Home: Behavioral Problems: Aggresive Dogs and Puppies:
6month old aggressive shih-poo

jolene29
New User

Nov 25, 2004, 2:56 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2188 views)
Shortcut
6month old aggressive shih-poo Can't Post

I have a 6 month old shih-poo and a 9 month old pitbull. They get along great except for when my shih-poo has a bone.My pitbull will try to take it and then she gets real mad and does anything she can to protect her bone..now my pitbull is scared of her..but the real problem is that she is startin to act like that towards me..does anyone kno how i can stop this????

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 25, 2004, 7:11 AM

Post #2 of 4 (2177 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jolene29] 6month old aggressive shih-poo [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Both your dogs are still very young and ... it's time to start basic training with them ...

That your young dog is growling at you is not so good ... and you are right to be concerned.

Use the Search Function and look up the relevant threads ... and check the index to this section ... There is much information already available.

For a start check these threads:

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=99917;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=last;#last

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=63103;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=last;#last

Cheers

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Oct 23, 2005, 7:30 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1798 views)
Shortcut

jolene

To stop fighting within ur dogs, 1st step definitely is provide each dog their own bone, but remember u have to decide which dog should be the leader, I will advice the 1 which stay longer with u. Always provide the leader the bone 1st, give him food 1st, pet him 1st, everything first. Once they make it clear who is the leader, they wont fight easily.

To stop the dog growling at u, u have to start training ur dogs. Ask them to do something for eg. sit, down before u let them eat. Interupt them when they eat half way, give them command, if they obey, allow them eat. Let them know u r their leader, they have to obey to u if they want to get something. If ur dog growls at u means he is not respecting u.

Well, it will be too long to tell everything here, do keep us updated with ur dogs ok? Smile

Regards,

Yang

Sydney
Doggyman

Nov 27, 2005, 12:55 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1690 views)
Shortcut

Suggestions: get a bone and separate your dogs from fighting and get the pitbull and shih poo to get along after that. If all ends well, you will hv 2 happy dogsSmile

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my