About me and my boxer (Emma)

johnaricka
Novice

Mar 5, 2003, 9:30 PM

Post #1 of 16 (1375 views)
Shortcut
About me and my boxer (Emma) Can't Post

Hello Everyone!
Our family just got a brendle boxer puppie. We picked her out weeks ago and finally were able to bring her home this weekend. We named her Emma when we originally picked her out. They have been calling her by name so we are pleased to say that she is used to it. She is seven weeks old and the cutest little pup we have ever seen and we are not by far just saying that. We have seen a lot of puppies in the last year while searching for a pup and she has to be the best looking. We didnt chose her based on looks. We were impressed with the parent dogs. Both were the most well adjusted, gentle dogs. They never barked at us or our children while man handling the pups. Her looks were the icing on the cake.
She is close to being house trained. The first night she slept all night. I woke her up twice to take her out but she wouldnt go. Last night she slept six hours before asking to go out. During the day she does pretty good. She tells us by going to the back door and then whines. Our prob is that her whines are so soft that sometimes we cant hear then if we are doing dishes or such. She has had three accidents total. Overall I am happy with the progress.
I have been feeding her a mixture of wet and dry but am currently trying to get the right mix since today she had some runny stool. She was not complaining but it scared me. I am sure that it is too much wet food although you all can comment on it.
thank you for welcoming me to the group,
Aricka

lulugurl
ALPHA

Mar 5, 2003, 9:39 PM

Post #2 of 16 (1374 views)
Shortcut
Re: [johnaricka] About me and my boxer (Emma) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello

Welcome here, i'm from penang. Where are you from? and wats a brendle boxer?
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

johnaricka
Novice

Mar 5, 2003, 9:45 PM

Post #3 of 16 (1373 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] About me and my boxer (Emma) [In reply to] Can't Post

We live in the Central Coast of California. I probably mispelled it, but Brindle is a tiger stripe look. She is a dark mahogany with tiny black stripes. that is the only way I can explain it. I am sure someone has a better way.

lulugurl
ALPHA

Mar 5, 2003, 9:57 PM

Post #4 of 16 (1371 views)
Shortcut

Hie, i know wat you mean already, Thanks.... Looking forward to knowing you better.

Btw, do you have a picture of Emma? You can post it upSmile
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

mackmack
Doggyman

Mar 6, 2003, 12:02 AM

Post #5 of 16 (1362 views)
Shortcut

Hi Aricka~

Congrats on your new pup
and nice to meet you here

Welcome to the family.

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

cdmoo
ALPHA

Mar 6, 2003, 12:10 AM

Post #6 of 16 (1359 views)
Shortcut

hi Aricka,

Welcome to the forum!

Have fun..

Smile
regards,

CD Moo

metay
Enthusiast

Mar 6, 2003, 12:21 AM

Post #7 of 16 (1358 views)
Shortcut

hie johnaricka,

Welcome to this forum. Wink I'm from Penang & i have a Bernese Mountain Dog.
Blush Looking forward to knowing you better.

TonguemetayTongue

hcyeap

Mar 6, 2003, 12:32 AM

Post #8 of 16 (1352 views)
Shortcut

Hi Aricka,

Welcome. Look forward to hearing more about your Emma. Enjoy the forum and yeah, put up your furkid's photo so we may appreciate her more. Sounds great from your description already.

hcyeap- daddy to pepperboy schnauzer

drew
ALPHA

Mar 6, 2003, 12:47 AM

Post #9 of 16 (1349 views)
Shortcut

hello,

welcome and have fun here eh?!

i've seen that dog before ... that dog looks fierce to me ok ... Tongue hehehee

neways, have fun !

wkser
ALPHA

Mar 6, 2003, 12:58 AM

Post #10 of 16 (1342 views)
Shortcut

hi,

welcome to the forum....Wink

regards

kangser and nous

Elly
ALPHA

Mar 6, 2003, 4:22 AM

Post #11 of 16 (1336 views)
Shortcut

Hi Hi,

Welcome, welcome......hope to see Emma's photos. CheersCool

Elly

johnaricka
Novice

Mar 6, 2003, 10:12 PM

Post #12 of 16 (1319 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Elly] About me and my boxer (Emma) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Guys,
I dont know if I am doing this right, so bear with me. Instead of replying individually I am doing it to you all...
I would love to post a picture and will get it up as soon as we have our photos developed.
Are there many of you on this site that have boxers?
Call me stupid but I hope that the name of the web site (Malaysia Dog and Puppy Forum) does not narrow down the locations of the members of this site?
How long will the sleepy puppy stage last? Emma is seven weeks old and I know that she is a puppy and they sleep alot but I am curious about when it will end.
House training is going better than I expected. We originally were going to crate train. She went into her crate all by herself at first but once she found the dog pillow behind the chair that my hubby insisted she have, it was all over! She wont go in there now. We have decided to not puch the issue currently since she is doing good. We may change our mind later when she gets into the "naughty stage". Now we have her pillow out in the family room where we are all at and at night I move it into our bedroom so I can hear her if she needs to go out. She is not a whiner or growler so I need to really listen for her cue. We have friends and faamily members that have boxers and they have told us that they are not vocal dogs as a breed.
She is eating pretty good but I wish she would eat more. She probably eats exactly what she is supposed to eat but it doesnt seem enough to me. She eats a little more than one cup of puppy food mixed with one spoon of wet and some warm water. I think the first couple of days I had too much wet food because she had runny stool. Since cutting back it is better although I am going to cut back even farther tomorrow. Do you think she is eating enough? She weighed seven pounds six ounces last tuesday so she probably is two pounds heavier now.
Thanks Guys!

mackmack
Doggyman

Mar 7, 2003, 2:31 AM

Post #13 of 16 (1309 views)
Shortcut

Hi~ I'm now in CA too.Wink

During this stage (7 wks), pups REST a lot....

Take Mack as an example, he could sleep 2 hours, then woke up and play & run for 2 hours...then started to mabuk...DOOM, there he slept again for another 2 hours... he could just play and stop at any point and sleep---suddenly woke up in 2 hours time and continue boosting his energy.
Not sure how long it took to build up "normal" sleeping time.... but it's not more than 3-4 mths.
but during the first year...he had to take nap in the afternoon and alsoa fter dinner time.

querida
Dog Kichi

Mar 11, 2003, 6:54 PM

Post #14 of 16 (1295 views)
Shortcut

hello there!

greetings from a boxer owner! i would love to see how ur pup looks like, bet she's adorable. havent actually seen a brindle type. i have two boxers, a male Castro and female Jojo. do read my post.

have fun in this forum!

just me.

johnaricka
Novice

Mar 12, 2003, 9:47 PM

Post #15 of 16 (1282 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] About me and my boxer (Emma) [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey Everyone!
Emma is changing by the day. - she is sleeping less and you are right about her storing up sleep. Thanks! Where about in Ca are you? Everyone, I promise to post a pic once I finish the roll of film. Querida, you can see brindle boxers at boxerworld.com (great web site) until I post my cutey!
She is eating a lot more since I changed her eating habits to three times a day per the vet.
My only concern about her is how she is reacting with the twin year old boys I watch ten days a month. They are very vocal and starting the temper tantrum stage. She seems to be relating to them like a pup in her liter. She does not like when one of them throws a temper tantrum. She barks at him and them takes off in the other direction. She is also a little rough with them in comparision to my kids. I am not saying she is a bad seed though. She is very tolerant of them for her age. I include her completly when they are here. She is not banned to another room. How ever you all have dealt with this with you own kids would greatly help me.
Talk to you all soon!
Aricka

mackmack
Doggyman

Mar 13, 2003, 2:49 AM

Post #16 of 16 (1274 views)
Shortcut

Aricka

I'm now in LASmile

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my