Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
Peeing problem

Rckman
New User

Jan 4, 2005, 3:21 PM

Post #1 of 3 (973 views)
Shortcut
Peeing problem Can't Post

I got a beagle from the local shelter about 1 month ago. he is around 1 and a half years old and has a peeing problem. He pees when ever I try to pet him. Even on the couch, on my bed, or walking around the house. My mom said I will have to get rid of him if he dont stop,I really like him and I dont want to give him back, please help?

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jan 4, 2005, 5:05 PM

Post #2 of 3 (967 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Rckman] Peeing problem [In reply to] Can't Post

man, it's either your beagle was not trained in his early days or he has bladder problem.

the peeing when you try to pet him can be due to excitement, and it's called submissive peeing. but it's more common in female dogs. it can also be fear. he may have been abused in his early days and scared to be touch, is his tail tucked in between his legs when you try to pet him or is his tail wagging?

suggest you strat from scratch, bring him out to pee after meals, after play, after exercise to the same spot, once he does this, praise him. also if he start to sniff the ground, bring him out as he will want to pee. have patience, he will eventually get it.

Rckman
New User

Jan 5, 2005, 4:46 AM

Post #3 of 3 (951 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] Peeing problem [In reply to] Can't Post

His tail is wagging when he does it. I think it is fear because when he does it he just squats down and pees. Thanks I will try doing what you said

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my