Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
help! how to get my dog to poo during his walk?

tame
Novice

Jan 14, 2005, 6:46 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1589 views)
Shortcut
help! how to get my dog to poo during his walk? Can't Post

ello...

my dogs about 4 mths old...he used to poo after breakfast n dinner at the grassy patch in my garden...well, now we r thinking of training him to poo when we bring him out for walk after meals...but he alwiz get really excited when we bring him out for walk, n seems to have no intention to pee or even poo...even if he poos, he'll only poo after the walk at the grassy patch in my garden...huh...

hmm how should i proceed on this transition between house to walk...pls pls help...

thanks ...:>

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jan 26, 2005, 5:43 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1525 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tame] help! how to get my dog to poo during his walk? [In reply to] Can't Post

i think ur dogs are very well educated. why u want him to poo during walk??? do u want to pick up the poo? i know i get REALLY IRRITATED when i step on dog poo.Mad

kudos to your dogs and you buddy have to think about this.

tame
Novice

Jan 28, 2005, 5:32 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1516 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] help! how to get my dog to poo during his walk? [In reply to] Can't Post

lol...i get very irritated when i step on poo too...

i don't mind picking up his poo if he poo during walk...the reason why we r trying to get him to poo outside is bcoz my mom happen to like her garden a lot...n her grass is balding terribly due to the constant poo n pee etc...instead some places r already permanently bald...hmm...so we were thinking that whether there might be an alternative way to make everybody happy...:)

but thanx for saying my dog is well-mannered... i'll tell Panda about it...;p...he should be very proud of himself

(This post was edited by tame on Jan 28, 2005, 5:36 AM)

pretty72
Novice

Aug 16, 2005, 12:03 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1284 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tame] help! how to get my dog to poo during his walk? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
ello...

my dogs about 4 mths old...he used to poo after breakfast n dinner at the grassy patch in my garden...well, now we r thinking of training him to poo when we bring him out for walk after meals...but he alwiz get really excited when we bring him out for walk, n seems to have no intention to pee or even poo...even if he poos, he'll only poo after the walk at the grassy patch in my garden...huh...

hmm how should i proceed on this transition between house to walk...pls pls help...

thanks ...:>

When you see your sog relieving himself, start saying to him "good boy, go potty, go potty" or some other similar term. He will then relate those words to the action. Wait to walk him till about the time you think he may need to go, then will walking him use your chosen phrase. This will tell him what you want him to do. It may take a few weeks depending on how old he is, and the consistancy with which you do this. Hope it helps you!

mycathie
Novice

Sep 26, 2005, 11:00 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1255 views)
Shortcut

hi there, is ur doggie name Panda? Guess what? I have a dalmation name Panda too. My friends thought that was a weird name for a dog but I think its cute and a great name too.

Well, i just got myself a new beagle puppy. Its only about 2 months old and i am trying to train him to poo poo and pee pee while walk walk. Meanwhile, I am also try to train him to do his business on the newspaper. but since he is still very small, he tend to bite all the newspaper all over ... :-(

is it too early to toilet train my puppy?

tame
Novice

Sep 28, 2005, 4:36 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1248 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mycathie] help! how to get my dog to poo during his walk? [In reply to] Can't Post

yup yup...i absolutely agree...i think panda is a cute name too...but many of my younger cousins laugh hysterically when we initially told them...haha ;p

i think 2 months not too young to puppy train the dog...i start toilet training about 6-7 weeks old...and panda kinda get it too...so i guess u should try to train him...usually take a while...:)

buckieluck
Novice

Oct 25, 2005, 1:54 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1151 views)
Shortcut

Buckie was born a talent.. he naturally learn not to pee/poo in his crate and will only do it at my mum's garden. Lucky thing my mum don really care about the grasses, my mum's lawn used to have patches everywhere. Anyways, I learned a new trick for avoiding those patches. Each time your puppy pee on the grasses, pour some water on the pee. It won't stain them. Tada!

When you bring out ur dog for walks, eventually they'll learn how to poo outside, say something like 'hurry up' or 'go potty'. Their poo and pee are tools for them to mark their territory so one day they will learn to hold their urges for that purpose. Your pup is still small. Just be consistent and one day he will rather poo outside.
--------------------------------------------------------
Siberian Husky + Silky Terrier = My Buckie
Add Buckie in your Dogster : www.dogster.com/?187451

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my