Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
A puppy from had yai to kl

ho-kia
Novice

Jan 8, 2005, 12:00 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1293 views)
Shortcut
A puppy from had yai to kl Can't Post

I went to had yai(thailand) last 2 months. There was a puppy I saw (small breed), very cute ar. I asked the owner how much, she said rm.600. She will send the puppy till kl, then i pay. The problem is, she said it's illegal. However, it will be their job to send till kl safely.

Then come into my mind is, is it necessary to have a certificate to keep a puppy? if yes, how can i get one? is there any requirement? Or can i just buy the puppy from had yai then when i make the cert i will say it's given by my friend. Any opinion ?

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Jan 8, 2005, 7:20 AM

Post #2 of 6 (1276 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ho-kia] A puppy from had yai to kl [In reply to] Can't Post

erm.. well... im not really sure wether its illegal or not. n erm, about the cert, as i know, d dog should be pure breed, if im not mistaken, the rest i dunno... btw, u dont really have to buy it from thailand, besides, u r not sure about the pup's background n the health condition... there r lots of cute n healthy pup in KL too, especially pj/subang i think... n i suggest that u buy from breeder or home breeder, but not thsoe who have many different breeds of dog... the most important thing is, make sure its healthy. so ur budget is RM600 huh? i saw many ads on the Star newspaper, a home breeder is selling her shih tzu pup for RM680, quite reasonable... erm, anyway, have u ever think about adopting a dog/puppy instead of buying one? i think the cost is much cheaper than petshops one, around RM200 n above, n that's including vaccination, deworm, spay/neuter n etc... well, guess i better stop here... good luck !

cheers,

Justin.

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Jan 9, 2005, 1:53 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1271 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ho-kia] A puppy from had yai to kl [In reply to] Can't Post

They cannot send if they do not go through the quarantine details and papers.... the fees to ship here will cost a few hundred... if they just ship here, the pup and people will be in trouble if they do it illegally and you will have no chance of registering your pup under MKA....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

carienna
Canine Addict

Jan 10, 2005, 5:05 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1254 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] A puppy from had yai to kl [In reply to] Can't Post

We will always feel tempted and wants to buy the puppy as our beloved pet when seeing cute little pppies for sale.

But, don't tell me you can't find any cute puppies throughout Malaysia?

Yes it is illegal for them to bring the puppies from Thailand to Malaysia as they'll smuggle the doggies in. How? Put the doggie to sleep and in the car it was hidden. That was what someone told me, someone who had their doggie from Thai.

I did get a daschund from a etshop, where the petshop owner get the puppies from Thai and he sell it at a very cheap price... to my horror, the dog was infected with parvo virus and in less than a week, it died!

And as your were wondering, both the dam and sire gotta be with certificate in order to apply certificate for the puppies. If either 1 of the parent doesnt have a cert, then I do not think that you can apply cert for it. In fact, having cert is a way where you can ensure that the puppy is a PURE breed. If your intention is to keep the pup just as a pet, I do not feel it is necessary for you to go through all the hassle! Anyway, it is good to really find out before getting a pet for urself~

Frown

Golden Retrievers & Miniature Schnauzer are SIMPLY the BEST!!!!!!!

nozzy
K9 Kaki

Jan 11, 2005, 2:02 AM

Post #5 of 6 (1242 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carienna] A puppy from had yai to kl [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

I had the case as u were, dacshund and died of parvo virus in 2weeks! but it was not fr thai though.

U were rite they wud put the pup to sleep n smuggle thru car over to m'sia as the custom seldom check our car when u drive fr sadao to bkt kayu hitam. well it was very norm things to smuggle dogs over as it was indeed very very cheap in thai. A shih tzu can only cost RM 300! i have asked b4 when i was there.

But the problem is wheter the pups are healthy or not, as they might be infected by virus and other disease. The will be no guarantee if your dog die in less than a week.

So think TWICE to get one as M'sia has so many lovely dogs to be adopted and to be sold.

nozzy

" Pantai + Chilli = Havoc"

carienna
Canine Addict

Jan 11, 2005, 6:50 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1230 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nozzy] A puppy from had yai to kl [In reply to] Can't Post

aiyah.. feel so sad cuz my vet say dat doggie is just too small for any strong medication... so we can only give it something mild.. but in less than a week, she's all gone You know when my puppy was so weak and I called up the petshop, the petshop owner said it's a very normal sickness, asked me to go to pharmacy and get medicine for the poor doggie! Mad

I would rather pay a little extra and get to make sure I get puppies which is in a good condition~

Frown

Golden Retrievers & Miniature Schnauzer are SIMPLY the BEST!!!!!!!

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my