Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
My pup don wan to live in her house!

ally_py

Mar 3, 2003, 5:44 PM

Post #1 of 3 (804 views)
Shortcut
My pup don wan to live in her house! Can't Post

Please help me!

This is my 1st time having a doggie. I just bought her last saturday. At 1st, she live in her cage very quitely, but yesterday I give her sleep out side the cage and my bed, after that today she don wan to go inside her cage anymore. How I'm gonna take care of her? I need to go for work! Now is no body in the house. I try so many times to bring her back to her cage, but she cry. She's a very dorty girl. My kepala nak meletup liao lah!Mad and today I didn't go for work. She seems dunno who I am. How I'm gonna do??? Now she's sleeping under the small desk in my room. What should I do???Unsure ya, she also like to bite my hand and leg, why????Crazy

ginl
ALPHA

Mar 4, 2003, 10:14 AM

Post #2 of 3 (792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ally_py] My pup don wan to live in her house! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Dogs live on routine...when that routine has been changed, they get confused...when they get confused they will behave differently, in your case whine, cry, whine, cry....she was comfy with sleeping in her cage coz that's what she was used to...when you brought her onto your bed she got a taste of luxury, of course she'd whine once you put her back into her cage to sleep....i wud too if someone were to throw me a big hse, big car, 20 jack russell terriers and take it all away the next day Tongue

My dog used to be like that too....once let him into the bedroom and onto the bed, i said bye bye to cage sleeping lol...it was either that or i had to buy ear plugs and bear with the whining until he gets tired of it and realised that he isn't going to get what he wanted (and that cud be a looooong whining session)...in my case i was living in an apartment then so i chose to let him out.

So it's best you decide where exactly you wud like her to sleep...if it's in the crate then you'll hv to bear with the crying for awhile...if u let her out everytime she whines, she'll know by whining you will set her free...yes they are that smart Wink...leave some toys for her in her crate...best thing is to play with her before her bedtime to tire her out...then she'll hv a good peaceful sleep throughout the night Smile

cyphang
Canine Addict

Mar 5, 2003, 1:34 AM

Post #3 of 3 (782 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ally_py] My pup don wan to live in her house! [In reply to] Can't Post

It is not a very good idea to let a young puppy to sleep out of the crate if it's not fully housebroken (toilet trained). Bear with the whinging for a while (could be a few days or more), and like Gina said, the best way is to tire her out and then she will sleep easier.

Well she's just a baby. A human baby also cries. Do not expect her to think with the same mentality that you have. The key words are PATIENCE and LOTS OF PATIENCE. Wink
With warm regards,
CY Phang

Mummy of Sunnie, the happy, cheeky and naughty female shih tzu pup

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my