Home: General: Chit Chat:
anyone can ease my worry and pain

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jan 18, 2005, 4:31 AM

Post #1 of 23 (1001 views)
Shortcut
anyone can ease my worry and pain Can't Post

I was my mistake to sent my dog to spay or was it just fate?? I am crying as i writing this journal, it never happen before and i hope this will be the last one...
I send my dog to spay last wed and she come back this sunday..everything was fine, her wound was healing nicely. It was just perfect. Then what goes wrong??
This morning was a nightmare for me...i still cant believe what happen.
My dog was fine this morning until at 9.45 am, i heard my mum scream, her wound is open up because she was bitting it and her intestines come out. It was a nightmare. It happen in a split of second. I straight away send her to the hospital and hope there is a chance for her. I was not even thinking during the whole incident.
At exactly 4.30 pm after about 6 hours, i went to the vet to ask on her condition, i was prepare for the worst. The vet doctor said that her intestines is only 30 percent in length. What happen to the rest? I dont know and i dont have the answer at all.
The problem and the thing we all worry now is will the newly join intestines work perfectly as natural one. Will it take the food and digest it..can someone answer me this? I hope there is an answer.
No one have the answer.
She is awake now and still hospitalised it will took she 3-4 days to know the result. We have to see if her intestines system is working good or not and if it does i pray to god and his blessing.
I dont dare to hope too much as i dont know what will happen but i pray so hard for her recovery.
I dont think i will have my peace until i know everything is fine, but whatever happen i leave it to the hand of the most powerful person on earth. He will be my strength to satnd up.
NO matter what happen, i still have another that need my care and love. I have to be strong for him and i hope i am strong enough....

Nicky Chung

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

(This post was edited by nicky_spykeaz on Jan 18, 2005, 4:33 AM)

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jan 18, 2005, 5:28 AM

Post #2 of 23 (988 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] anyone can ease my worry and pain [In reply to] Can't Post

hello nicky

after the spaying is done, didn't the vet let your dog wear something, like a torch light head to prevent your dog from scratching and touching the part where is spayed...

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jan 18, 2005, 5:40 AM

Post #3 of 23 (987 views)
Shortcut

Oh dear me... what a terrible thing!!!! Did the vet ask you to let the dog wear an E-collar? Coz this prevents the dog from licking or tearing at the wound... when my labrador was spayed... her wound was not big, just a few cm only and she did not tear the wound at all.... maybe the vet did something wrong that made the stitch come off or something like that... I' not totally sure.... But I will pray alongside you to keep your dog in good health.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jan 18, 2005, 6:43 AM

Post #4 of 23 (979 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] anyone can ease my worry and pain [In reply to] Can't Post

you see, she was under the doctor care for 4 days after the surgery. During that time, she was behave very well. BUt you see, all my dogs are very pampared towards me so when she saw me, she was very active and was jumping around. So that why i think it my fault. I should limit her activities and i also shoukd wrap her wound until she fully recovery.
Therefore, for now i hope this will be a lesson for all of us esp me but this lesson is too high the price.

I still looking at the bright side, and i hope everything well end well as i wish

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jan 18, 2005, 6:48 AM

Post #5 of 23 (978 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] anyone can ease my worry and pain [In reply to] Can't Post

Her wound was very nice when she come home. I told the doc, the reason she was behave very nice during your care is because she was in a cage so her movement is limited. As when she with me, she was free. No he didnt offer me anything as the collar,so right now me is as blank as a paper now..i would not know anything until the next few days, but i am still hoping for the bright side...

I guess i am still learning because this is the first dog i sent to spay, but this lesson is too expensive and too pressure for me to learn.

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jan 18, 2005, 7:09 AM

Post #6 of 23 (973 views)
Shortcut

ahhh, i see .. maybe you should limit her activities till she recovered 100%.

either put her in cage or lease her.... it might be cruel but no choice.. UnsureUnsureUnsure

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jan 18, 2005, 8:02 AM

Post #7 of 23 (967 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] anyone can ease my worry and pain [In reply to] Can't Post

If she survive....i know what to do already

:(

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

cordy

Jan 18, 2005, 8:57 AM

Post #8 of 23 (966 views)
Shortcut

hi nicky_spykeaz,

Hope ur doggie will recover soon. Dun blame urself. We all make mistakes, that unintentionally hurt our furkids. Treat it as an experience & not to repeat similar mistake.

Take care & I pray God would look after his own creatures, man or furkids.

~Cordy~

(This post was edited by cordy on Jan 18, 2005, 8:59 AM)

MisterStan
Doggyman

Jan 18, 2005, 4:43 PM

Post #9 of 23 (960 views)
Shortcut

take good care of her..

nozzy
K9 Kaki

Jan 18, 2005, 5:44 PM

Post #10 of 23 (956 views)
Shortcut

Hi Nicky,

Well what Cordy said were true, we did not take into consideration about our dog much as they can't talk. Even a human would be bandage or wrap after a slight cut or EVEN a surgery. You sud confine her a small space so that she do not move much.

BUT anyway, what had happened already happened.
Be STRONG, she WOULD HEAL perfectlyWink. I believe DOGS are like HUMANS, a shortened intestine does not harm much but it may affect the nutrient absorbtion process for future. It would be ok if yer dog is stil a puppy, but if yer dog is fully grown her intestine would not grow much.

Take good care of her.

nozzy

" Pantai + Chilli = Havoc"

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jan 18, 2005, 7:12 PM

Post #11 of 23 (952 views)
Shortcut

Ah.... all humans make mistakes... I have lots so don't blame yourself being as blank as a piece of paper.... Now you know what to do so when she's under your care back.

Well, my lab was my first dog that went for Spaying.... then my male when for neutering....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

my_dawg_daisy
K9 Maniac

Jan 19, 2005, 7:59 AM

Post #12 of 23 (935 views)
Shortcut

Sorry to hear what happened. Im sure it wasnt intentional...pls dont blame yoursel. will pray for u and ur furkid...hugz*

~Eve~ Proud owner of 2 Cheeky & Bubbly Furbabies:- Daisy (Dashie) & Meeko (MS)

Eve's Lil' Cerita Place

kwlean2002
Doggyman

Jan 19, 2005, 7:19 PM

Post #13 of 23 (931 views)
Shortcut

Ya ! like my_dawg_daisy, PLZ don't blame yourself, Its just a accident...who know will happen.... plZ be more stonger, you dog need support from you...We'll blessing her get well soon.

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jan 21, 2005, 6:58 AM

Post #14 of 23 (906 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nozzy] anyone can ease my worry and pain [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks.
No, she is still a puppy about a year. Do intestine still grow? Until what age?
We know abt the absorbtion process. So if she make it, she have to be on a very high fiber diet to help her digest.
So we are still waiting and now she is in stabil condition so we are gald to hear that.
We just have to wait and see.

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jan 21, 2005, 7:07 AM

Post #15 of 23 (904 views)
Shortcut

I guess it only fair i update all of you with the condition of my dog as all of your are concern about it but before that i like to say 1000X of thanks. You ppl help me alot.
This is the update of her condition....

I went to the vet yesterday afternoon, around 4.00pm. The vet said that my dog is doing fine and stabil as this moment. That was a great new i suppose. I guess i am still waiting for he words " she going fine" . She is on the drip treatment. She will not have any food for next few day so that they can clear the food in the stomach previously and since this involve her intestince, we have to be very careful.
The doc have her put on the e-collar to prevent her from bitting and disturb her wound, so this is good i guess.
We are giving her 50/50 surviving rate. She will be introduce to food slowy and she will be monitor to see if her digestion system go well. That is our major concern. If yes, further problem should not be a big. If not, she have to put to sleep i guess, i am preparing for the worst in case but i have faith on her.

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

HOOVERBELL
Enthusiast

Jan 24, 2005, 11:58 PM

Post #16 of 23 (882 views)
Shortcut

Yes nicky, keep us update.... i just read your thread.. i'm so sorry to hear about that, don't blame yourself... just take it as a lesson and from now on, sayang your furkid more just like a time to pay back loh... Smile will pray for u and your furkid, trust God.... He cares too coz He is the one who create all this....

hope your furkid will recover fast and will be alrite the rest of her life.....

hooverbell

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frown^Stuart^Tiger^Abigail^Buddy^Sydney^WangWang^Frown

Frown Hooverbell's Blog Frown

yst323
Old Kaki

Jan 25, 2005, 1:35 AM

Post #17 of 23 (880 views)
Shortcut

oh my god...never thought of such thing will happen. Just don't blame on yourself as everyone has mentioned here...we are human who will make mistake and please learn from this mistake to ensure it will not happen next time....

Do update us on her progress, ya! Hope she is fine and we all pray hard for her recovery....

Thanks for sharing this information with all of us and I believe everyone who has read this post will bear this in mind....

ST & PP & TT Frown

PP & TT photos
(latest upload: 3 Feb 2006)

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jan 26, 2005, 6:15 AM

Post #18 of 23 (868 views)
Shortcut

Thanks for all your concern.
I said thank for behalf Dotcom for all your pray and hope for her recovery.
But sadly at 1 pm today 25/01/2005, she have left me and i cant believe she is gone but u guess i have to accept that as a fate.
I have post a thread in Heaven place..a story on how i meet her and i hope you enjoy it as much as i enjoy her company of 11 months in my life

Thanks again...

Cheers ya,

What make Me?

Nice to meet YOu

BoBby San DogstEr

kwlean2002
Doggyman

Jan 26, 2005, 6:50 AM

Post #19 of 23 (866 views)
Shortcut

Sorry to hear that....dunno have to said what now....but do hope you can be stroger....your's furkid was also not to wish her master always on sad....Maybe the god above seeing her on suffering....so take her to rainbow bridge rest and peace....she will always in your heart !

Plz take care !

yst323
Old Kaki

Jan 26, 2005, 4:52 PM

Post #20 of 23 (860 views)
Shortcut

Sad to hear that...pls be strong and take good care of yourself ya...

ST & PP & TT Frown

PP & TT photos
(latest upload: 3 Feb 2006)

HOOVERBELL
Enthusiast

Jan 26, 2005, 10:25 PM

Post #21 of 23 (850 views)
Shortcut

Sorry to hear that.... u be strong ok.... Lean is right, maybe God said she is too painful on earth and send her to heaven... a better place definitely... Be strong...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frown^Stuart^Tiger^Abigail^Buddy^Sydney^WangWang^Frown

Frown Hooverbell's Blog Frown

faithgirl
Novice

Jan 27, 2005, 8:27 PM

Post #22 of 23 (830 views)
Shortcut

Dear Nicky
Oh dear! I really do commiserate with you. I can empathize because I think only a dog-lover can truly understand the pain of losing a pet dog. To a dog-lover, the pooch is not just an animal but an integral part of the family. Only time can help lessen your grief. Take care, please.

cordy

Jan 28, 2005, 7:04 AM

Post #23 of 23 (821 views)
Shortcut

Hi nicky_spykeaz,

I'm sorry to hear what happened.

It's a sad day when our furkids leaves us. *sigh*

Best Wishes,

Cordy

(This post was edited by cordy on Jan 28, 2005, 7:05 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my