Mange since pup

Carrie
Novice

Jan 11, 2005, 7:21 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1508 views)
Shortcut
Mange since pup Can't Post

Hi all sifus out there....

My baby,Sunshine has got this mange problem since he was a pup and has been with the Elizabethean collar eversince he was 4mths old.

If I take the collar off him, he'll start biting and chewing the infected area till it becomes VERY red and sometimes bleed a little.

I've taken him to the vet many times for this problem alone but doesn't seem to go away... It'll be alright for a few weeks but then it'll come again...

Also, he has this problem of a growth in between his paws. It'll grow and then burst and bleed. I've applied some antiseptic powder provided by the vet. But, everytime it's ok and dried up, some other paw will have this growth and then this wioll just continue...

Can't I have a normal,mange-less and cyst-less Sunshine ?? And how can I stop him from licking/chewing himself?

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 12, 2005, 10:40 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1493 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Carrie] Mange since pup [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello ...

Yes ... chances are that you can help your dog ...

Some questions ...

(a) How old is your dog now?

(b) Why do you say it is mange? Did a vet say so? What tests did the vet do to confirm existence of mange?

(c) What treatment was provided to your dog? For how long? The more particulars you can give, the better.

Hear from you ...

Cheers

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my