IN

Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
peeing while sleeping

barry

Dec 26, 2004, 1:49 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1092 views)
Shortcut
peeing while sleeping Can't Post

This is my first encounter on my dog is peeing while sleeping.Is there something wrong with her bladder or may be she's still young to control it(13wks old).Do anyone have any idea how this could happen?Tq

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jan 3, 2005, 9:45 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1053 views)
Shortcut
Re: [barry] peeing while sleeping [In reply to] Can't Post

very unusual, peeing while sleeping.

does she pees in her crate and you find it the next morning or you see her pee while her eyes close and she is sleeping? it's 2 different story.

if she pees in her crate, then maybe u need to train her if u want to make the crate her safe haven. for 13 weeks, it's not too young to be trained. some puppies are trained by the time they are 10 weeks. yours truly pup is housetrained at 9 1/2 weeks.

if she pees while her eyes is close and you see pee coming out from her, it could be urinary disease. check with your vet.

IHeartShihpoo
Novice

Jan 4, 2005, 9:50 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1039 views)
Shortcut
Re: [barry] peeing while sleeping [In reply to] Can't Post

It usually takes puppies up to 4-6 months until they could hold it in through the night. 13 weeks is still about 3 months, so don't be discouraged. I think your pup is most likely just peeing and then sleeping on top of it. You could take him to the vet just to make sure he doesn't have any bladder problems, though. My suggestion would be to buy a larger crate in which you could fit a cat-sized litterbox in the back and a nice pillow with a towel over it in the front. Line the litterbox with a newspaper.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my