First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Kowie
ALPHA

Dec 8, 2004, 7:59 AM

Post #1 of 56 (2480 views)
Shortcut
Make a BIG Difference Can't Post

Hi,

It's really good to see dog lovers who put their money where their mouth is and actively help out in any way they can. Last Sunday my partner and I made our very first trip to PAWS. Kinda' got inspired by all you wonderful people out there. Smile

It was both a heart-breaking experience and a heart-warming one. There were lots of adult dogs, most of which were kept in large numbers in an exclosed compound. There were the other dogs who happily roamed around and hid in the shade. We saw a few sad faces peering from behind bars. And then there were the puppies.

The nice old man at the office decided that we'd be safer (or they'd be safer? Laugh) just giving the pups attention as opposed to cleaning cages and stuff. Wink The older pups JUMPED out of their cages and literally clung on to us for dear life and putting them back in was a hell of a job!! One can only imagine the lack of attention these pups suffer from. Unsure Assuming the pups get most of the attention (coz' they are sooooo cute) what more the adult dogs? Unsure

Then we were unfortunate enough to witness a lady giving up her dog, Tiger. He was thin. So thin you could count his ribs. Frown Oh... And she had the cheek to look around for a new pup while she was there! Mad So if anyone out there is looking for a mixed breed dog who looks a bit like a GSD please consider Tiger. From what we saw... He deserves better than what he got.

The best part of the visit was seeing a family take home a beautiful black and white pup. If only the rest are just as fortunate.

The trip was a real eye opener and it sure as hell got me thinking... Maybe not all of us are willing to commit and sign up as members. Maybe we aren't all keen on giving up a few hours a week. Time out is indeed a rare commodity these days. But even if it's a once in a while thing those few hours and minutes of our time which we give to these animals makes a world of difference to them. A small effort on our part will make a big difference in their lives. Smile

Have a good day! Smile

Frown Kowie, Ah Kow & Whitie Frown

MisterStan
Doggyman

Dec 8, 2004, 6:24 PM

Post #2 of 56 (2457 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Kowie] Make a BIG Difference [In reply to] Can't Post

hello kowie

i went to PAWS also last sunday, follow my friend, as she wanted to adopt a dog from there...It is also my first time visit to PAWS.

When i stepped in to the Puppies Section, they were all happy to see me, especially 2 active pups in one cage, both were jumping here and there when saw me..

And then i walk to the bigger dogs the other side, there were 3 big compounds, the female compound, the male compound, and the spayed/neutered compound. The female compound is the nearest... As i approach, few dogs were running towards me in a friendly manner. Some of the dogs even like smiling to me... Some dogs are fighting also, being a bully and being bullied by others....

Then i approach to the back kennel, and there were some dogs there, min pin, spitz mix, 2 ecs-which 1 of them my friend adopted, daschund, and more. the spitz mix and a cute mongrel- mimi, plus the 2 ecs were beautiful. as my friend would shower the dogs, and due to jealously, the spitz mix attack the ecs and in defence, the ecs fought back.. there is nothing we can do as the ecs have to go back in, and the fight only last a while..

i think this is one of the reason why PAWS would not wanna shower the dogs 1 by 1.... If shower in groups, it's just like spraying water of these dogs, and not actually using shampoo.

Dr.Maha is really nice, i approach and asked him bout some dogs details/characterisitics, and he is happy to explain to me..

Then i went over to the cats section. And wow, there were lots of cats for adoption also, and nice/cute/beautiful color also.. And there is a section just for mother cats and kittens.. I think there were like 30-50 cats in one big cage.....
Attachments: ActivePups.JPG (30.7 KB)
  Mimi.JPG (20.9 KB)
  Spitzmix.JPG (23.2 KB)
  SmilingAtMe.JPG (33.3 KB)
  ECS.JPG (27.7 KB)

Kowie
ALPHA

Dec 8, 2004, 7:09 PM

Post #3 of 56 (2445 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Make a BIG Difference [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi!

It's really a great thing your friend adopted a dog from there. Smile Saw the ECS, the min pins and the dashund. All look so sad. Glad one of them found a good home. Smile

Hopefully more people will go over to lend a hand so all the animals can get some affection. Smile

MisterStan
Doggyman

Dec 8, 2004, 7:29 PM

Post #4 of 56 (2442 views)
Shortcut

yeah, hope more of these dogs will be adopted..

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Dec 9, 2004, 2:14 AM

Post #5 of 56 (2408 views)
Shortcut

HI Kowie,

Well said.... sometimes during working hrs (last time lar) I curi tulang and go to PAWS just for a 30 mins walk with the doggies and give them some belly rubs and some cash donations....

nowdays, I do not go as much as I wud love to.... due to restriction of time and clearing some stuff in my house. Its heart breaking seeing the poor doggies, puppies, kitten and cats there but like u saw, there is some good too when u saw the some of them got adopted at the end of the day.

FrownFrown Good job girl ! FrownFrown

cheers,
minglmy

Kowie
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2004, 2:56 AM

Post #6 of 56 (2398 views)
Shortcut

Yep. Most of them are very cute Smile and they just seem to be dying to please. How's your friend's new ECS settling in? Smile

Oh... The pic you posted titled "activepups", the lighter coloured one was a bit shy. Dare not come out of the cage but act like damn "terror" in the cage. LaughLaugh So cute!!!! The other one very, very manja. Smile

(This post was edited by Kowie on Dec 9, 2004, 3:04 AM)

Kowie
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2004, 3:02 AM

Post #7 of 56 (2395 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] Make a BIG Difference [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi! Smile

Hahaha!! Lucky your boss never catch you curi tulang ler.. Tongue Can see why you did lah. Wink It's very relaxing to spend time with them yah. Smile Good way to destress and help out at the same time. Wink

Hmmm... I dunno lah but from what I read, I'm not to keen to give cash donations. Unsure I'd rather give stuff I know people can't put in their pockets. WinkTongue Dunno which side to believe and don't intend to get mixed up in the politics of it. WinkAngelic

Wanted to take all the dogs home... Blush Hehe...

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Dec 9, 2004, 3:09 AM

Post #8 of 56 (2390 views)
Shortcut

hehehehehe, dun think they read the forum now though LOL or else die man.... SlySly curi tulang word there BIG BIG ! not an easy feat curi tulang for 30 minutes but oh well, its time well spend.

As for the money I have donated... not sure what they did with it but gave it with my heart open. There is few times whenever I got those free doggie kibbles packet that is not suitable for my 3 kids, I will keep it and then go to paws and give it to them and let the puppies have a go at those kibbles lor but at times feel sad lar coz not enuf to feed / share with all the pups though.

That is one simple way also collecting kibbles sample from places and bring it over to the pups. Last time always get a lot esp when u go for events, carnival n etc.... otherwise buy some pedigree kibbles lor.

cheers,
minglmy

MisterStan
Doggyman

Dec 9, 2004, 3:22 AM

Post #9 of 56 (2382 views)
Shortcut

hello kowie

the blue raon ecs is very happy. at least the blue raon ecs is living happily in her house then in the pound...

Kowie
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2004, 6:13 AM

Post #10 of 56 (2379 views)
Shortcut

Hahaha!!! LaughLaugh *pertending to be illeterate* Curi tulang??? Where wor??? AngelicLaughLaughLaugh No bad ler can manage 30 mins. Respect! Wink

Yep.. I gave some newspapers, shampoo and chewy treats lah. Even though what we give can't benifit all of the dogs also ok lah since some of them get to enjoy it. Smile And only the animals get to enjoy it! TongueAngelic

Yeah... Maybe next RDO if they give out samples we can have a donation box for people who don't want the samples and we can recycle them and give the dogs in PAWS. Smile Better than people take home and their furkids fussy and refuse to eat. But don't know if the sponsors would like it or not... Hahaha! Tongue

Kowie
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2004, 6:15 AM

Post #11 of 56 (2377 views)
Shortcut

Smile Good to know. The ECS is lucky to have found a good home. And your friend is lucky to have such a wonderful companion. Smile

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Dec 9, 2004, 6:46 AM

Post #12 of 56 (2374 views)
Shortcut

Sponsors like or not dunno lar ... but some come and take n take only but dun let the furkids eat or furkids canot eat one... so better give to the needed rather than waste lor.

Sometimes I tak malu during those fairs n etc... i just go n take the samples n bring to PAWS aje.... hehehhee, i figure since they are giving out anyway, no harm letting me take some to help out the doggies in PAWS Frown

cheers,
minglmy

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Dec 9, 2004, 7:42 AM

Post #13 of 56 (2365 views)
Shortcut

Kowie.. thumbs up for you for making time there...

It is "magical" when you touch the pups and pat on the heads of the big dogs.. spending time, sitting there.. talking to would be adopters for the pups and dogs.., cuddling the pups.. when you do all these things, your heart warmeth and a joy will encompass you all because of LOVE.

Needless to say, it is sad that we can't take all the pups and dogs and so sad to see thier "appealing faces" saying Pse take me home .... but all we could do there is spend time with them and feel for them and of course, donate food,etc etc... and convince ppl to take the pups from there..

I remember one man took a big look like siberian husky back.. i made friend with his daughter and we all just chatted so happily. It was so good to see one furkid adopted after another...

I am looking forward to go there again..

PIPIMOM

Kowie
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2004, 7:55 AM

Post #14 of 56 (2363 views)
Shortcut

True lah.. but you know lah the sponsor's main aim is you let your furkid try then continue to support their product not for people like us to get one time "support" for their freebies. BlushLaughLaugh

Nothing to be malu about what. Wink It's all for a good cause but of course there will be people who will judge and mistake the reason behind your actions for greed. Unsure But heck it! WinkTongue

Yep... I think the dogs at PAWS might have more appreciation and savour the treats more than some of our pampered kids. BlushTongue Ah Kow just gobbles everything down... Dunno whether she even gets a chance to taste the food... Unsure Everything is like a magic show... *Woosshh* All gone. UnsureLaugh At least Whitie takes time to eat slowly like she's really enjoying it... Maybe that's coz' she had experience from SPCA?

Kowie
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2004, 8:04 AM

Post #15 of 56 (2358 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PIPIMOM] Make a BIG Difference [In reply to] Can't Post

The is for everyone who has made the effort to go there and contribute. Even more so for those people who have become regular volunteers. POWERRR!!! Cool

Yeah... Visting there is such a paradox of emotions. FrownSmile

Yes, it seems that experiences like that bring out the best in people. Most of them anyway. Tongue We're looking forward to going there too. Hopefully can find the time to. Wink

Adopting from a shelter is a wonderful thing. Maybe not everyone realises this. I didn't fully appreciate this until I adopted my furkid from SPCA. Upon reflection I realise no one can completely appreciate the potential amount of love, joy and affection they can bring into our lives. It is only now that I see that I wouldn't be this happy if not for her. Smile

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Dec 9, 2004, 8:13 AM

Post #16 of 56 (2357 views)
Shortcut

Dear Kowie..

Well said ! well said! For my two furkids I did not adopt from shelter homes.

The first was just "pushed" to me to take care until the person find a home or rather a mommy.. when I took care I fall in love with the 3 week old puppy.(PIPI) The the "romance" took off from there. It was full of joy and an experience that I will not forget.

The second furkid was adopted by me cos the owner wanted to let him be a stray (just because he wanted to shift to condo and his gf did not want Brownie to follow ) So PIPI and Brownie became brother and sister but now I left with Brownie because PIPI had gone to Rainbow Bridge on june 27th.

That is how I become so committed to doggie world.. It was my PIPI who taught me unconditional and pure love.

Let us all together with others bridge the gap between these lovely furkids be it kittens or dogs to other people who heart have not been touched by this "love".

PIPIMOM

Kowie
ALPHA

Dec 9, 2004, 8:53 PM

Post #17 of 56 (2328 views)
Shortcut

My deepest condolences. I know how hard it is to lose a furkid. Had a few cats move to the 'Rainbow Bridge' myself. Sure cry until there's no more tears to cry. Frown Can't even bring myself to think about the day my 2 kids make a move there also. Frown

At least you still have Brownie. Smile You can lavish all your attention on her (or him? BlushBlush) and in return she/he can do the same. Smile No worries about fighting for attention or being fair. Wink My kids always fighting for attention Unsure and have to be very fair when it comes to giving treats. SmileTongue Scared the other fella feels left out.

Smile Yep. It's a wonderful thing to share. Who doesn't love doggie kisses and wagging tails? Smile Can't forget about the adorable kittens with attitudes too. Wink

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Dec 10, 2004, 6:03 AM

Post #18 of 56 (2315 views)
Shortcut

hi kowie

Life goes on.. Brownie(he) is getting adorable each day too.

My love to your furkids too and hope to meet you at paws one day..ahhahh

PIPIMOM

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Dec 10, 2004, 6:22 AM

Post #19 of 56 (2312 views)
Shortcut

Got lar, got support their food stuff also just maybe not kibbles exactly Tongue but can food got what ! hehehehe

I support them they support me also Wink some will think: this girl nuts ar .... take so much freebies ... damn kaisu or like u say...so GREEDY one !!!

Mocha tends to be very sensitive to food so I'm more careful in giving her kibbles by different sponsors lor. Couple with I see it as 1 small pack I doubt that can see much differences. Most of the time gotto buy the smallest pack to really try out the kibbles suitability for our furkids.

Wud prefer to keep the sample pack to PAWS ... sikit sikit also got kibbles to makan for the puppies at the very least better than never tried it b4 in their poor life.

cheers,
minglmy

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Dec 10, 2004, 6:49 AM

Post #20 of 56 (2305 views)
Shortcut

dear mocha and summer's mom

i think I saw you & summer from afar last Sunday. Summer did ran like a mousedeer...

That is my Brownie ... but not pure breed min. Still love him. lah..

PIPIMOM

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Dec 10, 2004, 5:16 PM

Post #21 of 56 (2288 views)
Shortcut

Hi Brownie's mummy !

Yea I did see a BIG brown minpin.... so i guess that's you ! You are under whose class ? loving a dog does not take breed into considerations ... so dun worry !

cheers,
minglmy

kathleen.tay
Canine Addict

Dec 11, 2004, 12:27 AM

Post #22 of 56 (2262 views)
Shortcut

Hi !

Know what you feel. When I bought some treats and brought it there. I ended up got surrounded and some even happily do tricks like stand on two feet to get closer and all my clothes got new design... the PAW print design... hehhehe...

Trying to go there tomorrow morning ... anyone care to join ? maybe around 9.30 to 10.00 am
A Dog Never Lies About Love

Kowie
ALPHA

Dec 11, 2004, 3:39 AM

Post #23 of 56 (2246 views)
Shortcut

Hi! Smile

Didn't know he was a min pin X. Smile He sure has min pin ears! Laugh I'm sure he keeps you busy with his antics. Wink

Yep! Hope to see you there. We're trying to make it a point to go once a week or at the very least once every forthnight, if time permits lah. Smile Lots of hugs ang kisses to Brownie! Smile

Kowie
ALPHA

Dec 11, 2004, 3:46 AM

Post #24 of 56 (2243 views)
Shortcut

Hehe... I don't support their stuff lah.. Both kids on BARF. Smile So poor me got to wrestle with dead chicken bits once a week. CrazyUnsure But can PRETEND to support their stuff and load up! LaughLaugh

Yep. Both my kids also. If the food doesn't agree with their stomach... Die lah me.. Crazy Lao sai like watery curry. Crazy True lah.. Can't see and diff until maybe a week or so of changing food. That's how they con us into buying their products. Had experiences where my kids refused to eat.. So whole bag wasted lah. Unsure Quite a financial risk. Laugh

Yah lah... Whole life only eat brown rice and dunno what can food. Kinda gross to see them prepare the food, flies all over. But I guess no choice lah.

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Dec 11, 2004, 5:00 AM

Post #25 of 56 (2238 views)
Shortcut

It's Mr Choy.

C u and will catch up with you.!

PIPIMOM

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my