MINI BOXER???HELP!!!

babegal
Novice

Nov 30, 2004, 10:22 PM

Post #1 of 13 (3410 views)
Shortcut
MINI BOXER???HELP!!! Can't Post

HI!!

Last week, i went to a breeder place to look for a boxer...but, when i got there, i found out that one of the boxer pups is smaller than the usual size...the pup is oledi 4 months but the size is still small...Crazy

then, i asked the breeder and he said that pup is different litter from the rest...all his siblings are sold...

what the normal size of the a 4 months boxer pup??? and how much does a boxer cost???

thx.....Unsure

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Dec 1, 2004, 1:38 AM

Post #2 of 13 (3398 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babegal] MINI BOXER???HELP!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

A good breeder would let you see the parents of the puppy. If he doesn't let you see the parents then you can just walk away and find some other breeder. It is also good to see other puppies too. If the pup is 4 months and looks small, it could be under nourish or maybe stunted growth or a small bone dog....

I can't tell if the how big the pup will be unless I view it myself lah. I already have 2 boxers, the price is from RM1200 above.... the price also depends on where you get it... if homebreeder, it's cheaper. If show breeder, price is high but you'll get a good quality puppy. If you get from puppy mills or back yard breeder, your chances of getting a good healthy puppy is very low.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

babegal
Novice

Dec 2, 2004, 6:34 AM

Post #3 of 13 (3381 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] MINI BOXER???HELP!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi...crazymouse_yyh!!!

i saw the parents and their sizes are not so big....

u bought for 1200???with mka cert???

he is selling me 800 without mka..but the marking is quite nice....is it too expensive??? where do u get urs from??

thx a lot...

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Dec 2, 2004, 6:43 AM

Post #4 of 13 (3379 views)
Shortcut

My boxers are both RM1000 and RM1200. One's sire is a well-known champion. The other is more expensive coz his markins are nice. Both dogs come with MKA.

Rm800 is not bad, no cert also nevermind lah as long as it looks like a boxer to you. He won't be as big as normal boxers coz of his slender bone lah.

Both my dogs are local. One brindle and one is fawn. You can see their pictures in my yahoo photo album.

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

glng675
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 3, 2004, 1:29 AM

Post #5 of 13 (3366 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

4 months puppy should be around 10kg lar coz I have 2 puppies now is 4 months old.

small bone also can be large size when adult time. But need more extra care about them especially on food. Otherthan dogfood, you have to feed them with multi-vitamin & menerals until this puppy is around 9 months. This is the time start to feed them good things. otherwise too late liao.

But Boxers with small bone, they are limited to show you their nice outlook. unless you have to give them more exercises while they are 6 months & a bove. After 9 months, almost the outlook are fixed.

If you just need a Boxer as a pet & able to guard your home, the it is doesn't the matter.

My Boxers ALBUM (Updated : 22/Mar/2005)

http://photos.yahoo.com/glng675

vinkuan
Enthusiast

Mar 26, 2005, 4:23 AM

Post #6 of 13 (3198 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glng675] MINI BOXER???HELP!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, Glng,

What are the minaral & vitamin you gave to your dogs?? I only give dog food...and just bought gorden some milk powder few days ago. But seems like he dun like it...Pirate

===================================

Photos.......(Last Update- 08/09/05)
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gordenthebox/

PSY
K9 Kaki

Mar 26, 2005, 7:18 AM

Post #7 of 13 (3186 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vinkuan] MINI BOXER???HELP!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

food huh, about 1,000 mg of vitamin c (get those with just vit c) for joints, chicken neck, raw if possible if not half cook. Hey, you will have great dog. Oh, Vit C once every two days, chicken neck once or twice a week, everytime two necks at a time with his meal and instead of milk, yoghurt, non flavoured type or natural, everyday if possible.

(This post was edited by PSY on Mar 26, 2005, 7:21 AM)

glng675
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 26, 2005, 6:15 PM

Post #8 of 13 (3173 views)
Shortcut

I feed with small amount for B+E, then C & calcium and eggs.

If u feed with chicken neck as per PSY said then calcium may not necessary. But please avoid to feed with sharp bone coz gorden still a small puppy. I suggest to feed bone while he is 6 months & above. Dun feed too much vit also coz he may get fever!

Gorden just a 3 mths old puppy, feed with puppy food (puppy food oredi with vit + minerals) + small amount of vit is good enough oredi. But start from 4 ~ 9 mths, u have to really jaga him coz these periods is a critical period to decide Gorden whether can be a excellent performance Boxer!

vinkuan
Enthusiast

Mar 27, 2005, 7:00 AM

Post #9 of 13 (3165 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glng675] MINI BOXER???HELP!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I feed with small amount for B+E, then C & calcium and eggs.

If u feed with chicken neck as per PSY said then calcium may not necessary. But please avoid to feed with sharp bone coz gorden still a small puppy. I suggest to feed bone while he is 6 months & above. Dun feed too much vit also coz he may get fever!

Gorden just a 3 mths old puppy, feed with puppy food (puppy food oredi with vit + minerals) + small amount of vit is good enough oredi. But start from 4 ~ 9 mths, u have to really jaga him coz these periods is a critical period to decide Gorden whether can be a excellent performance Boxer!

Sorry for this stupid question...how you cook the eggs?? Or just let him have it without any cooking?? Unsure

glng675
Ultra ALPHA

Mar 28, 2005, 2:53 AM

Post #10 of 13 (3157 views)
Shortcut

I feed them raw egg. Of course u can feed Gorden boiled egg...but raw egg is better.

vinkuan
Enthusiast

Apr 19, 2005, 6:09 AM

Post #11 of 13 (3114 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] MINI BOXER???HELP!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi,

food huh, about 1,000 mg of vitamin c (get those with just vit c) for joints, chicken neck, raw if possible if not half cook. Hey, you will have great dog. Oh, Vit C once every two days, chicken neck once or twice a week, everytime two necks at a time with his meal and instead of milk, yoghurt, non flavoured type or natural, everyday if possible.

Hi, I just read some other boxer forum, and they do mention about chicken neck, but seems like they are giving all raw chicken neck instate of normal kibbles of the meal. And non actually mention what we need to do with that? Shall we chop it?? or place in food processor 1st?? Or just go and get the chicken neck from the Pasar will do?? What about the chicken skin?? Will the chicken neck bone harm a 4 months old puppy?

I read some article and they mention not to mix raw food and kibbles together. Since that they digested at a different rate. (they just mention not to do this, but never tell what's the result) How true is this?

Please advice. Sorry if my question are too stupid. Unsure

PSY
K9 Kaki

Apr 19, 2005, 6:37 PM

Post #12 of 13 (3101 views)
Shortcut

Hey my friend,

No such thing as stupid question, just how and when you ask them. As for me and some K-9 crazy buddies of mine, we do it this way. Chicken raw ok, if not when water comes to a boil turn the fire off and put two or three neck in it and let it cool, then give it to our friend as a snack (which is really is a big no - no) or just mix it with his keeble. Do this two to three times a week as too much neck, I find will harden the stool. The days you are not giving neck try a tablespoon or two of natural yogurt, hey that is it. Chicken neck you can get it at the market, rip the skin off or you can get it at "golden chicken" translate to BM, you should be able to work out who. That is it. No matter how much you care and love your dog, remember it is a dog so digestion....not to worry, just consider what actually happens in the wild.

vinkuan
Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2005, 3:55 AM

Post #13 of 13 (3093 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PSY] MINI BOXER???HELP!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, PSY

Thanks !!! Cool

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my