How can we help save our friends ?

Virgil Ang
Enthusiast

Dec 22, 2004, 6:00 AM

Post #1 of 4 (899 views)
Shortcut
How can we help save our friends ? Can't Post

How can we help save our friends

This is the story of a group of puppies whose plight and rescue were real, but who will now continue to exist in the minds of many as just having been pulled from a dumpster and still in desperate need of good homes ,where such pleas live on for years.

Beyond the time issue, most often e-mailed entreaties omit contact information, leaving the majority of those intent upon coming to the rescue frustrated in their efforts. This e-mail included several photos of the dogs, some displaying individual puppies, some showing the litter as a group though touched by the series of photos, those who would have opened their homes and their hearts to the dogs were hamstrung because they did not know how to reach the couple temporarily caring for the litter, let alone what city (or even what country) the dogs were in. There was little else to go on other than the knowledge that a design engineer named Maria was seeking homes for the group.

The entreaty to help find homes for the abandoned puppies was penned by Maria of California, on 28 April 2003 but wasn't intended for a large audience — she circulated it to only a handful of family members and friends. By the next day, all the puppies had found homes.

Yet the puppies' change in circumstance did not halt the spread of the plea to come to their aid. Maria's e-mail circulated beyond the small group she'd sent it to and was posted to the online community www.craigslist.org on 1 May, two days after the puppies' situation had been resolved. From there it spread farther, landing in one inbox after another as concerned pet lovers everywhere fretted over the fate of the young dogs pictured in the series of photos.
Many of the forwards had long since parted ways with Maria's contact information , but enough of them survived intact that she and her family have been inundated with calls about the dogs.

Those who continue to be moved by the sorry fact that these puppies were left to die should give serious thought to adopting other equally needy pets from their local shelters. That these nine found homes doesn't mean there aren't so many others who won't and who will instead be put down after waiting for loving new owners that never come along. I presume that SPCA/PAWS , each year up to 60% of dogs and up to 70% of cats that enter shelters will die because there is no one to adopt them. I feel that these critters weren't left in dumpsters doesn't make their plight any less awful nor their need any less great.

There are dogs and cats available for adoption and who need good owners every bit as much as the nine puppies did in SPCA & PAWS.

Question is : Why most people have the impression that dogs/Cats from SPCA and PAWS are

sick and unhealthy ?

Would situation changed if adoption taken place in puppy.com.my ?

Can puppy.com.my forumers help ?

The above also remind me of :

Will girlgirl be comfortably adopted if she were to be sheltered in SPCA/PAWS ?

Heartache !

chtay
Novice

Dec 22, 2004, 6:15 PM

Post #2 of 4 (879 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Virgil Ang] How can we help save our friends ? [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Virgil,

I share the feeling with you and I believed that a lot of members visiting puppy.com would like to contribute some help in a form donation or other ways. Like myself or other animals love will to the same thing, would like to know how to contribute some help and the organization name or address for viewers who has kind hearts to do part of the helping. As you know that not all people can adopt those lost home puppy or dogs but most people can help in other ways to prolong the life of these poor animals.

P/s I am new as puppy.com members maybe previous some information been inform.

TQ

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Dec 22, 2004, 9:22 PM

Post #3 of 4 (868 views)
Shortcut

One of the way that comes to mind is :

Do not breed. Why add on to the number of abandon furkids by being a breeder ourselves ?

cheers,
minglmy

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Dec 23, 2004, 3:06 AM

Post #4 of 4 (859 views)
Shortcut

i think its bcoz the dogs n cats there r strays... but i think the dogs n cats there r healthy coz its vaccinated(if im not mistaken) n also checked by vet... they r also better than the dogs n cats at petshop... if i'm living in link house or whatever house i'll definitely adopt a dog ... unfortunately, im living in stupid apartment, i dont mind living in apartment if im in hong kong or singapore but this is malaysia, we cant keep pets in apartment, but i dun care, i'll buy a dog soon... i have no choice, so i have to buy small breed dog...

there's so far no problem with my neighbours coz last year, there's a chinese man( now moved to a link house alread) keep ywo chihuahuas, n there's 3 malay family... they didnt complained n they even said that his dogs r cute !!! i guess its bcoz he is able to control his dog very well... i've never heard his dog bark before...

did u read The Star yesterday? about SPCA... over 30 dogs n cats will be 'put to sleep' everyday... n most of them r puppies... i understand why they do that... why dont they just spay/neuter the dogs n cats n then release them back? i know this is a stupid idea but.....

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my