Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: PAWS:
JANUARY 2005 - PAWS' WISH LIST

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2005, 6:55 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1331 views)
Shortcut
JANUARY 2005 - PAWS' WISH LIST Can't Post

This is the third wishlist thread posted to reach out to our dog lovers and supporters. The response for October was good. We had people bring in bags of cement and pots of paints. Thanks so much everyone!!!

I will update the list for this month and indicate project needs if any. For those new to this post, having a new wish list every month will keep the thread short, current and relevant to the month.

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2005, 6:57 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1323 views)
Shortcut
STANDARD WISH LIST [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Rice (PAWS uses 100 kg in less than a week)
2. Old Towels and rags to keep puppies/ newborn kittens dry and warm
3. Puppy toys to keep them amused
4. Any kind of Dog and Puppy Food (can or dry )
5. BLEACH (Carrefour seels 2 ltr bottles at under RM5 each)
6. Paints (especially mould proof ones), spraypaints and canned paints
7. DETTOL or other disinfectants for floors and recovery areas
8. ---this item has been removed---
9. ---this item has been removed---
10. Puppy chews. Made from cow skin, it is very good for their teeth and lasts a few weeks.
11. Rags and sponges for cleaning
12. Spray bottles (used empty bottles with a spray snout)
13. Brooms and brushes
14. Flea medication (Advantage or Frontline).
15. Used CD plastic sleeves. The kind that you get VCDs and DVDs in at the shops. It is like a clear plastic slip cover with pre punched holes. It can be used to display a dog's record or a cage's cleaning schedule.
16. ---this item has been removed---
17. ---this item has been removed---
18. ---this item has been removed---
19. Dog vitamins
20. A few new toilet brushes
21. Everyday foodstuff (veg, fruits or tit-bits) for the Burmese 'volunteers' there

(This post was edited by Cynhor on Jan 4, 2005, 7:01 AM)

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Jan 12, 2005, 5:18 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1246 views)
Shortcut
DONATION RECORD BOOK [In reply to] Can't Post

ALL GOODS DONATIONS TO PAWS REGARDLESS OF TYPE AND SIZE OF CONTRIBUTION MUST BE RECORDED IN THE DONATION BOOK.

This book is in the office. You should be pointed to it when you bring things in, but sometimes the office staff forget. Kindly ask.

my_dawg_daisy
K9 Maniac

Jan 13, 2005, 4:59 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1218 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cynhor] DONATION RECORD BOOK [In reply to] Can't Post

Hie!! ive heard many good things uve done for paws..thumbs up! just wondering how do i volunteer or become a paws member?

~Eve~ Proud owner of 2 Cheeky & Bubbly Furbabies:- Daisy (Dashie) & Meeko (MS)

Eve's Lil' Cerita Place

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Jan 13, 2005, 11:26 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [my_dawg_daisy] DONATION RECORD BOOK [In reply to] Can't Post

I had very little to do with it. Plenty of great people helping out at PAWS. Many just prefer to remain in the shadow, so kudos to them.

Today, a group of people (volunteer vets) went in to neuter animals for the shelter. This has not been done for such a long time, and everyone is so grateful that the new committee, especially the new president has taken the initiative. Things are changing for the better. Any animal that leaves PAWS should have been neutered but this has not been adhered to for a while.

VOLUNTEERING

Volunteers are always needed and always welcomed. PAWS is run by a committee of volunteers anyway, and most people who go in do the best that they can. If you have time, go in and have a look at the notice in the office with suggested activities for volunteers. There is no application necessary but you will need to sign in and out.

Do make sure that you do not go into the compounds by yourself unless you are comfortable with dog packs (they can get rowdy), and always ask one of the boys there if you would like to take dogs out for a walk. They are most helpful.

Just be interacting with the animals, you are passing on some good social skills.

There is always plenty of scrubbing and cleaning to do. The puppy cages always need a good scrub and it takes about 10 minutes to do each cage.

Anyway, if you need to do call me, or talk to any of the regular volunters there. Even the boys are a good source of information.

MEMBERSHIP

A year's membership is only RM20, life membership is only RM200. Go into the office and just get a form. You will need to make sure that they give you a receipt.

Thanks for the interest!!!! We hope to see you soon.

my_dawg_daisy
K9 Maniac

Jan 14, 2005, 7:36 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1191 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cynhor] DONATION RECORD BOOK [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks alot for the information on paws..im do hope the new bod will make some improvement.Paws will never be "lost" if there's volunteer like yourself.Ive only been there once..and as i posted in paws make a diff thread...anyways can i have your email add just incase if im not clear of something..or need to contact u

~Eve~ Proud owner of 2 Cheeky & Bubbly Furbabies:- Daisy (Dashie) & Meeko (MS)

Eve's Lil' Cerita Place

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Jan 14, 2005, 8:01 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1186 views)
Shortcut
Re: [my_dawg_daisy] DONATION RECORD BOOK [In reply to] Can't Post

No problems, I can be reached by email most days. cynhor@yahoo.com

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my