Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Show and Championship:
Prelimenary List of MKA Dog Shows for 2003

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 30, 2003, 8:53 AM

Post #51 of 56 (1423 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Prelimenary List of MKA Dog Shows for 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks so much, that's really helpful to know. And sounds like it is affordable... i was worried it might come to a lot as i heard someone brought in a dog and said it cost more to fly the dog than to fly a human... !

mackmack
Doggyman

Mar 30, 2003, 2:10 PM

Post #52 of 56 (1421 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Prelimenary List of MKA Dog Shows for 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

You are welcome!Smile

Well...I would say it's the option that cost me the least after i researched on ways to send a pet home.

for some people, they might goto a pet-traveling agency so all the documents, tests and the journey will all be taken care until you clear the dog out from quarantine station. Then it will be an amount on this kind of "package service". Also, different airlines charge different rate and provides different pet-traveling services. Different sizes of breed may have varying charges too.

--I have Howling Bean and Lazy Mack.--

(This post was edited by mackmack on Mar 30, 2003, 2:10 PM)

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 31, 2003, 3:36 AM

Post #53 of 56 (1412 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mackmack] Prelimenary List of MKA Dog Shows for 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks again.

Looks like I will probably travel there to see the pup and bring it home with me as excess luggage. An agency will probably cost as much as a flight ticket, so might as well take a holiday at the same time! Wink

mackmack
Doggyman

Apr 1, 2003, 1:00 AM

Post #54 of 56 (1398 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Prelimenary List of MKA Dog Shows for 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

Well,
I know you will plan things aheadWink....
BUT, please bare in mind that the pup has to be at least 8 wk-old and fully vaccinated along with health cert certified by the city council, the vet is just to do the test.

luckey
ALPHA

Apr 1, 2003, 3:19 AM

Post #55 of 56 (1392 views)
Shortcut

I read recently in an MKA newsletter that the pup has to be at least 3 months old. Does the dog have to go through any vaccinations before coming in?

mackmack
Doggyman

Apr 1, 2003, 10:05 AM

Post #56 of 56 (1384 views)
Shortcut

Well, as far as I know, the pup can be exported from US from 8 wk-old onwards. For M'sia side, the 8-wk rule still applied in Jan 03, am not sure about it for NOW.
and YES, the dog has to be vaccinated, especially bordertella required by the airlines and rabies required by M'sia. For other vaccinations.... i still think is a need coz by the time you go tru the health test, guess the vet will do it too, but maybe not the full 3 jabs. You have to check from the website of all the authorities both m'sia and US.
Department Of Veterinary Services,

Tel : (603) 2094 0077

Look under Services - Import and Services - Quarantine

Again, different airlines have different boarding regulations and requirements.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my