hatonic03
Novice

Dec 9, 2004, 8:49 PM

Post #1 of 26 (1002 views)
Shortcut
Beagle or JRT Can't Post

Hi all,

Im new here..I decide to buy a puppy.

I heart people said Beagle is naughty, true or not?

I try to find the JRT also but is so hard to get it, until now also didnt see it sell at pet shop.

I like Beagle much than JRT.

Can someone tell me how the price of JRT?

I scare i cant effort it. Now still think and think.

Nic

MisterStan
Doggyman

Dec 9, 2004, 8:58 PM

Post #2 of 26 (997 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hatonic03] Beagle or JRT [In reply to] Can't Post

hello hatonic

welcome to the forum.. i have a beagle... beagle r very playful and hyperactive also... jrt's r not hard to find... i think jrt's price should be around beagle price also..

hatonic03
Novice

Dec 9, 2004, 9:53 PM

Post #3 of 26 (993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Beagle or JRT [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Henry,

May i know how much you spend on your puppy when u just bought it home? And how much u spend on your beagle monthly ?

Nic

MisterStan
Doggyman

Dec 9, 2004, 10:08 PM

Post #4 of 26 (992 views)
Shortcut

hello

stanley is me. henry is my dog... i bought it for around rm1500.. i am currenty feeding him nutro 7.5 kg, that cost around rm85, that can last for around one month lah.. didn't send him for any grooming so far..

hatonic03
Novice

Dec 10, 2004, 12:03 AM

Post #5 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Blushsorry Stanley..

Anywhere, how about the injection fees ?

MisterStan
Doggyman

Dec 10, 2004, 12:33 AM

Post #6 of 26 (981 views)
Shortcut

its ok. injection fees, my vet charges each vaccine jab rm30, in total 3 jabs. and heartgard, i buy is rm60. but the cheaper ones r rm55. heart gard r sold in a pack of 6 tablets..

ilovenba
Enthusiast

Dec 10, 2004, 12:54 AM

Post #7 of 26 (978 views)
Shortcut

i have a jrt, it's not hard to find, u cal always get it from the forum here or in the star newspaper. jrt range will be from 800-2000, depends on the bloodline. u can find some home breeder here for good price.

jrt are hyperactive nad needs a lot of commitment. u need to spend time with him. take him out to run around. be sure u are ready before u make any move.

nothing is imposible, it just looked that way.

ladee_m
Doggyman

Dec 10, 2004, 5:18 AM

Post #8 of 26 (968 views)
Shortcut

HI Smile

Welcome... hope u have fun here... wish u all the best in choosing ur future furkid...

If u were to ask me, Beagle & JRT both are about the same active... both are very hyper & have lotsa build in energy in them... Wink but all doggies to me are lil' angels... they are simply great to have... Cool

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

hatonic03
Novice

Dec 10, 2004, 8:21 PM

Post #9 of 26 (959 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladee_m] Beagle or JRT [In reply to] Can't Post

CoolHi all,

I bought a Beagle already, his name is MILO...

Haha, milo is very active and now he is 5 months old..

Nic

ladee_m
Doggyman

Dec 11, 2004, 5:00 AM

Post #10 of 26 (948 views)
Shortcut

Hi Smile

BIG WELCOME to MILO... congrats... hope u & Milo have many many wonderful times together... Wink

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

MisterStan
Doggyman

Dec 11, 2004, 6:36 AM

Post #11 of 26 (946 views)
Shortcut

hi hatonic

do post your pic of beagle so that i can see ekekekekeke.. looks like anotehr member added to the beagle list..

hatonic03
Novice

Dec 11, 2004, 6:31 PM

Post #12 of 26 (938 views)
Shortcut

Wink i will post milo picture as soon as possible....

MisterStan
Doggyman

Dec 11, 2004, 6:34 PM

Post #13 of 26 (937 views)
Shortcut

good to hear that.. hope to hear from you soon LaughLaughLaugh

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Dec 12, 2004, 7:01 AM

Post #14 of 26 (922 views)
Shortcut

Wow, finally got a beagle? Congrats!!! Congrats to you!!!! Do post Milo's pics soon... I also want to see hehehe....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

hatonic03
Novice

Dec 13, 2004, 3:54 PM

Post #15 of 26 (914 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Beagle or JRT [In reply to] Can't Post

who can help...

milo is barking non stop..when see people stop barking, when we out or not stay with him, his barking non stop.. how.... i got to work leh..

i dunno what he want...Frown

MisterStan
Doggyman

Dec 13, 2004, 7:41 PM

Post #16 of 26 (913 views)
Shortcut

hi hatonic

my beagle also like that, would bark if he do not see anyone... The solution is, either you put your beagle in play pen, or you bring him for a walk before you off to work;play with him. Do give him lot of toys to play with. do you kept your beagle in crate when you are not at home?

hatonic03
Novice

Dec 13, 2004, 8:12 PM

Post #17 of 26 (911 views)
Shortcut

Unsurei put him in the cage, when im out..

is it work if i buy the toy to him? i bring him out and play with him before i work ..

how...???

MisterStan
Doggyman

Dec 13, 2004, 8:19 PM

Post #18 of 26 (910 views)
Shortcut

hello hatonic

If you let your beagle roam your house, does he devastate things at home?

well, it might work if you buy him lot of toys to play with.... If you have no time to bring your beagle out for a walk, then you can just play with him at home..... Turning on the radio could help your dog, that he knows there is someone at home, rather than quiet.... LaughLaughLaugh

hatonic03
Novice

Dec 13, 2004, 8:25 PM

Post #19 of 26 (909 views)
Shortcut

im home also he will barking when i left him in the balcony .. he want to see people only stop barking.. last night i sleep at hall til his sleep only i can go in room... else his barking ...Pirate

i leave in appartment, so scare ppl will conplaint... huh~~~~~

i dunno he still barking or not now..... cos i go work liao...

MisterStan
Doggyman

Dec 13, 2004, 8:46 PM

Post #20 of 26 (906 views)
Shortcut

hmmmm... now this is a real problem, as the mentioned methods do not work ... hmm.. the best solution, would be, placing your beagle in a place where he can see you when you are at home, or you can just let him roam in ya house... but sometimes, you gotta be fierce, to ask him to be quiet..... but all he do is just to get your attention. if you spend some of your time playing with him, it should be alright.. he should stop barking, after you playing with him.. No dogs would love to be crated for long hours...

hatonic03
Novice

Dec 13, 2004, 8:50 PM

Post #21 of 26 (905 views)
Shortcut

im let him in house when i at home...

maybe i try to buy him some toys and make it stop barking when i go to work..

will post his pic soon...

MisterStan
Doggyman

Dec 13, 2004, 9:43 PM

Post #22 of 26 (901 views)
Shortcut

hello

just give it a try!!!! SlySlySlySlySly

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Dec 13, 2004, 10:06 PM

Post #23 of 26 (900 views)
Shortcut

Well, there are solutions... I have 3 puppies with me, all strays and different ages.... actually, pups want to be with someone or something like a companion... what I do is cage the pups and leave them alone for a day... they will bark and after a while, they will realise nothing will come if they bark so they keep quiet and sleep. So if your dog barks and you come ruching to hime and talk to him, in his mid he's thinking 'Great! I bark and owner will come. yay! I will do this everytime'

To make your dog comfortable being alone, get a toy with lots of holes... like those kong toys or any rubber toys for dogs that can be fuilled with some dog treats... put in his cage and let him play by trying to gte the treat out... I also hang a rubber bone using a string to make it swing hen he pushes it.... and on the radio if you like... maybe put a mirror next to him, a big one so he can see himslef, he will think it's another dog that will keep him company... try this, see what happens....

Try and ask your neighbours to give some time to you... maybe tell them in advance that today you will be trying to leave him completely alone so he will bark... Close the door behind you, don't look back and see what happens... best you do this during afternoon when eveyone is away...

Good Luck!

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

hatonic03
Novice

Dec 13, 2004, 10:43 PM

Post #24 of 26 (892 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Beagle or JRT [In reply to] Can't Post

I will try my best... hopefully today he will be bark enough... and know i need to work and no time for him in daytime...

Thanks a lot...

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Dec 13, 2004, 10:52 PM

Post #25 of 26 (890 views)
Shortcut

Ah, do your best, that's all... I'm sire he will learn... the puppies I have, we rescue them, now looking for homes for them. The 1st day, they bark like mad... later they realise that no matter how much they bark, I will not come... so now can say if they go to new owners, they can be kept alone and won't be barking for people.....

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my