First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Sep 20, 2003, 5:05 AM

Post #26 of 40 (899 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSD] shooooo-hooon??? (schH3) ????? [In reply to] Can't Post

HI PSD,

Just curious..... any idea how many Sch enthusiastic required to start a Club....!

Something similar like USCA / USA . . .! whaddya thk?

"Show me your dog and I'll tell you what manner of man you are."
(GSD Founder - Capt Max V Stephanitz)

PSD
ALPHA

Sep 20, 2003, 5:34 AM

Post #27 of 40 (897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Polluxx] shooooo-hooon??? (schH3) ????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Well Polluxx,

if you can get 4-5 enthusiast with the right dogs in your place should be be able to form a district/state club. All of you can then chip in the cost to get a trainer/advisor that will guide the club activities on weekly basis. This is much cheaper than personal training anytime.

When there are 2-3 district club then we can hold friendly competition to raise standards. Well this is of course IMO.

These private unoficial clubs can then lobby MKA for recognition or whatever they call it. What do you think?

PSD

"Take this trouble for me:
Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Rittmeister Capt. Max von Stephanitz (1864-1936)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 24, 2003, 3:29 AM

Post #28 of 40 (875 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Polluxx,PSD] shooooo-hooon??? (schH3) ????? [In reply to] Can't Post

hello polluxx & PSD,

read ur posts..interestingSmile

anyways, where are u guys from? I'll probably won't be able to get a good working dog any time soon(hv 4 dogs at home already...and they're really energetic...imagine the energy of a 6mth old german short haired pointer and a 1.5 yr dobe Tongue..the cocker mix and bullmastiff are nth) but...I really hope I could see ur dogs Smile maybe in action even better....
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

PSD
ALPHA

Sep 24, 2003, 3:47 AM

Post #29 of 40 (874 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RealityDreamer] shooooo-hooon??? (schH3) ????? [In reply to] Can't Post

RealityDreamer,

Wow! you are truely a dog lover there. Smile NVM about owning one go with your instinct. Most of the dogowners have proven themselves to be great with their pets when the get the puppies out of love for it. Owning a working dog is not a fad or kiasu thing that he have one so I must have also.Wink It is there to be a friend, a confidante and a good feeling that when needed will protect you at all costSmile

Nice to know such a loving petowner like yourself too. The honour is mine.Blush

PSD

Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim ."

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Sep 24, 2003, 5:20 AM

Post #30 of 40 (870 views)
Shortcut

Hi RealityDreamer,

Well u dun really a need a working line dog to do ScH, any dog will do (even mutt) as long as there is a reasonable prey & def drv or even food drv (good for tracking Sly) in the dog.

Hell ! I thk the FUN part is in the training & meeting other trainers to exchange idea/opinion.Tongue am I rite PSD ....Sly

I look forward to the day of seeing the ScH Club becoming a reality here & hopefully meeting u there as well.

Cheers ! Cool

(This post was edited by Polluxx on Sep 24, 2003, 5:22 AM)

Polluxx
Enthusiast

Sep 24, 2003, 5:36 AM

Post #31 of 40 (867 views)
Shortcut

Hi PSD,

Let's talk abt training for Sch , any idea on how to begin tracking training. Wink

Well I'm thinking of starting my pup in tracking (short trail ) followed by some drv works for grip (after tracking) during the weekend. Any advice ? ?

I did a short version (food-step tracking) sometime back wasn't too sucessfull so I gave up, like I say earlier he is extremely driven when it comes to food so he will just by-pass most of my steps (wt food). Any idea how to slow him down w/o supressing his drv. Crazy

As for grip works, having problem getting him to have a firm grip. Coz everytime when he sit in front of me he will drop the tug. I thk I overdid my OUT when playing fetch earlier when he is younger so now I'm Trying not to "OUT" him so much afraid he will start getting chewy....! Any idea to solve the above problem.....! Tongue

Thanx in advance !

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 24, 2003, 8:41 AM

Post #32 of 40 (864 views)
Shortcut

hello Smile

I think all of us here are doglovers...no exception here. Smile

As for the working dog, kinda hard to find one with the drive to please. My pets...except the GSP..work for treats...lol....due to my training. The dobe..I adopted he..so..I'm having a bit of difficulty training her..but she seems to hv some desire to please. So...working dog..bred fr working parents..hv more drive to please. As for the protection..pretty confident with my doggies.Smile

Great to know u too..Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 24, 2003, 8:49 AM

Post #33 of 40 (863 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Polluxx] shooooo-hooon??? (schH3) ????? [In reply to] Can't Post

hey there,

what I want the most in a working dog(besides what u mentioned) is a desire to please. Don't really want to train a Schutzhund dog with food treats..I mean once in a while..it's ok..but I do not want to depend on the food treats.

Smile I think ur right too. As for now... lol..I hv no idea on how to train Schutzhund...only a little in tracking. Will do some research after my exams..or if I'm free. I only know how to train obedience and some agility...and of course tricks for my amusement. lolWink
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

PSD
ALPHA

Sep 24, 2003, 8:27 PM

Post #34 of 40 (853 views)
Shortcut

RealityDreamer,

Someone or something may have confused you in this issue. FYI I'll be looking first for a dog with a desire to please before even start any other testing. If you see flashy dog with alert movements, tail hung high waving, ears standing, mouth gaping looking at the handler during heeling happily moving in synchrony........if this is not desire to please? I wouldn't want anything elseSly hee hee! Anyway what makes you form the opinion that working dogs have no desire to please?

Food is very useful for motivation training. We do use food for SchH work just that we weened them off with only occassional treet to enable them to work effectively. Imagine a police officer with his K9 doing patrol work with food treets in all his pockets....lol what a scene that would beWink

Anyway in SchH we uses a lot of food and prey items to put them into correct drives. For me personally I uses ball, all kinds of food, rags and even my leash which correctly used performed wonderfully. My reasons are simple. To put the dog into drives anytime and anyplace I want to, i need to be able to use whatever i have in my hands....even the humble leash if I have to.

If you eliminate food from training you will have to use other prey items and if you too eliminate those prey items you only have one choice to train which is through compulsions. This I don't like.

But you did pose a very good question there and I hope I had assisted your understanding. keep the questions up.

PSD

boon
Doggyman

Sep 24, 2003, 10:07 PM

Post #35 of 40 (847 views)
Shortcut

Hi PSD,

sure no problem, but u do not need to beg me lah.........hehehehTongue

Boon - I Love Fast Dogs That Hit Hard
You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Sep 24, 2003, 11:06 PM

Post #36 of 40 (841 views)
Shortcut

"FYI I'll be looking first for a dog with a desire to please before even start any other testing." erm...that's what I meant..Crazy

"Anyway what makes you form the opinion that working dogs have no desire to please? " huh....? I didn't say that...the reason I want a working dog is because of their stronger desire to please and work.. I meant "as for the working dog, it's hard to find a dog that has the desire to please" meaning...reagarding the issue of finding a good working dog...there aren't many dogs(not working..dogs in general)..so sorry for the confusion there CrazyBlush

CrazyCrazyCrazy

"Food is very useful for motivation training. We do use food for SchH work just that we WEENED them off with only occassional treet to enable them to work effectively. Imagine a police officer with his K9 doing patrol work with food treets in all his pockets....lol what a scene that would be"

that's what i meant.. Smile
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

(This post was edited by RealityDreamer on Sep 24, 2003, 11:10 PM)

PSD
ALPHA

Sep 24, 2003, 11:13 PM

Post #37 of 40 (836 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Boon RealityDreamer] shooooo-hooon??? (schH3) ????? [In reply to] Can't Post

RealityDreamer,

Smile words sometimes got lost in the translation process....lolLaughCoolCool

Boon,

I think I lost you there.....

PSD

boon
Doggyman

Sep 24, 2003, 11:33 PM

Post #38 of 40 (829 views)
Shortcut

Hi PSD

I beg you let me remain as PSD for now. Don't quite like popularity much. Prefer to be the caped avenger I think the girls like that betterTongue

Just send me a post here if you need me.

This is what i mean.Tongue

You Ask Me To Fight For You, I Give You Freedom & Protection And Then You Question The Manner In Which I Provide It, I'd Rather You Just Said -- "Thank You" --

PSD
ALPHA

Sep 24, 2003, 11:39 PM

Post #39 of 40 (827 views)
Shortcut
Re: [boon] shooooo-hooon??? (schH3) ????? [In reply to] Can't Post

Oooohhh! Smile

Boon, we will surely meet up one day. I just don't know when as I'm very tied up with plenty now. I assure you I'll keep my promise.

PSD

(This post was edited by PSD on Sep 24, 2003, 11:41 PM)

boon
Doggyman

Sep 24, 2003, 11:45 PM

Post #40 of 40 (824 views)
Shortcut

Hi PSD,

Wink no problem.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my