Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
How to train up my lil' 6 weeks old ECS?

jomeng
Dog Kichi

Feb 24, 2003, 6:05 PM

Post #1 of 6 (963 views)
Shortcut
How to train up my lil' 6 weeks old ECS? Can't Post

Hie everybody!

I juz got an ECS yesterday and he was 6 weeks old. WinkI've trained him where to sleep...but the toilet training is abit troublesomeCrazy. I know I need patience. After eating, he would walk around and do his pee and poo. Then back to his cage and sleep. Less than 1 hr, he's up again...and pee...then he'll make some noises. Is this normal?...I couldn't sleep last night becoz of this routine Pirate By the way, I know I can't leave my ECS alone in the house as I'm working. If there's nobody at home, my ECS will sure be making lots of noises. Any solutions?...maybe I should send to the daycare center?....Please advice...Cool

dick, jomeng & bobbie

drew
ALPHA

Feb 24, 2003, 11:48 PM

Post #2 of 6 (952 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jomeng] How to train up my lil' 6 weeks old ECS? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there jomeng,

wow ... congrats on your new pup ~! Smile

so, trouble on toilet training eh? toilet training is hard ... real hard ! took me so long to train my peke to do her business in the cage (or whereever u want them to do their business) after feeding and you should pay some attention on him whether he's gonna do his business or not ... usually before dogs do their business, they tend to smell and sniff around to look for the right spot to do their business ! so, whenever you see him sniffing around and seems like going to do his business, quickly take him to the cage and lock him up in there until he does his business !!

as for the noises he make during night ... you only got him yesterday right .. so i bet he misses his big family with his brothers and sisters and of course his mom !! takes time for that ... make him felt love with you and oh yeah ... i once read from the book that it says try using an alarm clock that has sound and put it with him and it actually makes him thinks that it's his mom's heartbeat or something ... well, i didn't try that before ... you can try if you want ... but i'm not sure whether am right ...

wait for the expert's advice !!! Wink

wkser
ALPHA

Feb 25, 2003, 12:12 AM

Post #3 of 6 (950 views)
Shortcut

hi jomeng,
well toilet train is not easy ....took about some times to teach my dog nous........usually first nite your brought a new puppy home you got to spend time with them.....they can't get used to the new environment for the first few nite at the new place.......patience is the most important word to pratice when to you train your dog......Wink

regards
kangser and nous

jomeng
Dog Kichi

Feb 25, 2003, 4:51 PM

Post #4 of 6 (937 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drew] How to train up my lil' 6 weeks old ECS? [In reply to] Can't Post

hie everybody! Thanks for ur advices. Well, I'm happy today dat my ECS pup is doing better for the 2nd day with me. He didn't cry much already. Probably, the first day, I put up a fence around his corner and he tends to climb over it. Frankly speaking, my space for him is quite spacious but yesterday took out the fencing and he was happy that he can walk around the living hall of my apartment....but...poo and pee all over loo. Have to be patient with it first. He's still so young..Smile...The living hall is his territory already...and the sad part is...he got a chance to go into my room yesterday..and he was very comfortable inside. I left my room door open but with a small fence over it just in case the pup gets in.Unsure. But this morning...which was as early as 4am, he got up and was crying in front of my room trying to get into my room. So, upon seeing dat, I let him into my room...and he walks around and finds his most comfortable spot which is on my bed!(I was sleeping on the floor)...Crazy...and I push him gently away...under the bed..and he slept there...hahaahaSly...very cute..I think he needs company during he sleep. Is it normal for a lil pup to stay awake and sleep again..and awake again during the wee hours?....

dick, jomeng & bobbie

elizatye
K9 Senior

Feb 25, 2003, 11:43 PM

Post #5 of 6 (925 views)
Shortcut

Hi, At first I brought yippi back, I let him sleep in his crate at night. He was 3 months old and may be he already get used to the crating so he won't make any noise and still enjoy sleeping in his crate. So I didn't had any problem for his pee and poo. After a few day, I am sure that he done his business well in the right place (i trained him to do his business in 2 place, toilet and his crate) then only I let him sleep outside. He was happy and very enjoyed expecially sleeping under the bed Tongue. Now his crate is only use for his pee and poo purpose. Just a suggestion, if you afraid that he will pee and poo anywhere bf well trained at night, may be you can try to crate him at night and if your room got enough space, just put the crate inside your bed room. so he won't feel lonely at night.

Smile Eliza

jomeng
Dog Kichi

Feb 26, 2003, 1:56 AM

Post #6 of 6 (916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [elizatye] How to train up my lil' 6 weeks old ECS? [In reply to] Can't Post

Angelic hie Elizatye...

Thanks for ur cool idea!..I was thinking to let him sleep in my room too. But I'm afraid he'll wake up and do his business on the floor. My pup (bobbie) loves to pee!..hahaha...maybe drink too much water. Patience...patience. I went back to my house this afternoon during my lunch hour to look at bobbie...coz, he's alone at home...Frown..poor bobbie. When I opened the door, I didn't see bobbie in his crate and in the living room....and when i call up his name..and there he is..coming from my room..haa..So cute!...And oh no...he pee on the floor...but he poo on the tray! Laugh..have to train real hard huh. I guess, training takes time and bobbie tends to be forgetful where to do his business..."sniff sniff"..hahaa..dats the sign of a big business comin in..Cool

dick, jomeng & bobbie

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my