Mischievous peeing and poo

Anthena
New User

Dec 29, 2004, 2:13 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1102 views)
Shortcut
Mischievous peeing and poo Can't Post

Hi everyone,

Help!! I'm very headache with my Jack Russell puppy now. He's 7 months old and he has this terrible attitude -- he would pee and poo wherever he likes when he's not under supervision. Well, his symptom is that he knows where he's suppose to do his business (the toilet near kitchen), i.e. when there's someone around playing with him, he will walk to the correct destination, although we are at the living room.

However, when he is let alone/play by himself (even for short while), he just goes wild and simply does his business everywhere -- living room, the car garage, sometimes at the kitchen, which is already very near to his usual poo/pee place. And sometimes, when my maid is bathing in the toilet, and the door is locked, he won't control his poo/pee, instead he'll release right in front of the toilet Mad

Whenever he makes mistake, I will scold him "bad dog", he would then automatically run into the toilet (the appropriate destination) and give me that guilty look (though I know he doesn't mean it).

I've tried using the spray, but doesn't really work well cos it seems like he doesn't have a favourite place to poo/pee. My family members are damn pissed off with him and non-stop complaining to me. I work very long hours, so I rely on my family members/maid to take care of him during the day. Therefore, if any of you know some good tips or had similar problem, please share with me, I would be so grateful!!

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jan 3, 2005, 9:40 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1067 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Anthena] Mischievous peeing and poo [In reply to] Can't Post

it seems that your doggie a bit confused, have u ever praise him when he does his business in the toilet?

a. when do you scold him? after he pee ? or when he pee? always catch ur dog in the act so he will know what he does wrong instead of scolding him 2 seconds after cause he cant' relate. i prefer not to scold cause this means attention. pick him up after he pee and put him in the toilet and clean the pee quietly.

b. you don't expect the fella to hold the pee while the maid is in the toilet. maybe u should assign peeing place that is more accessible like grass outside the house or a specific spot. he know he is suppose to pee in the toilet but maybe cannot stand that is why he release in front of the toilet.

c. welcome to the pre-teenage years, don't be surprised if your JRT is behaving like this when he is very good when he was younger, plus u have a male and being territorial is part of the package.

suggest you re-inforce your authority, put him away and mop your whole house with vinegar so he can't find the same spot. then start training him again ie: going for pee after nap and eat. but i am wondering if this can also be a sign of urinary disease?

hope this helps!

IHeartShihpoo
Novice

Jan 4, 2005, 9:53 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1055 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Anthena] Mischievous peeing and poo [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you own a crate? I would highly recommend it in this situation. It seems like no one is really watching him at times, and this is a bad idea. Get a crate, and confine him to it when he is not able to be supervised. When he is out, make sure you watch his every move. Puppies are a lot of work, but in the end it's well worth it to have him potty trained. :D

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my