A Doggy Dream Vacation

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

hcyeap

Mar 8, 2003, 11:05 AM

Post #1 of 162 (9444 views)
Shortcut
     A Doggy Dream Vacation  

Hi gang,

how many of us dream that we could one day be able to take our furkids out on a real vacation with us without having to hide and be fearful or sneaky...

well, check out the photos below:

Swiss Garden Damai Laut, Lumut is a 400 acres resort surrounded by green hills, adventurous jungle treks, wide open space, beach... nuff'said, check it out yourself at www.swissgarden.com/Hotel/HTML/SGRDL/sgrdl%20Index.htm

Possible? Well they are already asking us for a set of Dog-Friendly guidelines, how many apartments ( studio, 1-3 bedroom, or bangalows ) we will be requiring, and other requirement which we may be needing for their considerations...

Arthur will be posting up some of the guidelines which are used in other countries by dog-friendly establishments. We will probably have to 1) "malaysianise " it further; and 2) agree to abide by it before we submit it for Swiss Garden International ( SGI )'s final approval. This will be the deciding document which will matter most.

Tentatively, the dates I am proposing is during mid May. 3 days, 2 nights stay - in on the 14th ( Muhammad's birthday ), 15th ( Wesak Day ), and out on Friday ( we'd have to apply for leave ) return home for a good Saturday and Sunday rest, before going back to work on Monday.

Prices : will very much depend on our room requirements as a group.

This page will definately not be long enough, should I go on any further. Success is very much depended on our strength in numbers and much work is required by all to make it happen.

Are we interested? or shall we let it remain a dream?

hcyeap - daddy to Pepperboy Schnauzer

(This post was edited by hcyeap on Mar 8, 2003, 11:40 AM)

jasonlyh
Enthusiast

Mar 8, 2003, 4:50 PM

Post #2 of 162 (9414 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [hcyeap] A Doggy Dream Vacation [In reply to]  

Hi hcyeap, this sounds really exciting. Just can't believe this is happening!! I'm sure a lot of the members would jump into this dream holiday with their furkids. Count me in for sure!! Lets make this dream a reality.

fxueyu
Dog Kichi

Mar 8, 2003, 5:08 PM

Post #3 of 162 (9412 views)
Shortcut

Hi there,

I cant believe it, is it real, my dream come true?
then I have to plan for our leave. Counts us in

cdmoo
ALPHA

Mar 8, 2003, 6:05 PM

Post #4 of 162 (9409 views)
Shortcut

hi HCYeap,
Thks. for your effort.. Smile

Count me in!
Smile
regards,

CD Moo

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 8, 2003, 6:24 PM

Post #5 of 162 (9406 views)
Shortcut

would love to join you guys... must convince my hubby first though Tongue
so would our doggies sleep in our bedrooms? would that be allowed? Also, during the day, what would be the activities (which include our doggies)?

Khoobg
Webmaster

Mar 8, 2003, 7:04 PM

Post #6 of 162 (9403 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [luckey] A Doggy Dream Vacation [In reply to]  

Hi Jenn,

Arthur is currently drawing up a preliminary guidelines (a very difficult job) for the resort stay and he is likely to post it up soon. We can organise many activities such as BBQ or Jungle treking during day time. Before final schedule is fixed, we welcome more proposal from members who are interested to post their comments here.

Let everyone make this dream come thru. How well we are able to meet the strict guideline will determine our chances to convince other resorts in the country to allow us similar stay in the future.

Cheers

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

arthur
ALPHA

Mar 8, 2003, 7:52 PM

Post #7 of 162 (9399 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [Khoobg] A Doggy Dream Vacation [In reply to]  

Hi ALL!

Is this a great forum or what? SmileSmile

Thks to HC Yeap for initiating and sharing a great vacation oppurtunity for us. Since this is sort of a firsts for both parties concerned (ie. us and the hotel management) let's set some ground rules so that this would be a happy occasion and hopefully open doors for other vacation spots locally.

I have searched the net for some info on hotel etiquette for doggies..and hv complied a set of guidelines to follow. Please read it thru and send me your feedback. Once finalised, this would be the ground rules for us to follow while on our vaction at the Damai Laut Resort.

Here goes:

Hotel Etiquette for dogs

Essential Do's
  • Travel with a well-behaved dog that is friendly to people especially children and other doggies.
  • Please keep your dog leashed at all times especially when outside or traveling. This is to protect both the dog and people that are afraid of dogs. Moreover even people with leashed dogs will greatly appreciate it.
  • Avoid leaving your dog alone in the hotel room. Some dogs, no matter how well-trained, can cause damage, bark continuously or scare the housekeepers. However, if you must leave the dog in the hotel, leave him crated. Leave your mobile phone # or a number where you can be reached with the front desk while you're out.
  • While you are in the room with your dog, place the Do Not Disturb sign on the door or keep the door latch on. This will avoid scaring visitors and prevent the doggies from running out accidentally when the doors are open.
  • When your dog needs to go to the bathroom, take him or her outside. Look for some grass or bushes nearby. (We will request the hotel to have a designated pet walk/toilet area) For those who paper-trained their doggies, please do it in the bathrooms or a non-carpeted area.
  • Pick up after your dog (and anyone else's) outside.. Folks, this aspect we have to be merciless. Absolutely no pooh-poohs to be left behind. Remember, first impressions are vital.

Highly recommended Dos
  • Carry your own cleaning solutions to clean up any accidents, and don't use hotel towels. Travel with your own paper towels.
  • Take a sheet from home and put it over the bedspread if your dog is on the bed.
  • Place the Food & Water Dishes in the Bathroom. This makes it easier to clean up, in case of spillages.
  • Keep your Pets OFF the Furniture or bring a Sheet to cover that chair your doggie must sit in.

Don’ts
  • Don't groom or bathe your dog in your room. To wash off the sand and seawater, use the designated outside facilities.
  • Don't take the doggies to high traffic areas like lobbies, swimming pools, eateries. We have to respect the local customs. (The apartments would be fully equipped so we can do a cook in, or else we can arrange for the hotel to bring the food in for us at a designated area if we wish to eat with our doggies by our side)

Rdgs Arthur

(This post was edited by arthur on Mar 8, 2003, 8:18 PM)

ginl
ALPHA

Mar 8, 2003, 8:11 PM

Post #8 of 162 (9396 views)
Shortcut

Hi Hcyeap,

Thank you so much for the help and proposal, you're making a lot of doggie owners dream come true to vacation with their dogs!

Arthur, the list sounds good, i'm sure there will not be a problem for us to follow it....count us in for sure! Cool

arthur
ALPHA

Mar 8, 2003, 9:42 PM

Post #9 of 162 (9391 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [ginl] A Doggy Dream Vacation [In reply to]  

Hi Gina and gang,

Yup..3 cheers for HC Yeap for making this possible..

Now that the guidelines part is posted up awaiting feedback, it's time to see what activities we can line up for both the furkids and owners..

KhooBG has mentioned jungle trekking. We can add more outdoor activities like swimming, fishing, frisbee etc. Nightime we can plan for a BBQ and campfire under the stars! If there's a full moon maybe we can even hear a beagle singSmile! (Snuffy is my favourite singer!)

We can also do some simple competition like fancy dress (Hawaiian theme what else!), fastest recall, longest recall, fastest eating duo, best trick, etc..

Just in case it rains on our parade, we should also plan for some indoor activities provided there is a facility on site to shelter us from the rain. This we have to check wz HC Yeap. And being the paranoid guy, we should pack an emergency first aid kit together with the contact and location of the nearest vet..bearing in mind it's a public holiday and jelly fish stings could happen. The Penang folks experiences would be helpful here.

Rdgs

Arthur

Khoobg
Webmaster

Mar 9, 2003, 5:48 PM

Post #10 of 162 (9367 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [arthur] A Doggy Dream Vacation [In reply to]  

Preliminary list of ppl interested
  • HC Yeap & Mrs
  • Arthur & Sharon
  • Gina & James
  • Fxueyu & Hubby
  • Jasonlyh & Mrs
  • CD Moo & Mrs
  • Khoo BG & Mrs
  • Jennifer & Chris

Cheers

kaerb

Mar 9, 2003, 7:53 PM

Post #11 of 162 (9364 views)
Shortcut

Me n bf also interested..the thing is that our hometown is kinda near Damai Laut ie Sitiawan..so we were thinking, if it is not too troublesome, could we still come to your outing but stay at our parents' hse? We would really wanna pay for extra expenses if that's what you guys decide. I mean, like not nice like that lar, if you guys are all paying for everthing, n we just come enjoy ourselves with the activities you guys planned.
Anyway...I'll see what other members have to say lar...but we really want to come. Thank you...perhaps we could even show you one great ex mining pool, which is actually deserted and is a great spot for our dogs to swim and play in.

boon
Doggyman

Mar 9, 2003, 11:45 PM

Post #12 of 162 (9359 views)
Shortcut

Hi my young friend.

Count me in and my monkey as well.

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

cyphang
Canine Addict

Mar 10, 2003, 6:26 AM

Post #13 of 162 (9343 views)
Shortcut

SOunds like a great idea to me. Sitiawan is just 45 mins drive away from my hometown, so can balik kampung after that hehe...

COunt me in for the time being. Mid May is semester break for me so tentatively I should be available at that time.
With warm regards,
CY Phang

Mummy of Sunnie, the happy, cheeky and naughty female shih tzu pup

Khoobg
Webmaster

Mar 10, 2003, 7:22 AM

Post #14 of 162 (9339 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [cyphang] A Doggy Dream Vacation [In reply to]  

Updated List
  • HC Yeap & Mrs
  • Arthur & Sharon
  • Gina & James
  • Fxueyu & Hubby
  • Jasonlyh & Mrs
  • CD Moo & Mrs
  • Khoo BG & Mrs
  • Jennifer & Chris
  • Cy Phang
  • Sook Fern (KawChai) & Chuah
  • Boon
  • KBS & Friend

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Mar 10, 2003, 6:09 PM)

kbs
Enthusiast

Mar 10, 2003, 8:26 AM

Post #15 of 162 (9332 views)
Shortcut

Hi Hcyeap,

First of all, thanks for taking such an effort for the initiation. It definitely a dream come true for most of the doggy lovers in Malaysia. Do count me, gurl & my two furkids in.

Regards,
KBS

hcyeap

Mar 10, 2003, 5:41 PM

Post #16 of 162 (9317 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jenn,

of course, that's the whole idea. Obviously if your hubby is not too keen about sleeping your kiddies sleeping in the same room, you could opt for the 1-bedroom apartment and keep your kiddies in the living room section.

As for activities, I guess that it will be up to us to come up with it ourselves. I'd love to see Luckey show off her agility skills there.

hcyeap

hcyeap

Mar 10, 2003, 5:54 PM

Post #17 of 162 (9313 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [kaerb] A Doggy Dream Vacation [In reply to]  

Dear Kaerb,

an excusion to the mining pool spot sounds challenging.. perhaps we could do a detour there for a picnic if all the members are in agreement.

I also have family closeby ( ie. Sitiawan and Ayer Tawar ). I will be contacting them to open their huge compounds to us if we need a break during our trip. They too are doggie lovers like us.

I do not believe that there will be a problem should you not plan to stay at Damai Laut - and come for the activities. I am sure that other members would have no problem to open the apartments to you and your furkids during your visit there.

hcyeap

Mar 10, 2003, 6:21 PM

Post #18 of 162 (9308 views)
Shortcut
     Re: [arthur] A Doggy Dream Vacation [In reply to]  

Dear Arthur,

wow, that was fast... I believe you may have completed 80% of the list already.

Having gone through the list, I'd think that we do not really need to describe what our doggies are going to do in the room once they are with us. What they don't see, they won't know...

eg. "Take a sheet from home and put it over the bedspread if your dog is on the bed." - is something which I do not think the Management or the Housekeeping department is going to appreciate.

I believe, we should maybe put that they are restricted to their crates while in the rooms with us; and while we may just do the opposite, we should practise the bedspread concept ourselves to avoid any undesirable accidents which could cost us the bad reputation as well as replacement cost.

I'll be back in PJ tomorrow and work on it with you some more during our leisure.

lulugurl
ALPHA

Mar 10, 2003, 8:42 PM

Post #19 of 162 (9300 views)
Shortcut

Hie Yeap,

I think i will join you all if i can cause May will be my college intakeCrazy I'll have to settle down there first. And also i will have to consider the cost for by that time i will not be working anymore.Smile Thanks for making our dream come true........
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 11, 2003, 3:56 AM

Post #20 of 162 (9283 views)
Shortcut

oooh i think luckey would have the time of her life!

oh my hubby won't mind the sleeping in the same room as our furkids... as long as brinkley sleeps with him too... but he's not much of a doggy proented person when it comes to his holidays and weekends... convincing him to go along to the shows etc with me is a big enough task!

but i will def work on this one, it sounds like great fun!!!!

hcyeap

Mar 11, 2003, 8:05 AM

Post #21 of 162 (9267 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jennifer,

your hubby sounds a little like Pepperboy's mummy. She won't be joining me as she's off to Shanghai for shopping during that 5 day stretch...

good luck on convincing your hubby....!

hcyeap - daddy to Pepperboy Schnauzer

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 11, 2003, 8:28 AM

Post #22 of 162 (9262 views)
Shortcut

am trying right now Wink hehe

btw, how far a drive is this resort from KL? (Bangsar)

hcyeap

Mar 11, 2003, 9:13 AM

Post #23 of 162 (9260 views)
Shortcut

About 3 hours by road....hope your furkiddies don't get easily car-sick

We will probably arrange lots of breaks along the journey... ( after all, it is our vacation )

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 11, 2003, 4:40 PM

Post #24 of 162 (9255 views)
Shortcut

oh ok... thats not so bad... thought it was closer to 6 hours...

so once we get there, no taking of ferry? Can we park our car at the resort?

wkser
ALPHA

Mar 11, 2003, 6:26 PM

Post #25 of 162 (9244 views)
Shortcut

hi yeap,

count me and my notti boy in .....Wink

regards
kangser and nous

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my