Home: Behavioral Problems: Digging, Bitting, Licking, Pulling and Chewing:
Advise need!!!!

kassiliama
Novice

Jan 12, 2005, 11:23 AM

Post #1 of 17 (3916 views)
Shortcut
Advise need!!!! Can't Post

I am a new owner of silky terrier pup. Usually the pup will lock inside the cage and will released when

i come back from work. Inside the cage she still okay, when released it she will like driven crazy.

When i walking from some place to other, she will follow me and keep on bitting on my leg until my leg getting red spot.

I try to give her toy or dental cookies for her to bite but she still wanna bite my leg. I really dont know wat to do.

Can anyone give me advise on it??????

Thank You

Khoobg
Webmaster

Jan 12, 2005, 3:56 PM

Post #2 of 17 (3905 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kassiliama] Advise need!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

That has been discussed before and you may want to read an old thread on this issue at

http://www.puppy.com.my/...;;page=unread#unread

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

lisanyl
New User

Jan 19, 2005, 2:09 AM

Post #3 of 17 (3842 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I am a new owner of silky terrier pup. Usually the pup will lock inside the cage and will released when

i come back from work. Inside the cage she still okay, when released it she will like driven crazy.

When i walking from some place to other, she will follow me and keep on bitting on my leg until my leg getting red spot.

I try to give her toy or dental cookies for her to bite but she still wanna bite my leg. I really dont know wat to do.

Can anyone give me advise on it?????? Hello, I am a new commer I have a terrier mix duno wat its already coming to 4 mths old the problem is that he likes to bite every thing that he comes across even all our hands . He is a studborn dog as i can see but i am sure this can be corrected please advise me

Thank You

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 25, 2005, 1:31 AM

Post #4 of 17 (3781 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lisanyl, kassiliama] Advise need!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In addition to the threads suggested by the Administrator ... try these:

Use the search function or check the other threads on the same subject ...

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=60051;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=159434;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=185614;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=88751;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Will also suggest that you get good dog books to read ... there is no substitute for learning for oneself ... And good books will give you the relevant background you need to build a good & lasting relationship with your dog.

For suggestions try this ... some of the books are already available locally, and almost all can be ordered through MPH, Times, Kinokuniya etc:

www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A383ABZY40JIYO/002-1671614-9129648

Cheers

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Jan 25, 2005, 1:32 AM)

boon
Doggyman

Jan 25, 2005, 7:42 AM

Post #5 of 17 (3771 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] Advise need!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

3 little monks with 3 giant banana dogs

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 25, 2005, 9:50 AM

Post #6 of 17 (3765 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] Advise need!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

*Tongue* ... Didn't got understand what you post ...

boon
Doggyman

Jan 25, 2005, 4:09 PM

Post #7 of 17 (3761 views)
Shortcut

aiyah the cover page of the book lah....

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 26, 2005, 7:08 AM

Post #8 of 17 (3740 views)
Shortcut

Crazy ... which book and what banana dogs?

boon
Doggyman

Jan 26, 2005, 7:24 AM

Post #9 of 17 (3739 views)
Shortcut

huh....

this one lah....

How to Be Your Dog's Best Friend: The Classic Training Manual for Dog Owners (Revised & Updated Edition) by The Monks of New Skete

Banana dog is the dog with banana back angulation lah...the show GSD........

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 26, 2005, 8:07 PM

Post #10 of 17 (3722 views)
Shortcut

Ahyyyaaaah ... Tongue ... say so lar in the first place ... u think this Riddle Forum or what? ... CoolTongueWink ... I tot you insulting LCK's labcheong dogs even ...

Say ... I got the book ...

How to Be Your Dog's Best Friend: The Classic Training Manual for Dog Owners (Revised & Updated Edition) by The Monks of New Skete

And it's pretty good ... the Skete Monks did a good job with the editing and updating from the earlier edition ... very good dog training/behaviour manual all in one ... If can only get one book - get this one - will recommend to any one who wants to seriously learn how to teach & understand dogs ...

Cheers

boon
Doggyman

Jan 26, 2005, 8:31 PM

Post #11 of 17 (3716 views)
Shortcut

I have yet to grab this book, but so far, i have read thru quite a number...i think PURELY POSITIVE TRAINING: COMPANION TO COMPETITION by Sheila Booth is by far the BEST.

i have 2 more books in my amazon shopping cart....will hunt for more titles before purchase to save some on freight. Recommendation pls....

ginaong
Novice

Feb 14, 2005, 10:58 PM

Post #12 of 17 (3593 views)
Shortcut

Hi, am just reading the forum and would like to find out from you how is your puppy doing now, I have a 7 weeks old silky terrier and she has the same attitude as your puppy as what you have written, tried many ways but still failed to let her know that biting is wrong. One of my friend who own 8 silky teach me to tick her on her mouth and tell her no, this will just stop her for a while and she will start biting my feet and hand again whenever she has the chance to do so. Just want to hear from you what happened to your puppy lately. Thank you.

kassiliama
Novice

Feb 16, 2005, 7:48 AM

Post #13 of 17 (3573 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginaong] Advise need!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi ginaong,

My puppy still dont change her behaviour. I try many ways oledi, give her bitting toy, toy food she

still wan to bite my hand and leg. I just leave it to bite, after she bite enuff then she will play her

ownself. But anywhere for me silky is a good dog to breed.

see ya......

MisterStan
Doggyman

Feb 16, 2005, 7:55 AM

Post #14 of 17 (3571 views)
Shortcut

hi kassiliama

it might be not so good to give a light beat to puppy. but it works pretty well to my shih tzu 3 months +. she also have the tendency to bite people fingers. once i give a light beat on the back side or the mouth, she stops immediately... hope this helps although it is not recommended lah..

kassiliama
Novice

Feb 16, 2005, 10:33 AM

Post #15 of 17 (3566 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Advise need!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi MisterStan,

My pup really is a stubborn dog. I tried oledi by beat his mouth and backside, she still wanna come kacau me. Although she stop awhile when i beat her, few minutes later she will come back kacau me. Sometimes until i cannot tahan then i will put her in the cage and let her calm down.

Hehehe, anywhere thanks for your advise.

MisterStan
Doggyman

Feb 16, 2005, 7:19 PM

Post #16 of 17 (3556 views)
Shortcut

hmm... since your puppy is so stubborn, then you gotta do some bossing around... beat (maybe with cane although no good lah) + shout fiercely if you can lah..

ginaong
Novice

Feb 18, 2005, 4:50 PM

Post #17 of 17 (3514 views)
Shortcut

Hi morning, just to tell you that my JOJO behave good for the past three days. Just to tell you what I have been doing, may be will help a little

When I brought JOJO back she used to sleep with me. Last weeks after the CNY, due to her misbehaving, I crate her during the night for 2 days. When ever she bite my toe or my children toe, I will give her a light tick at her mouth (side or lower side of her lips) it will stop her for a while, if she still come back to bite, I will tick her again, carried her away and crate her. Leave her alone for about 5 - 10 minutes. After several attemp of this and the crate during the night, she some how get the message. Now she still have the urge to bite my toe and my children toe, but manage to stop it with stepping my foot on the floor with a noooooo...... (sometimes no lah, then crate her again till she gets the message).

She is a good dog, I told my self to be patient with her. When I made the decision to have her, I gonna be responsible for her....

Cheers...

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my