IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
Sushi's nightmare in grooming!!

ruby_sushi

Jan 20, 2005, 6:37 AM

Post #1 of 25 (5365 views)
Shortcut
Sushi's nightmare in grooming!! Can't Post

Last Saturday I sent my Sushi for grooming at a pet accessory shop in PJ.

I made the appointment and walk in on time…after sending her into the grooming room…I waited outside. Sushi started barking coz not get used to the new place or perhaps the new groomer. Suddenly I heard the groomer shouted at Sushi [SHUT UP!]

I was quite shock at that time coz I have send Sushi to a few places for grooming before and I never heard a groomer actually shouted at dogs. I was unhappy and the owner of the shop tried to explain to me that his son [the owner] need to do that coz want the dog to be more obedient especially during grooming coz to prevent getting hurts or cuts. I was not so satisfied with his answer but remain silent coz the grooming already started. I remain in the shop for the rest of time once in a while heard the groomer shouted [DON’T MOVED!] I told myself to be cool down.

Half way grooming…the groomer walked out of the grooming room and had his lunch. I was quite worry coz Sushi is alone inside…on the grooming table and with the leash on her neck…I wonder what if she suddenly falls from the table and nobody is there coz the door of the grooming room is closed.

An owner of a MS went into the room to pick up her MS. Sushi kept on barking…groomer kept on eating his lunch….I really tak boleh tahan so I walked into the room until the groomer finished his lunch and came back.

After that I waited outside. Another 1 ½ hour later he walked out and said Sushi is done. The grooming is actually not bad but careless me never check on her coz her previous grooming never give us problem.

I bring Sushi had dinner with my friend and went back in the evening. At night when I’m trying to dry clean her~ that’s what I usually do before I put her on my bed..I founds wounds and cuts beside her both ear. I was so SHOCK and ANGRY!

I really don’t know what to do. Two days later the wounds getting more obvious and serious. I try to call the shop yesterday but no one anwer. Today still no one answer…so I call to the shopping mall and look for the owner number…luckly they gave me the owner’s H/P number.. I called him and told him about this..he did said SORRY to me but giving me all sorts of excuses…

First he said his son [ the groomer] might not aware of it…what is it means? Careless? The wounds is so obvious under the ears…how could u said he didn’t notice?

Then he told me his son might be stressed out and tired. So? Is it my problem? If too stress and tired then should have tell me to come another day?

Then he told me might be due to the attitude problem. …..I can see on that day too…bad tempered

Even if he did not hurt my dog…he should have told me about the wounds…what is the reasons for hiding? What do u think?

If he would have told me saying it was an accident or something on the spot, I think its not too bad coz at least he tried to be frank…..

According to the owner it is “ONLY” the second case there…so I consider unlucky ..Sushi is ONLY the second victims there.

The funniest thing is I saw an article about this groomer in the newspaper last time interviewed him…he mentioned in there said that be a groomer must be full of patient and loves …most importantly. But look at my case…what is this? A dog sent into the room less than 5 minutes and started shouting at her? I always thought a groomer should begins with communicating with the dog…playing with them before starts to groom them..that’s what my previous groomer did..but too bad his appointment is too full so I tot of trying some one else.

The shop owner said what he can do now is to bear the medical fees for my Sushi…..but who cares about the RM30 – RM50? To be frank….I’ve spent over RM500 that day in his shop for Sushi’s bag…clothing and grooming…u think I called u becoz wanna claim the medical fees?

Some friends asked me to put this in the forum let every dogs lovers aware of this shop…but I have no heart to put up the name of the Pet Shop…but a warning for all of u that often send dogs for grooming… dun left the dogs there alone …watch out how the groomer do the grooming. If u encounter that groomer shouted at ur dogs…walk away with ur dog…I regretted for not bringing Sushi away that day.

With attachments are my Sushi’s photo…sure u can see the wounds and cuts.

Ruby n Sushi
Dogs Lover

ruby_sushi

Jan 20, 2005, 6:39 AM

Post #2 of 25 (5362 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ruby_sushi] Sushi's nightmare in grooming!! [In reply to] Can't Post

another pics
Dogs Lover
Attachments: cut003.JPG (32.0 KB)
  cut004.JPG (29.6 KB)
  cut005.JPG (31.8 KB)
  cut006.JPG (44.3 KB)

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jan 20, 2005, 8:06 AM

Post #3 of 25 (5348 views)
Shortcut

poor sushi... hope she recover asap...

cordy

Jan 20, 2005, 8:19 AM

Post #4 of 25 (5347 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Sushi's nightmare in grooming!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Gosh! I would be mad too if that happens to my DeeDee! Grrrrrrrrrr Mad

~Cordy~

JolinG
Doggyman

Jan 20, 2005, 12:25 PM

Post #5 of 25 (5338 views)
Shortcut

wah!!!! MadMadMad

quite SERIOUS LEh they wound

wtf!...wat kinda groomer is that?...aiyohhhhhh terrible lar

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jan 20, 2005, 5:11 PM

Post #6 of 25 (5335 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ruby,

From what you have describe I know instantly who and which exactly is the shop that you are saying. Its the one in Atria right ?

I have many problems encounter with the particular groomer too. I think he really got an attitude problem BIG time. I went there a few times purchasing stuff and his father was not around at the cashier counter. This guy cudn't even be bother answer to some of my questions when I ask him. He just walked off !!! Mad and there is few times I was waiting at the cashier counter to pay for some of my purchases, he didnt even bother ... he just let me wait for him for abt 30 minutes. After that, seeing that he wasn't interested in my business... I just walked off as I was fuming mad and cudn't be bother anymore.

Nowdays I only go in when his father is around or else I know I will not be entertain and I do not buy my stuff there as much as I used to ... kinda puts me off seeing that his son is not even interested to take my money.

Another thing, there is another forum member who have encounter worst treatment from them during one of their organise 'competition/show' last year .... witness by a few forum members also as they was there together with her.

Poor sushi.... the cuts is really really bad ! how cud they hurt sushi til like that ? its a BIG wounds too for goodness sake !

cheers,
minglmy

ruby_sushi

Jan 20, 2005, 5:32 PM

Post #7 of 25 (5329 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Sushi's nightmare in grooming!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi..minglmy. I don't mean to put up the shop name in the forum, coz the owner is a good man...I only have prob and complaint towards the groomer there...but smart ppl like u can tell from reading my post.

I don't know much about the groomer but I have read some articles in the newspaper and from their website before...that's why I sent my Sushi there.

Although Sushi n I only joined the JT for twice but I'm sure u all can see how deep is my love for Sushi...I'm so sad and down this few days..same go for Sushi. I'm going to bring her to the vet later.

It's a really bad experienced there....I don't trust other groomers anymore....except her previous groomer - Ivan.

I don't know what to say anymore....for those who can read in chinese..u can goto

http://chinese.cari.com.my/...umdisplay.php?fid=25

there are some new updating pictures of Sushi

Thanks you.

Ruby n Sushi
Dogs Lover

May
Old Hand

Jan 20, 2005, 5:35 PM

Post #8 of 25 (5327 views)
Shortcut

Hi...

Sushi's wound looks real bad....pity her . I know which shop you r talking about. I sent my dog for grooming at this place before and not really satisfied with the job done . Imagine a Shih Tzu mix (she looks like st) with a cocker spaniel cut Mad. I was in the room with my dog and looked at how the groomer get his job done. Even I was there, the groomer was pulling at my dog's hair so hard that she yelped a few times Mad. He was saying my dog hair matted and need to pull out. But I thought a groomer should tried to untangled the matted hair with its fingers and not by pulling or tugging until the dog yelped in pain MadMad. I tried his service after reading the articles in the newspaper. Guess we can't always never trust what written in the newspaper Frown.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jan 20, 2005, 7:10 PM

Post #9 of 25 (5312 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ruby,

If the owner is a such good man he will not and should not have let his SON of all people handle the dog like that ? To me, that's not much of a good man there. By saying he is willing to pay for the vet's bills he is saying "yes, they are guilty of the cuts suffered by sushi"

Yes, the owner is nice - very nice infact BUT that does not cloud the facts that his son is torturing the poor doggies that is entrusted to their care during grooming. This is not right at all. To say they love awana so so so much and etc.... but they cannot say the same towards sushi.

This is one petshop that I wud not spend my money on even if I have nowhere else to buy my things as they do not deserve the profit they are taking by mistreating dogs like that.

cheers,
minglmy

ruby_sushi

Jan 20, 2005, 8:08 PM

Post #10 of 25 (5295 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Sushi's nightmare in grooming!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi minglmy...this morning I brought Sushi to the vet and bought a collar for her...to prevent from

scratching the wounds. I feel speechless right now...looking at my poor Sushi ....The only thing I'm

concerning right now is to help her recovered A.S.A.P.

I'm bringing her for vacation to PD tomorrow till Sunday....will spend more time with her so she doesn't need to put on the collar at all time...but today..yes..I have to put her on collar coz I need to go to work till night time. I ask my maid to take care of her and play with her more often while I'm away so she doesn't feel that bad.

Here are some pictures of Sushi...

Again,,thanks for all of you that gave me advises and support.

Ruby n Sushi

Dogs Lover
Attachments: sushi2005101.JPG (34.0 KB)
  sushi2005102.JPG (36.6 KB)
  sushi2005103.JPG (35.4 KB)
  sushi2005104.JPG (27.0 KB)

HLYap
Dog Kichi

Jan 20, 2005, 9:05 PM

Post #11 of 25 (5286 views)
Shortcut

Poor Sushi! Totally sympathize with how you feel, Ruby. Must applaud your control, considering - I would've totally freaked out if it'd happened to my lil mutt!! Tongue

Whilst my last experience with the shop owner has been less than pleasant (I complained about the way a part of the show held by them was run and he was rude to me, so I decided that he didn't value my custom and never returned), I must admit that I have never sent my dog for grooming with them so am not in a position to comment on the general grooming service there. Methinks, however, that when choosing a groomer (as well as a vet), one should take particular note of how not only the head groomer / vet treats animals, but also their employees' attitudes towards animals, as, realistically, they are likely to be the ones handling / taking care of your pet. If and when I send Sascha for her doggy pedicure or grooming (very rarely - not enuf hair, mah), I am actually with her when it is taking place, no matter what the groomer may say (e.g. dog will disbehave becoz' I am there, etc). Then I can at least see what's going on and try to allay her fear / displeasure!

Re newspapers, I never really 100% believe what they say - people tend to be on their best behaviour when being interviewed, what. Tongue Anyhow, if you should want to take your dog to another groomer the next time your regular guy isn't free, I'd recommend that you try the Pet Salon at the Jln Tun Razak Animal Medical Centre (see Carolyn Loh-Cohen - she was trained and qualified in the US). Again, my sympathies and commiserations, and I hope Sushi gets well soon!

Regards,
YHL

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jan 20, 2005, 9:15 PM

Post #12 of 25 (5283 views)
Shortcut

Hi Ruby,

So poor thing with the e-collar ! so look so sad lar ... but think of it this way lor, using the collar will help with the faster recovery. The less she scratch her wounds the better it will be for her.

At least taking her for a holiday in PD will help her to de-stress so hopefully everything will be back to normal soon. Oh ya, just to let you know so that you feel better. Some dogs tends to have short memory so I hope she will forget the bad experience soon and will have no fear of going for grooming next time.

cheers,
minglmy

wernnee
K9 Maniac

Jan 20, 2005, 11:53 PM

Post #13 of 25 (5265 views)
Shortcut

Hello...

Grooming huh? I groom my pugs at a pet shop in Taman Desa. And my friends groom their Shnautzer and Shih Tzus there too.. SO far no problem at all and they are actually professional...

Maybe u wanna try them out. Just thought of sharing some good deals with ya...
Good Luck
Cheers,
Wern Nee, Piggy Puggy and Spooky Spiky

jadeng
Enthusiast

Jan 21, 2005, 12:27 AM

Post #14 of 25 (5249 views)
Shortcut

my god!!!! how come they can do this! n act like nothing face

so bad!!!!

oh my dear, sushi look so poor...i think is very pain....poor... hope she get well soon~

joyie

Jan 21, 2005, 1:08 AM

Post #15 of 25 (5239 views)
Shortcut

hi ruby...

sry for wad happened to sushi! actually i juz found out bout this shop... was kinda excited and wanna go there but now... Frown one thing i know i wont send my dog for grooming there...Frown

hope sushi recover soon! and the PD trip will cherr her up!

SmileSmileSmile
joyie@tomFrown

ladee_m
Doggyman

Jan 21, 2005, 6:40 AM

Post #16 of 25 (5224 views)
Shortcut

Hi Smile

My GOSH Shocked!!!... the wounds shown here looks even worst than what I tot it was... the ones U showed b4 me was not so clear... this is a clear shot & I am completely shock at the sight!!! darn Mad!!! I'll wack up the groomer big time if that was what happened to my Ladee or RuYI... jezzz!!! what is the matter with th fella?... i think he is mental... sot edi... carzy ler... Crazy poor poor poor Sushi... dunggu PetDevil ler that place!!!... how can he do that to Sushi... she is such a nice girl... I saw her once & tot her to be very good... that is why I say she is an angel coz so pure white & so very good...

Hope she recovers fast & forget about all this... is she still having nightmares??? what a horrible experience for her... Unsure

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

my_dawg_daisy
K9 Maniac

Jan 21, 2005, 9:46 AM

Post #17 of 25 (5212 views)
Shortcut

Wah..its a very bad cut...Pirate..sorry to hear wht happen to sushi.I hope she will recover soon.If u dont mind going a small shop but very professional and extremely Warm owner...try pet buddy in tmn megah..the row directly behind fatty crab..the shop is above klinik chin..

~Eve~ Proud owner of 2 Cheeky & Bubbly Furbabies:- Daisy (Dashie) & Meeko (MS)

Eve's Lil' Cerita Place

ruby_sushi

Jan 27, 2005, 7:01 AM

Post #18 of 25 (5143 views)
Shortcut
Re: [my_dawg_daisy] Sushi's nightmare in grooming!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you to all of you...thanks for ur concern....Sushi is much more better now...We went to PD last Friday till Sunday...she was so happy there...I think like Minglym said..she has short memory...Tongue I' ll never send to other groomer at this moment..coz still a nightmare for me...since I don't have that kind of short memory like Sushi...I will try to groom her by myself in the future. Lucky me have a [shi fu] here ~ Mary Anne...I will get the clipper and learn from her..

With attachment are Sushi pictures taken at PD...Thanks again for all your supports and advises..

Ruby n Sushi
Dogs Lover
Attachments: 01201.JPG (54.0 KB)
  pd002.JPG (23.0 KB)
  pd0001.JPG (29.2 KB)
  pd0023.JPG (28.6 KB)

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Jan 28, 2005, 4:55 AM

Post #19 of 25 (5127 views)
Shortcut

Happy happy she forgotten everything liao lor.... good for her that way. FrownFrown FrownFrown

cheers,
minglmy

my_dawg_daisy
K9 Maniac

Jan 28, 2005, 10:08 AM

Post #20 of 25 (5114 views)
Shortcut

Ahh..paradise for sushi eh?good to hear she's better now..Tongue wonder is my dashie can swim..

~Eve~ Proud owner of 2 Cheeky & Bubbly Furbabies:- Daisy (Dashie) & Meeko (MS)

Eve's Lil' Cerita Place

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Feb 6, 2005, 10:53 PM

Post #21 of 25 (4949 views)
Shortcut

hi ruby,

oh god i feel the pain when i see sushi's wound.. i wouldnt have known it if audrey did not tell me.. hows she doing now? getting better i hope.. she must ave been terrified... well with your love i guess she'll heal in no time..

how did she get tht cut?? did she had mats?? cos i just ciouldnt figured out how she got it when her face isnt shaven ....well whtever it is im sure sushi will enjoy her new year with you and with all the fuss everyone is giving her, she'll be back to her normal self very soon...

poor sushi has to go through all these.. she's one good little dog and happy little fella that i dont think she deserved this..

take care and hug hug sushi for me...

gong xi fa cai
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

ruby_sushi

Feb 8, 2005, 9:56 AM

Post #22 of 25 (4914 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] Sushi's nightmare in grooming!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Ivan, Sushi is fully recovered now. I also don't know how she got hurt from the grooming...her fur was not matted like I sent to you that time...U did a good job last time to unmatted her. I think the attitude of the groomer is very wrong. The only thing I'm angry with him is he is trying to hide from me for not telling me the truth. Anyway is over now...The owner of the shop told me they can bear her vet fees but I never returned and get it from them....I don't even want to goto their shop anymore....very bad and sad experienced ...sigh..

I will be extra careful when I send Sushi for grooming in the future. I know Sushi dislike the groomer too...I can tell from her expression...she looked so depressed after that incident. But now she is ok...especially after the PD TRIP..lol

I bought 4 kimono dress frm MY for Sushi...she looks so pretty and adorable..

So far I sent Sushi for grooming I can say u are the best person to her....lol....too bad u are not in IKANO anymore...

Btw..today [8/2] is Sushi's 1 year old Birthday..she will wear the pink kimono today..her birthday suit.

Happy Chinese New Year!

Ruby n Sushi
Dogs Lover
Attachments: cny2005004.JPG (71.1 KB)

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Mar 4, 2005, 8:28 PM

Post #23 of 25 (4730 views)
Shortcut

hey ruby,

hows sushi doing?? guess she should be almost recovered from the trauma..hows your cny???
when r u guys coming back to join the JT??
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

SarahCAnna
New User

Aug 12, 2005, 2:56 PM

Post #24 of 25 (4337 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] Sushi's nightmare in grooming!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Poor Sushi! That's horrible. I hope this doesn't traumatize her like it did with my dogs. Frown I took my shih tzu and my maltese/poodle mix to the Groomers on Saturday and I'm not happy with the results. My maltese/poodle mix came home with cuts (not as deep or long as Sushi's.) all over her body. All around her ears, on her belly, tail and arms. They don't bother her, thankfully. My Shih Tzu, however, has been traumatised. He's terrified! He's hiding in the office, won't listen or obey us, he runs around crying and scratching.. The man who was grooming them didn't look like a nice man.

It's sad that these people don't enjoy their jobs. They shouldn't work there if they don't enjoy it. It's hazardous to our pets.

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

Aug 14, 2005, 6:48 AM

Post #25 of 25 (4309 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SarahCAnna] Sushi's nightmare in grooming!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hey sarah..

well can understand how u feel... i feel the pain also whenever accidents happen during grooming..sometimes just cant help it when the dog is naughty but there's no reason for a groomer to hurt a dog just because he's tired or not in a good mood.. but thank lord so far i have only accidentally hurt 2 doggies in my 3 yrs career.. and im extra careful after tht.. thts why good groomers are hard to find ... dont go for cheap grooming but quality as i alwiz tell ppl... if its cheap and good then of cos its good..

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my