Shih tzu - loosing her hair, very little hair on tail HELP

PerlaPR
New User

Dec 13, 2004, 1:00 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1362 views)
Shortcut
Shih tzu - loosing her hair, very little hair on tail HELP Can't Post

Hi
My dog has lost alot of hair. Mostly in her rear side. Her tail has very little hair. She has like a rash...pink skin in some areas. She also scratches alot.
I have noticed two protuverant bones at her back. Aligned or abo ve her pelvis. She tends to be more skinny in at the rear too

Might all this be related?? I took her to the vet and he told it was ok not to worry. Perla

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 13, 2004, 7:57 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1353 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PerlaPR] Shih tzu - loosing her hair, very little hair on tail HELP [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

My dog has lost alot of hair. Mostly in her rear side. Her tail has very little hair. She has like a rash...pink skin in some areas. She also scratches alot ... I took her to the vet and he told it was ok not to worry.

You dog has almost no coat/hair left on her tail ... has a rash and scratches a lot - AND your vet says that it is okay?!!??

I think you need to take your dog to another vet ... a vet who understands coat/skin conditions.

It does not sound like normal shedding to me - not if your dog has very little hair left on her tail, has a rash and is scratching a lot ...

You need to find a vet to run some tests on her to try and identify what is causing the coat/skin problem ... Please do not delay - the faster you identify the cause, the faster treatment can begin.

All the best

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my