16868 views)
Shortcut

ahhh... then in future, you make sure open one.... and don't sell stanley nugget.. sell nicky's nugget...

Esther6281
ALPHA

Feb 16, 2005, 6:36 PM

Post #24 of 40 (16815 views)
Shortcut

Hahahahahaha! U buy the shares liao ar? Now with angpow money, maybe you can buy one chair in Coffee Bean lah... Hahahaha! Start with one chair and with the other CNY angpow, then you slowly upgrade to buying tables and by the time you are 5Million years old (like dinosaurs), maybe you can buy ONE outlet lah! Hahahahaha!

To franchise one coffee bean is close to a million lah! My Dad did the loan for one particular branch and he told me that's why CB charge so expensive for the coffee. Hahahahahaha!

Nevermind lor, if you cannot buy an outlet, why dun u buy Stan, C.mouse, Lean and me ONE CB Ice Blended each with your angpow money? If I fetch u, u can also pay my petrol and toll with your angpow money. Aircond, if switch on for u, additional charge. Hahahahahahahaha!

Love, BB's Mommy

samuelsam
K9 Maniac

Feb 16, 2005, 6:48 PM

Post #25 of 40 (16811 views)
Shortcut

1m 1 outlet huh....quite expensive leh...open mamak betterCrazy tiap tiap hari pelanja roti canai also can lah

PiratePiratePirate is it come out from human heart?

all also money

i'm very poor meh~no work no money, no money no pelanja

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my