Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: General: Chit Chat:
1st Batch OB Training Examination Best Wishes !

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Nov 28, 2004, 6:47 AM

Post #1 of 16 (714 views)
Shortcut
1st Batch OB Training Examination Best Wishes ! Can't Post

To All the 1st batch trainee who is going for the exams tomorrow, Frown

GOOD LUCK and ALL THE BEST 2molo !!! Frown Frown

Gosh, I'm in a state of panic right now Unsure LOL ! Seems that the owner is the one who is more 'kan cheong' than anything !!! Laugh Laugh

*Cross my finger and wish for the best* Frown

FrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrownFrown

cheers,
minglmy

(This post was edited by minglmy on Nov 28, 2004, 6:47 AM)

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Nov 28, 2004, 7:42 AM

Post #2 of 16 (707 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] 1st Batch OB Training Examination Best Wishes ! [In reply to] Can't Post

minglmy

where is it held? and what time. Is it open to pubic? can bring dog there or not? I see if I can go with Brownie.. naughty mimpin..(yesterday he wriggle out from his harness body and ran like mousedeer... only went in when open the car door .. sighhh!! a relief when he jumped into the car ...)

Tq

pipimom

Khoobg
Webmaster / Moderator

Nov 28, 2004, 5:05 PM

Post #3 of 16 (697 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PIPIMOM] 1st Batch OB Training Examination Best Wishes ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Map at http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/map.html

It will be held in Taman Desa Community Park. All are welcome. Please bring along some plastic bags so that you can clean up after your dog just incase he poo.

Dog Obedience and Agility - http://www.puppy.com.my/ob/
Events' Pictures - http://www.doggie.com.my
Online Pets Memorial - http://www.rainbowsbridge.com.my

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 28, 2004, 5:31 PM

Post #4 of 16 (693 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] 1st Batch OB Training Examination Best Wishes ! [In reply to] Can't Post

good luck good luck!!!!!! i also very kan cheong.... my hands hands hands are shaky shaky shaky, because i am feeling kan cheong now...... TongueTongueTongueTongue

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Nov 28, 2004, 6:20 PM

Post #5 of 16 (690 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] 1st Batch OB Training Examination Best Wishes ! [In reply to] Can't Post

All the best ya ! Smile

cheers,
minglmy

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Nov 28, 2004, 11:50 PM

Post #6 of 16 (679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Khoobg] 1st Batch OB Training Examination Best Wishes ! [In reply to] Can't Post

khoobg

Tq. I will make an effort to be there next week. Looks like this week, i miss the time. I might register and sign up there as well.

rgds.

PIPIMOM

happytux
Dog Kichi

Dec 8, 2004, 12:18 PM

Post #7 of 16 (639 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PIPIMOM] 1st Batch OB Training Examination Best Wishes ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi.. wondering what's the OB training examination like in Malaysia?
Happytux

MisterStan
Doggyman

Dec 8, 2004, 6:26 PM

Post #8 of 16 (638 views)
Shortcut
Re: [happytux] 1st Batch OB Training Examination Best Wishes ! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi happy tux

the Obedience training is divided into several levels - puppy/basic/prenovice/novice, etc

For puppy & basic, owner's will be tested on command -

sit,down,stay,sit-stay,down-stay,recall,stand,

happytux
Dog Kichi

Dec 9, 2004, 6:49 AM

Post #9 of 16 (617 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] 1st Batch OB Training Examination Best Wishes ! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi.. thanks for the info. are the obedience exams regulated by some sort of "eaxm board"? Over in North America, most classes are regulated by the obedience school you attend with you dog. Then, when you want to get a degree, it will be regulated by a formal body.. Is this how it works in Malaysia?
Happytux

MisterStan
Doggyman

Dec 9, 2004, 7:23 AM

Post #10 of 16 (616 views)
Shortcut
Re: [happytux] 1st Batch OB Training Examination Best Wishes ! [In reply to] Can't Post

hello

i am not sure about this, but i think most classes are regulated by the ob school that you attend. not sure bout degree in ob ekekeke.. LaughLaughLaugh

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Dec 9, 2004, 7:51 AM

Post #11 of 16 (612 views)
Shortcut

hello happytux..

Looks like Misterstan have given you all the info required. I am new to this OB class and last week was the first class for Brownie and belief it or not it helps... at least now Brownie is more "obedient"and walked side by side oredi... more to come ...

Perhaps you could come and you could see an array of dogs and you will feel how it is in "DogWorld".. it is very spectacular lehh... actually i very sceptical to go but Henry's kor kor.. gave so much tips that I think it is worth going.. right .. Henry kor kor!!! TQ

PIPIMOM

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Dec 9, 2004, 7:54 AM

Post #12 of 16 (610 views)
Shortcut

Hi Henry's kor kor

Thank you for replying on my behalf.. you are more expert mah... looks like i see your posts here and there... good lah..you encourage a lot of people and made the day for many who needed on dog advice leh... (BTW.. got paid ?? joking okie)

C u ...

PIPIMOM

MisterStan
Doggyman

Dec 9, 2004, 7:54 AM

Post #13 of 16 (610 views)
Shortcut

You are welcome.. Glad that i can help!!! LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

happytux
Dog Kichi

Dec 9, 2004, 9:19 AM

Post #14 of 16 (605 views)
Shortcut

Hi Pipimom... I am on the opposite side of the globe unfortunately. Would love to come see though... My ECS - Happy has actually passed the advance obedience class and the Pet Therapy Exam.. It's just that I wonder how different is the system in North America compared to Malaysia...

Yes, you are right, the dogs are better companions when you train them. Recently, I got so lazy training then and those dogs started their mischief again... pulling on leash and acting crazy when I take them out for walks... Really got to work at that again...:(
Happytux

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Dec 10, 2004, 7:58 AM

Post #15 of 16 (583 views)
Shortcut

hi happytux

I am glad that your furkid had passed the exams. Over here.. after 10 wks of the training, then comes the exam.9 weeks to go. I think we the dog owner more "stressed" than the furkids... but never mind lah.. at least Brownie will get a Cert of attendance if not pass . It must be continued to be trained at home and perhaps your furkids very happy that training at home is "over:"hehhehehh..

Anyway I got a lot of support from USA Rainbow Bridge Pet Loss when I went to join as forum member.. The whole forum family gave their support and love and poems and kind words to me when my beloved PIPI passed on to RB on June 27th.. There i became more strong and overcame my sadness and then later I found this web which taught me a lot to care for Brownie.

May you hv good time with Happy.

PIPIMOM

happytux
Dog Kichi

Dec 10, 2004, 9:31 AM

Post #16 of 16 (579 views)
Shortcut

Hi PIPIMOM.... sorry to hear about your PIPI. it's hard to get through pet loss.. I still cry over my past dogs.. Never had a chance to really deal with it..But now, you have Brownie to take care of..

With the training, I wished I was done... I still have TUX (the black & white guy on my pix). Classes will start in January... You ar rigth abotu the parents, sometimes we get stressed out more than our furkid.. With Happy, he loves training classes becauce those are the times that he would get soooo many yummy treats. Now that he's more mature, I don't use food to train him all the time..Training never stops.. like I said, I got lazy. So Happy & Tux are slacking in obedience..:( My fault la..

Good luck in your training with Brownie.. I really love this forum.. People like you are soo nice & friendly...... When I go back to Malaysia, I really wanna meet you and your kid...:)
Happytux

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my