Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Golden Retriever puppies

ericchang
Novice

Dec 10, 2004, 2:50 AM

Post #1 of 22 (3847 views)
Shortcut
Golden Retriever puppies Can't Post

Hi everyone, I'm new here. It's great to know that there's a site like this for us dog lovers here in Malaysia. What brought me here? Well, I'm a new owner of a wonderful Golden Retriever puppy. I've always wanted a Golden Retriever once I've settled down into a nice home, and after literally months of looking around, I finally got in touch with a responsible and ethical breeder, who shares the same, if not greater love for dogs than me. I've come across many breeders that may seem really professional and their puppies may 'look' great, but they lack the right principles and ethics as reputable dog breeders.

So, for those of you looking around for Golden Retrievers, those who are intent on providing the best for your little puppy, go have a chat with this breeder (send me an e-mail for her contact details), and have a look at her puppies. I think she has 2 or 3 more left in the litter.

It's not about champion bloodlines, it's about health & temperament. Do your research before committing yourself to a dog.

Dr Eric

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Dec 23, 2004, 7:40 AM

Post #2 of 22 (3771 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ericchang] Golden Retriever puppies [In reply to] Can't Post

i suppose you got your pup from either topgungoldens or kennels? how old is your pup right now?

but yes GR are wonderful dogs. hard to replace them i dare say.

ericchang
Novice

Dec 23, 2004, 5:02 PM

Post #3 of 22 (3757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] Golden Retriever puppies [In reply to] Can't Post

No, I know many would have assumed I got my puppy from one of the 'more popular' Golden Retriever kennels. I got mine from a lesser-known breeder, I don't know if you've heard of Jadans Ridge Kennel. My little boy is doing great, I couldn't be more pleased. He's primed for more advanced training as of now, although being only 3 and a half months old. The breeder, who's also a professionally trained canine instructor, has a training programme for all her litters, thus my puppy got his basics covered when I got him. That was just pure icing on the cake! That was one of the primary reasons behind my fondness for her litter.

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Dec 23, 2004, 6:02 PM

Post #4 of 22 (3752 views)
Shortcut

dr eric,

good on you. i have never heard of that kennel. 3 1/2 months...cherish it, they grow so fast!! Roxy is 5.5 months and yes they are absolutely smart. did you get him for more than RM2,000?

ericchang
Novice

Dec 23, 2004, 6:32 PM

Post #5 of 22 (3749 views)
Shortcut

Thank you kelsey. Roxy must be a real charmer.
I got my boy for less than 2K. Where did you get Roxy and who was her breeder?

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Dec 23, 2004, 8:49 PM

Post #6 of 22 (3735 views)
Shortcut

good deal, i got roxy from a breeder in penang.

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 23, 2004, 11:18 PM

Post #7 of 22 (3731 views)
Shortcut

Hi Eric,

Good to hear yet another new owner is happy about their new golden retriever puppy. Yes they are definitely angels and are just a wonderful companion for anyone.

I do agree that health and temperament comes first. On another note though, the criteria also depends on the purpose of getting a dog in the first place. If someone were to look for a dog in hope to win in conformation shows in future i guess yes it *is* about champion bloodlines most of the time. If the dog is to be trained to compete in obedience trials or agility then it is also about things like the drive of the dog.

I just want a four-legged buddy when i got my first golden retriever (now 4 years old). For a pet, i do think health and temperament comes first! He is just a great dog, which is what drives me to get another golden retriever puppy just recently :)

PS: i think you got a really good deal! basic training is even included? that is really something new. many wonderful days ahead with your new bundle of joy. Have fun!

drap
Novice

Jan 5, 2005, 3:41 PM

Post #8 of 22 (3633 views)
Shortcut

Hi Kelsey,
iam from Penang ,where u got ur GR in Penang,i been looking for one but still not satisfied.Can u give me their contack.mine is 04-8105459

In Reply To

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jan 5, 2005, 4:38 PM

Post #9 of 22 (3629 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drap] Golden Retriever puppies [In reply to] Can't Post

drap, check out this thread for a contact in penang.

http://www.puppy.com.my/...;;page=unread#unread

or you can contact bestoc kennels whose contact number is on this website.

kvyeoh
Novice

Jan 6, 2005, 1:33 AM

Post #10 of 22 (3597 views)
Shortcut

yeah....i am a new onwer of GR too...nice to meet u guys here...he's name magic. he is only 7 weeks old. Magic is great i love him so much. I am stay in condo. The problem is i still cant manage to get him do his bussiness at the toilet. Frown maybe need some time to train him. just got him for 2 weeks only. Any idea?

spiritualboy
Novice

Jan 6, 2005, 9:44 AM

Post #11 of 22 (3581 views)
Shortcut

eric,

nice to know you are a proud owner of a good GR. i'm wondering can i have the breeder's details and how can i contact her because i would like to get a GR too. The way u say bout her is hard to believe! hehehe. reply asap k?

[img] www.danasoft.com/sig/spiritualboy.jpg[/img]

ericchang
Novice

Jan 6, 2005, 5:17 PM

Post #12 of 22 (3568 views)
Shortcut
Re: [spiritualboy] Golden Retriever puppies [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi spiritualboy,

I think she has 1 more puppy left from the litter. Here's her contact details:
Ms. Chabbie 012-282 0852.
If you're calling her, and if the call goes unanswered just leave a message and she'll get back to you cos sometimes she might be in the midst of a training session. My boy is undergoing heel walk training right now with her.

Dr Eric

(This post was edited by ericchang on Jan 6, 2005, 5:19 PM)

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jan 6, 2005, 8:07 PM

Post #13 of 22 (3560 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kvyeoh] Golden Retriever puppies [In reply to] Can't Post

training your GR when you live in a condo. send me your FAQ..haha i have a GR who is now 6 months and have bene living in a condo with us since she was 8 weeks. general rule, always bring him to the same spot, if it's toilet, make sure it's always accesible for him. there are many housebreaking topic, do check them out. i have posted a few too. so you can do a search post on my nickname and see the topic, to type again hai yo...susah lah.

be patient, he will eventually get it. my GR does her thing at the balcony.

p/s - all those bitter apple spray, tabasco, vinegar, poo spray doesn't seem to work on our goldies, verbal training and sign language works best with mine.

spiritualboy
Novice

Jan 7, 2005, 7:52 AM

Post #14 of 22 (3539 views)
Shortcut

wow..thats good to hear, anyway,where is she located? i'm living in kajang and i'm worried bout transportation. She only breeds GR?

[img] www.danasoft.com/sig/spiritualboy.jpg[/img]

kvyeoh
Novice

Jan 7, 2005, 8:10 AM

Post #15 of 22 (3537 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Hi Kelsey,

Thanks for your info. i really appreciate. still need some help here. can u help me to solve the problem i lested below;

1. Did your GR when she is 8 weeks old that time she dont really eat much? Sometimes like dont feel hungry at all. Whats wrong? What food u serve her?

2. Did she eat her own poo poo after she finish doing her bussiness?

3.Which brand of diet u feed her now?

4.Did you face any problem now since she is big living in a condo and when you you take lift do the people will scare of her espeacially malays?

5. How often do you bring her walk now? Did you join the activity organize by puppy.com?

6. Personal question. hehe...what's she name? which condo u staying?

Really really really thank you so much.....spend u drink next time k. hehe..

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jan 7, 2005, 4:55 PM

Post #16 of 22 (3529 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kvyeoh] Golden Retriever puppies [In reply to] Can't Post

hello, here is my reply

1. Did your GR when she is 8 weeks old that time she dont really eat much? Sometimes like dont feel hungry at all. Whats wrong? What food u serve her?

when she was 8 weeks, she eats like an 8 weeks. you need to establish a schedule first. when you get from the breeder, how many times did he feed your puppy and what food? try to stick to the breeder schedule and food for the first week and then you can change her food. as for schedule, my pup was fed 3 times a day with treats and fruits in between. i fed her S.Diet (Lamb & Rice) for 2 weeks and then switch to Canidae. my breeder fed her eukanuba but she took the change quite nicely and didn't have diarrhea or anything.

2. Did she eat her own poo poo after she finish doing her bussiness?

no, she never actually ate her poo poo after she poop. but to stop this, maybe you can add garlic to her kibbles or clean it straight away lah. why let the poop on the ground too long, plus you are leaving in condo, sure you can smell it by 3 seconds.

3.Which brand of diet u feed her now?

right now she is doing on Nutro Choice Lamb & Rice as it has glucosamine & chondroitin for her joint. she don't really like it as nutro is too hard so i may change back to Canidae. she was on Canidae since she was 3 months till recently.

4.Did you face any problem now since she is big living in a condo and when you you take lift do the people will scare of her espeacially malays?

actually i refuse to bow down to all this ppl who are scared of her cause i have her on the leash at all times and my pup is trained to sit in front of the lift and not to enter until i give the command so and plus we will not get in a lift together with other ppl. so if another person is waiting for the lift with me, then i will let them go first. when we get in the lift, she is also trained to sit at the back corner of the lift. sometimes when the lift is going down, there will be ppl getting on it at different floors, but it's up to them to enter the lift. i have had some malay ppl in the same lift with me cause i think they also see my pup is well behaved and leash. the guards at my place also very supporting but i dont; let them near the dog.

5. How often do you bring her walk now? Did you join the activity organize by puppy.com?
i bring her for walks every day. if it rains, i will still bring her walk but just outside my condo and my pup will always be on leash. i dont want her to jump on ppl. she is very excited when she sees other ppl and children. so lucky she know sit stay and she will sit stay when she ppl but i know she is dying to jump on them as her tail is wagging like crazy. no, i "home-school" her myself, i have not sent her to any training programs by puppycom or MKA and it works just fine. i have been training her myself for the past 6 months.

6. Personal question. hehe...what's she name? which condo u staying?

her name is Roxy but my condo....come on...if you want to meet.come to the K9 day. i give you a few more tips.

Really really really thank you so much.....spend u drink next time k. hehe..

ericchang
Novice

Jan 7, 2005, 5:24 PM

Post #17 of 22 (3524 views)
Shortcut
Re: [spiritualboy] Golden Retriever puppies [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi spiritualboy,

Give her a call. She's in Kota Kemuning, if you have problems with transportation she'll probably work something out for you. No, she has Rottweilers as well, and extremely fond of them too.

Dr Eric

drap
Novice

Jan 19, 2005, 4:21 PM

Post #18 of 22 (3459 views)
Shortcut
Re: Golden Retriever puppies [In reply to] Can't Post

GUYS,

I JUST BOUGHT A GR YESTERDAY FROM A BREEDER IN PENANG.AFTER A LONG SEARCH FINALLY GOT ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ALL MY FAMILY MEMBER HAPPY.SLEEP WITH HIM YESTERDAY IN THE SAME ROOM.NOT ENOUGH SLEEP ANYWAY WAS VERY HAPPY,GUY AND GALS THANK U VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE INFO AND ADVISE ABT GR U PPL HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM.KEEP IN TOUCH.

ME PENANG LANG TOO.

jarjar
Novice

Jan 21, 2005, 4:15 AM

Post #19 of 22 (3425 views)
Shortcut

Hi Kesley,

Do you need dog license to rear a dog in condo? Any will MPSJ issue the license if one lives in a condo? Thanks.

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Jan 21, 2005, 5:20 AM

Post #20 of 22 (3423 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jarjar] Golden Retriever puppies [In reply to] Can't Post

ssshh, actually i read here dogs not allowed in condo wor but my condo is everyone dont care cause also many expats here. i don't live in PJ but KL so i guess they are less strict plus my GR is truly trained for condo life..heheh

good luck!

C.K.Lee
New User

Feb 12, 2007, 6:12 AM

Post #21 of 22 (2572 views)
Shortcut
Golden Retriever puppies [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Do u know any kennel have great GR showline at K.L?

C.K.Lee
New User

Feb 12, 2007, 6:21 AM

Post #22 of 22 (2569 views)
Shortcut

Hi.

Looks like u got a nice GR from penang. How much u bought it? and what behind line of your GR?

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my