Home: Behavioral Problems: Digging, Bitting, Licking, Pulling and Chewing:
biting and chewing prob

sphinx89
Novice

Nov 24, 2004, 6:27 AM

Post #1 of 12 (2522 views)
Shortcut
biting and chewing prob Can't Post

i haf a 3 month old cocker spanial....we juz got her....whenever we let her out of her cage she runs for the nearest carpet and starts chewing on it.She also starts biting all our fingers and toes!hehehe...i understand that she is teething but how do we make her stop this habit....she tends to eat everything on the floor too!pls help!!!

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 24, 2004, 7:50 AM

Post #2 of 12 (2514 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sphinx89] biting and chewing prob [In reply to] Can't Post

Use the search function or check the other threads on the same subject ...

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=60051;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=159434;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=185614;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=88751;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Cheers

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Nov 24, 2004, 7:52 AM)

sphinx89
Novice

Nov 24, 2004, 10:53 PM

Post #3 of 12 (2484 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] biting and chewing prob [In reply to] Can't Post

thanx for d help!really appreciate it!Wink

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 24, 2004, 11:39 PM

Post #4 of 12 (2481 views)
Shortcut

Hi ...

Welcome ...

Many of the more common problems/issues have already been discussed ... Using the Search Function above, will save you much time ... because the information is already available.

Will also suggest that you get good dog books to read ... there is no substitute for learning for oneself ... And good books will give you the relevant background you need to build a good & lasting relationship with your dog.

For suggestions try this ... some of the books are already available locally, and almost all can be ordered through MPH, Times, Kinokuniya etc:

www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A383ABZY40JIYO/002-1671614-9129648

Cheers

sphinx89
Novice

Nov 24, 2004, 11:47 PM

Post #5 of 12 (2478 views)
Shortcut

would juz like to noe wat r the price range for the books?

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 25, 2004, 12:26 AM

Post #6 of 12 (2470 views)
Shortcut

Unfortunately ... the books can be quite pricey ... from a local bookshop ... they can range from RM30-00 to RM120-00 ... but compared to what you can learn from a good book - it is worth every sen ... Tongue

sphinx89
Novice

Nov 25, 2004, 12:30 AM

Post #7 of 12 (2466 views)
Shortcut

wahhhhh!hahahahahah!now muz convince my mom tat d book is worth it!hahahah!goin 2 b hard but once i bug her enough she'll buy it!hahaha!k thanx for ur help again!Smile

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 25, 2004, 12:35 AM

Post #8 of 12 (2460 views)
Shortcut

Alternatively ... use the internet ... there are a lot of sites with plenty of useful information on almost every subject you need to know about dogs ...

www.essortment.com/in/Pets.Dogs/

www.perfectpaws.com/mmd.html

Follow their links and I am sure you will find other useful sites ...

But all that said ... having a good dog book in the house you can refer to immediately ... is really worth the investment ...

Good luck with your Mom ... SmileTongue

Cheers

sphinx89
Novice

Nov 25, 2004, 12:40 AM

Post #9 of 12 (2456 views)
Shortcut

alright!thanx so much!muz wait for mum to come back home from her shop then go bug her!hahahaha!Frown

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 25, 2004, 1:01 AM

Post #10 of 12 (2450 views)
Shortcut

... aaah ... remember to stick to the bigger bookshops ... like the ones in KLCC and MidValley (Times, MPH, Kinikuniya) ... the smaller book shops only carry a small selection of doggie books, and some don't even have any ...

Cheers

sphinx89
Novice

Nov 25, 2004, 1:03 AM

Post #11 of 12 (2441 views)
Shortcut

alright will get my bro 2 go 2 MPH today to check out d books there

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 25, 2004, 1:14 AM

Post #12 of 12 (2438 views)
Shortcut

Suggestions;

Check up the titles on Amazon.Com ... read the reviews ... and select the books you like ... take down name of author, title and publication number.

If the bookshop does not have stock of the book you want then:

(a) Check out the books that are on the shelves ... try and get books published after 2000 ... newer books will be more up-to-date ... Again take author & title down ... and you can do quick check on Amazon and read the reviews before purchasing ...

(b) Most big bookshop also have a special order service ... where they will order the books you want ... but this will of course cost more because they will also charge you postage ... or you can order direct from Amazon.

If you can - get a dog training manual and get a dog behavioural book.

All the best

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my