First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

arthur
ALPHA

Mar 4, 2003, 6:57 AM

Post #1 of 56 (5120 views)
Shortcut
Prelimenary List of MKA Dog Shows for 2003 Can't Post

Greetings All,

The kind folks at MKA has provided us a prelimenary list of the dog shows for 2003. The official list will be published in the coming Bretia Anjing Jan-Mar 2003 issue.

Mar 15 & 16 - KL
May 10 & 11 - KL
Jun 01 - Johore
Jun 29 - Ipoh
Aug 17 - KL (AKU)
Sep 28 - Ipoh
Nov 09 - KL
Dec 14 - Penang

Total: 10 shows.

Date and venue are subject to final confirmation.

Rdgs Arthur

lulugurl
ALPHA

Mar 4, 2003, 6:44 PM

Post #2 of 56 (5113 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Prelimenary List of MKA Dog Shows for 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

hello, thanks for info arthur. By the way, wats AKU ?
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

Altana_Mystique
Dog Kichi

Mar 5, 2003, 5:37 PM

Post #3 of 56 (5099 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lulugurl] Prelimenary List of MKA Dog Shows for 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

Asian Kennel Union. All countries belonging to the Union are supposed to hold an AKU show each year where only Asian judges will judge the show

In Reply To
hello, thanks for info arthur. By the way, wats AKU ?

Riccaval
ALPHA

Mar 5, 2003, 7:47 PM

Post #4 of 56 (5092 views)
Shortcut
Re: [arthur] Prelimenary List of MKA Dog Shows for 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Arthur,
Good news for KL folks but not so good for Penangites. How come only 1 show in Penang, no sponsors ah? P.Com members from Png do sumthing.....Boon?HCYeap?Laugh
So Arthur, Khoo and Luckey gonna be a busy year for you. Good LuckSmile

Khoobg
Webmaster

Mar 5, 2003, 8:33 PM

Post #5 of 56 (5089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] Prelimenary List of MKA Dog Shows for 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

Apart from the 10 conformation shows, there will also be five obedience trials to be held this year. Oh yes, it will be a very busy year for ppl that are also in obedience trial competition.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

jaz
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 6, 2003, 7:21 AM

Post #6 of 56 (5066 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] Prelimenary List of MKA Dog Shows for 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Khoo!

Since Penang has a show line up in Dec... i think i'll bring Jaz in.. but how do I qualify? What do I need to do? Any test Jaz needs to pass before she's qualified??

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 7, 2003, 7:03 AM

Post #7 of 56 (5052 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Riccaval] Prelimenary List of MKA Dog Shows for 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey... you're not a Penangite??? saw your cavalier and your boston in the berita anjing... very smart looking! Smile

Riccaval
ALPHA

Mar 7, 2003, 6:34 PM

Post #8 of 56 (5043 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Prelimenary List of MKA Dog Shows for 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

Nope, I'm local. Shockedthanks but 'Pai Sei' lah. There is an error ,the cavalier is not Mal.Ch Loranka More Moments but Mal.Ch Riccaval Aphrodite. She looks ok but you should see the one I'm going to show at MIPE.Tongue

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 8, 2003, 5:17 PM

Post #9 of 56 (5030 views)
Shortcut

oh i see.... riccaval is your kennel name! Any story behind that name?

So which one are you taking to MIPE? He/She is going to be Mal Gr Ch? Cool

Riccaval
ALPHA

Mar 10, 2003, 8:47 PM

Post #10 of 56 (5006 views)
Shortcut
Re: [luckey] Prelimenary List of MKA Dog Shows for 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup, it simply stands for DerRICk's CAVALiers. Quite lame actually, what do u think? Mal.Gr Ch..hmmm
not so soonLaugh

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 11, 2003, 3:41 AM

Post #11 of 56 (4995 views)
Shortcut

hey that's a clever kennel name... better than our wildly original idea of "Chrisjenn" hahahaLaugh

Riccaval
ALPHA

Mar 18, 2003, 7:45 PM

Post #12 of 56 (4956 views)
Shortcut

Hi All,
This is what I got from MKA

Mar 15 & 16 - MIPE (Passed)
Mar 30 - Sabah (201 MKA ABC)
Apr 13 - KL (Breeds Champ Show)
May 10 & 11 - KL (202 & 203 MKA Int ABC - 1st and 2nd Eukanuba Cup)
June 8 - Johore (204 MKA ABC)
June 15 - Ipoh ( GSD & Rottweiler Sp. Show)
June 29 - Ipoh (205 MKA ABC)
Aug 17 - KL (2003 AKU-PURINA ABC show)
Sep 7 - Sabah (206 MKA ABC)
Sep 28 - Ipoh (207 MKA ABC)
Nov 9 - KL (208 MKA ABC)
Nov 22 - ??? (GSD Sp.Show)
Dec 13 & 14 - Penang ( 209 & 210 MKA ABC)

Subject to final Confirmation.
Happy ShowingLaugh

ricky
Enthusiast

Mar 18, 2003, 8:01 PM

Post #13 of 56 (4953 views)
Shortcut

woh derrick,Wink

thanks for your information.Seem this year more show going on. Enjoy Man !!!! Laugh
friendly,
RicKY

arthur
ALPHA

Mar 19, 2003, 10:45 PM

Post #14 of 56 (4930 views)
Shortcut

Hi Derrick,

Thanks for sharing this info. Really appreciate it. Time to mark the calendars!

Just one query..what is this "Apr 13 - KL (Breeds Champ Show)"? Is this a speciality show?

Rdgs Arthur

Riccaval
ALPHA

Mar 19, 2003, 10:56 PM

Post #15 of 56 (4928 views)
Shortcut

No problem man, I think the Breed Champ Show is only confine to a few breeds. I think the breeds involved are GSD,Boxer and Doberman and maybe Rotties.Smile

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 23, 2003, 6:43 AM

Post #16 of 56 (4898 views)
Shortcut

oh shame... was getting excited that we had another show so soon!

hey derrick, could you tell me a little more about importing a dog? Am thinking of importing one (not so soon, probably next year at the earliest) but i read in the mag that there is no quarantine from certain countries? When you brought in your new cavalier, did you fly with him, or did you get someone to pass him to the airline and meet him on the other side? thanks for the help!

Riccaval
ALPHA

Mar 24, 2003, 10:16 PM

Post #17 of 56 (4882 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jennifer,
I see the bug is begining to bite harder. Anyway its natural progression but first you have to ask yourself what is your purpose of importing a dog. We can discuss this separately.
Ok, as far as I know, dogs coming in from UK, Aust,NZ, Spore are free from quarantine. You can accompany the dog and fly in together or have your breeder do the shipping. You just collect the dog when in arrives. You will need to apply for a Import Licence prior to the shipment.
The important thing is to find a reliable and reputable breeder overseas. Preferably someone who is a successful breeder in their own country and have bred many champions. And also the type that you like. If they are well known and holds important position in the kennel club so much the better.
If you are looking for EC, UK have very good ones but bear in mind the exchange rate of Sterling.
Australia is easier on the pocket but I'm not sure of the standard of EC there.
If it is GR, I like the American type, but you have to put up with quarantine.
If you need further infor just shot.
Regards
Riccaval

Riccaval
ALPHA

Mar 25, 2003, 12:03 AM

Post #18 of 56 (4875 views)
Shortcut

jennifer, check this out

www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/breeders/cocker_spaniel.asp

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 25, 2003, 2:52 AM

Post #19 of 56 (4869 views)
Shortcut

Hi Derrick

Thanks for the help! Yes, the bug is beginning to bite harder and we haven't even won anything yet! hehe... Laugh well, actually, we're not looking to import a cocker or golden, but an aghan! hehehe... yeah we are mad. The only thing I am concerned about is how the afghan will get along with our two dogs, and also the amount of quality time spent with all our dogs (more dogs might mean less time with each dog). The afghan breeders I've been chatting with online assure me their dogs are of good temperament and afs can get along with other animals as long as they grow up with them.

But I've always wanted an afghan, and if we imported one, we'd want to show it. (We'd have to import, because no afghan breeders here in Malaysia and I'm looking for a show quality dog).

I still want to pursue showing with Luckey though... Even though she's a little bit big for her breed, I think she's a lurrrrvely specimen Tongue so will keep trying. But also want to do agility with her if MKA can get that started here in Msia.

Do you know any good Af breeders?

arthur
ALPHA

Mar 25, 2003, 7:08 AM

Post #20 of 56 (4861 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jennifer,
The only time I saw an Afgan locally at the shows was in Penang.. The dog is called MAL CH Calahorra Simply Superior of Rightroyale's. Import from Australia. Really lovely to look at epsecially with all that long flowing coat.
Rdgs Arthur
One thing though..the Afghan is ranked lowest obedience training! However, this is just a general list..

luckey
ALPHA

Mar 25, 2003, 8:13 AM

Post #21 of 56 (4856 views)
Shortcut

What color was that afghan? Havent decided which color to get if we do get one... one to match luckey and brinkle Wink hehe...

Yeah... been reading up on them, and that's the onethig that we're considering about them... also they are "hunters" who like to chase small animals... so a teeny bit worried that luckey falls under that category! Crazy Anyway, just sniffing around before deciding... what dya think? But they are really stunning though. Also quite pricey, as im finding out now!

arthur
ALPHA

Mar 25, 2003, 6:30 PM

Post #22 of 56 (4847 views)
Shortcut

Hi Jennifer,

The Afghan hound is of a golden colour...kinda like Brinkley's Smile! I recall he was very well trained to lay quietly on the grooming table with 2 fans blowing at him to keep cool while the groomer was blow drying his coat.. Really movie star treatment Wink!

Have you seen an Afghan hound move? I saw one on the Animal Planet where an Afghan hound won Best in Show at Crufts back in the mid-80s. Yup..really stunning!

Rdgs Arthur

Riccaval
ALPHA

Mar 25, 2003, 8:13 PM

Post #23 of 56 (4838 views)
Shortcut

Afghan eh!!.......Good choice. I think they are lovely dogs too, good temperament thats impt. Lovely show dogs. As Arthur rightly said, the only Afghan I've seen in Malaysia is own by Sue Yeap from Penang, and that dog does agility too. I think the name is Marco. I saw the dog doing the jump and it was like a flying carpetLaugh.
Have you talk to Khandhu Afghan of Australia. I think they have very nice one and they impress me the most. Check out www.geocities.com/Heartlands/Fields/9007/

Take your time and choose a nice one, dont rush into it and do plenty of research.
Cool

ffredlee

Mar 25, 2003, 8:13 PM

Post #24 of 56 (4838 views)
Shortcut

Wink Yipeee!!! I want to go...you know how seldom this event happen in Sabah. But I need full info, Where & when Crazy. If you can kindly supply the info, I shall definitely go...it's 30 Mac, you say, then it's this sunday. I need to know where.

Thanks for the info ok.

Riccaval
ALPHA

Mar 25, 2003, 8:19 PM

Post #25 of 56 (4836 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ffredlee] Prelimenary List of MKA Dog Shows for 2003 [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry Freda, I dont know the venue of the show.
Maybe you should contact MKA Tel: 77297822, 77292027 and find out.
Sorry Frown

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my