Husky Fans

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

sean

Dec 22, 2004, 8:58 PM

Post #1 of 27 (3985 views)
Shortcut
Husky Fans Can't Post

Hi everyone there, anyone own a husky?

I just get my husky puppy, it's a 2 months baby....

I wonder it can be trained for pee and poo as other dogs for it's too cool and keep ignoring ppl ....

Anyone who has an experience trainning a husky, pls give some comments.

thanks.

cheers,

sean

Cheers,
Sean

My furkids....
Jojo-GR[m], Bobby-BOXER[m], Gigi-ACS[f], Jewie-GR[f]

Please sign in SPCA petition for enhanced protection against animals in Malaysia.
www.catzmedia.com/spca/petitions/index.asp

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Dec 25, 2004, 7:57 PM

Post #2 of 27 (3970 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sean] Husky Fans [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

If you study a dog's drives and instincts,you can train him to do almost anything. Smile

Check out the training section,search the forum,or even the internet. Plenty of helpful resources.

All the best.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

carmensuki
Novice

Apr 10, 2005, 6:55 AM

Post #3 of 27 (3870 views)
Shortcut

Frown hiya sean! I owned a husky which bout 4 mths old now.As far as i know...husky breed is xtremely intelligent where u can train him easily. my nova boy knew his potty spot in 2 days. Now he knows how to 'sit' when u wanna feed him or just snacking time. Btw.Puppy.com does provide this agility and obedience training whereby i've registered nova under puppy class....u shud join too...affordable as well...tomoro wil be my 1st training...anything just drop me a post.
see ya~
~* NoVa & BamBam*~ <----My BabiEs

sean

Apr 11, 2005, 9:00 AM

Post #4 of 27 (3862 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carmensuki] Husky Fans [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there, glad that u become a husky member.... however it's sad to tell u that my husky (MAX) passed away already as it kena PARVO which is a very deadly virus. He is a real fighter, he fight till 6th day as normally dog gone within 5 days.

My husky was excellent in pee and poo, and this was trained while he was sick (he been sick after 2days i took him back).
When in vet, his pee and poo always face out the cage and never dirty his own place... he was an excellent dog pity that we can't keep him around.

I am in jb so not able to join any training course in KL, pity that.....
I owe 4 dogs now, which is golden, boxer, shih tzu and cocker...

The cocker was newly took in just a month, she seen like a bit slow in learning pee and poo... maybe been in cage too long as i bought it back from pet shop she already 5 months ++.
She refuse to p&p on newspaper, I got no choice but to bring her out to garden but still always miss and p&p inside the house, really headache.
What is the method u use so effective that can know the dog know where to for just 2 days time? It is great help that u can share with me.

Keep contact and take well care of ur husky, it's a great companion.

best regards,

sean

Cheers,
Sean

My furkids....

Please sign in SPCA petition for enhanced protection against animals in Malaysia.

carmensuki
Novice

Apr 12, 2005, 7:36 AM

Post #5 of 27 (3858 views)
Shortcut

Shocked how comeee how comeeeee!!! how come max will got this parvo thingy? isit the one in ur avatar pic noWW???? how old is he when he passed awayyy?

u must be reallllll sad lor hoR? oh my....im sooo sorry to hear det,,,im so sad for u!

pls tell me how to prevent tat?!

ive been hearing det dogs die easily nowadays...scary tho...

let me know ok...thanks

sean

Apr 13, 2005, 12:01 AM

Post #6 of 27 (3848 views)
Shortcut

He was starting to sick on the 2nd day i brought it back from pet farm... Starting was flu and cough, this make him very weak already. Has taken to 2 vets and make him very tired but refuse to sleep. We pay a lot of times to take care of him and finally he was recovered.

Just the 4th day after taking him back from vet, he started to diarrhoa and vomit... parvo starting with this and normally dog die of dehydration.
I called my vet and sent for check up immediately, and it's declared was parvo. The chance to survive is only 30%, vet asked us to be prepared and since he just recovered and the immune still very weak.

Parvo normally attacks puppy especially under 3 months, my husky called max which is just 2 months ++, the chance was slice.
We thought he will be gone on 4th day, however on 4th and 5th day he became better and seen recovering. We were happy that he gone thru this crisis.... who knows the next day which is 6th day vet called me told me that max was gone...

It's kinda unacceptable but we know he was too tired already....

This incident happened as the seller didn't really vaccinated the puppy but told us vaccinated already.
So must insist to get the proof that the puppy been vaccinated or buying from someone u know well....

I attached a file which took when my max still around....

Max.... in memorial....

Cheers,
Sean

My furkids....

Attachments: max.jpg (108 KB)

carmensuki
Novice

Apr 13, 2005, 10:07 AM

Post #7 of 27 (3845 views)
Shortcut

oh my....he is so cuteeee ler....oh gosh...well which pet farm u bought fr...so nex time we can aware of it...

well, when i 1st brought mine ...nova he wuz 3 mths....one time he got diar too...cos i took him to the park n then he nibbled sumting which its awful lar....lucki , then i gave him the med fast n recovered....dets y, the petshop fella advised me not to bring small pup out to park unless he has been vac 3 times.

so now how many dogs u havin?...

i saw the attachedment pic....he is so adorable...so did u bury him sumwhere or?

sean

Apr 13, 2005, 7:36 PM

Post #8 of 27 (3841 views)
Shortcut

I am from JB, what about u?

Got msn to contact?

I have 4 dogs now, which is Golden Retriever (3 years +), Boxer (2 years +++), Shih Tzu (nearly 1 yr), american cocker spaniel (6 months).

The husky we bury somewhere nearby my office...

I attached my golden and shih tzu pic for u ...haha... what about urs?

Cheers,
Sean

My furkids....

Attachments: joe&bb.jpg (122 KB)

carmensuki
Novice

Apr 14, 2005, 6:44 AM

Post #9 of 27 (3822 views)
Shortcut

hehehe niceeee dogs....ehehehe cute cute

well i had one silky terrier around 1 year plus now...and nova...my new baby hehehe 4 mths now

i havent got their pics in my new comp now maybe later k

im living at petaling jaya hehe...far fr u!

Toy
K9 Maniac

Apr 26, 2005, 9:37 AM

Post #10 of 27 (3793 views)
Shortcut

nice to meet husky fans here, im a husky dreamer! carmen, i really love the husky marking in ur avatar, is it ur dog? sean, dont be too sad abt ur husky, may i know whr u bought? so that i can be aware when im going to buy 1 in future.

carmensuki
Novice

May 8, 2005, 9:28 PM

Post #11 of 27 (3752 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Toy] Husky Fans [In reply to] Can't Post

hi toyyy.....oh yah i replied u in the other post...k...ehehehhe we shall chat there...see u !

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Jun 6, 2005, 8:17 AM

Post #12 of 27 (3708 views)
Shortcut

how much did you paid for you husky at jb?? me planning to get one in 3-4 months...so doing research now...kl still didnt manage to find one nice with marking and price...wonder jb cheaper or not?

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

petergeet
Novice

Jun 9, 2005, 11:47 PM

Post #13 of 27 (3694 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nicky_spykeaz] Husky Fans [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello Nicky,

Email me and I will send you some husky puppies photos. My email is gimran007@hotmail.com

carmensuki
Novice

Aug 2, 2005, 2:02 AM

Post #14 of 27 (3651 views)
Shortcut

hi hi...i know ur lookin for husky...now im selling my husky off cos im moving to a condo dets y im unable to keep it...selling price wud be 3k but negotiable....w/ certificate.attached is some pix of him. if interested pls contact me asap. 0123770268 Carmen Cheong. thanks

name-nova

breed- pure siberian husky

gender- male

age-7 mths

physical characteristics-perfect markings,bi eyed coloured-black+blue eyes
Attachments: IMAG1790.JPG (219 KB)

glng675
Ultra ALPHA

Aug 2, 2005, 5:16 PM

Post #15 of 27 (3636 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
how much did you paid for you husky at jb?? me planning to get one in 3-4 months...so doing research now...kl still didnt manage to find one nice with marking and price...wonder jb cheaper or not?

yours wan also look like Husky liao mahSmile

My Boxers ALBUM (Updated : 22/Mar/2005)

http://photos.yahoo.com/glng675

carmensuki
Novice

Aug 8, 2005, 5:43 AM

Post #16 of 27 (3595 views)
Shortcut

the offer for selling my husky is off by now...he wuz moved to a proper home by now...thanks petergeet...

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Aug 18, 2005, 8:07 PM

Post #17 of 27 (3573 views)
Shortcut
Re: [petergeet] Husky Fans [In reply to] Can't Post

petergeet how many huskies u got ?
me super crazy over huskies ehhehe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My pets~
http://www.geocities.com/cherrryspets/petz.htm

In Loving Memories,
Rex(10May08) & Benji(20Feb08)
http://cherryonacherrytree.multiply.com/photos/album/42/Pets

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

egnck
Dog Kichi

Nov 8, 2005, 8:49 PM

Post #18 of 27 (3449 views)
Shortcut
Re: [lovedoggies] Husky Fans [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey i am planning to get a dog soon and husky is one of them on my list. Can u guys please advise me on husky such as their maintenance on diet, health, ease of training ect ect. And also how to maintain their skin and fur. Are husky able to stand with our hot weather??? Thanks alot

lovedoggies
ALPHA

Nov 9, 2005, 1:51 AM

Post #19 of 27 (3440 views)
Shortcut
Re: [egnck] Husky Fans [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey egnck,

My husky got used to the weather here since a pup
but if u so happen to import an adult one from overseas, the weather change may be a problem
i have a wall fan for him, but that is not nessesary

they will shed once every few months,
so lots of brushing to get rid of those loose furs

they can be a bit stubborn at times, from my experience and observation from other huskies...
not that they will not listen to you, but only when they feel the need to please you
when there's food, or they're in a playful/good mood, etc

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My pets~
http://www.geocities.com/cherrryspets/petz.htm

In Loving Memories,
Rex(10May08) & Benji(20Feb08)
http://cherryonacherrytree.multiply.com/photos/album/42/Pets

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

babyeskimo
Novice

Dec 21, 2005, 5:18 PM

Post #20 of 27 (3332 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I wish to share my experience with all too. I got a husky, at 2 months and she hit parvo just under a week. She was vomitting and puking with such foul smell!! Fortunately, she is a stubborn girl and persevered. The vet was also very caring and luckily she got through.

I think that is the main reason why we should not buy from pet shops. I bought her from a pet shop in JB, she was with 3 other pups, not sure how they are doing.

Golden Warrior

Mar 7, 2006, 7:39 AM

Post #21 of 27 (3189 views)
Shortcut

Hi, U still looking for Husky? My fren got a batch of puppy and the marking was gd, you may contact me if you still looking for husky. My email derrick_lwc @ yahoo.com. 10s

~~ World will never be the same again ~~
~~ Tiger & Baby & Fire ~~
~~ Huskies ~~

sean

Mar 7, 2006, 9:22 AM

Post #22 of 27 (3185 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babyeskimo] Husky Fans [In reply to] Can't Post

It's really glad to hear that ur husky managed to get thru this.....

I bought my husky from a dog breeder in Taman Megah Ria, JB.... actually i think not a problem to buy from any place, just whom u buying from. Coz a lot of breeder just selling dog for money....

Which pet shop u buying from? I found that a lot of parvo n distemper hit dogs at year end, so i will recommend not to buy dog in this period unless u bought from a very responsible breeder.

We are organizing dog gathering this end of march, care to join us?

Cheers,
Sean

My furkids....

babyeskimo
Novice

Mar 7, 2006, 4:57 PM

Post #23 of 27 (3176 views)
Shortcut

It is not nice to name the pet shop here. Will tell you if I do see you in person.

Pls keep me updated, would like to meet some dogs! But Kiko has been placed home with my Mom in KL. My mom needs a dog too and she is getting too big for my apartment. Can I still meet other dogs? I found it hard to find dog friendly places in JB. I got turned away from Starbucks...

Kiko is growing up nicely, everyone says she looks scary with her light blue eyes. Only thing is she tends to be very rough, she runs and sometimes when she cannot stop on time, she rams herself right into the wall! He he!

sean

Mar 7, 2006, 7:26 PM

Post #24 of 27 (3165 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babyeskimo] Husky Fans [In reply to] Can't Post

wow.... u really something.... try to bring ur husky to starbucks....haha

Don't worry, even u didn't bring any dog, u r still most welcome to join....

Do u hv msn? so that we can chat online.

Cheers,
Sean

My furkids....

babyeskimo
Novice

Mar 7, 2006, 8:25 PM

Post #25 of 27 (3160 views)
Shortcut

Well... they are ok in KL if the shop is not too busy (i.e. weekdays) and you dont bring your dog into the shop, stay outside and behaves.
But I was alone so it was difficult that day.

Anyway, I dont have MSN, only Skype.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my