finnegan's irish pub KL

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Nov 23, 2004, 8:09 PM

Post #1 of 21 (3957 views)
Shortcut
finnegan's irish pub KL Can't Post

ok here goes,

was at Finnegans KL during Hari Raya holiday with my little Roxy and another forumer from a different forum. it went well, the servers even gave water to the 2 doggies.

anyways, the operations director called me today and say his staff told him we brought 2 doggies and it was a successful outing. so he has confirmed that YOU CAN BRING YOUR FURKIDS THERE! any kind, shape, colorSmile.

if any of the gang ( ,min pin gang or whoever) is going regular like once a month, he is proposing to his chef to prepare a special menu for the dog, the dogs will also have their own bowl with their name engraved on it. water will be provided for the doggie too.

the rule is all dogs on leash, no licking from owners plate and have to sit outside. if u want to bring all the guardian breeds ie rottie, doberman, make sure they don't bite and not aggressive.

i don't think this applies to Finnegans Mont Kiara & Bangsar as they don't have seats outside. so any of u want to try, here is the address:

Finnegans Irish Pub KL

corner of Jalan Berangan & Jalan Sultan Ismail (next to HSBC Bank ).

they are serving mostly western food and price range - mid range.

May
Old Hand

Nov 24, 2004, 12:49 AM

Post #2 of 21 (3948 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] finnegan's irish pub KL [In reply to] Can't Post

Ooooooo..........that's sound great !! Do you think I can bring my Chow there ????? Do you have their contact number? I think better call them to confirm and reserve a place for us. No nice ler if we arrived with big dogs and get chase out Frown.

Cheers !!

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Nov 24, 2004, 1:43 AM

Post #3 of 21 (3941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [May] finnegan's irish pub KL [In reply to] Can't Post

may,

u can bring ur chow there, no problem. i don't have the contact number but so long ur chow is on leash and not aggressive, no worries, u just have to sit outside. also don't let ur chow lick from ur plate. they will provide water for ur chow.

also try sitting at the corner, i do this as my GR very friendly to others one, don't want her to get too excited. lots of kwai lo there so that is why no problem.

maybe u check in KL entertainment places number so u won't worry lah.

Bailey

Nov 24, 2004, 2:00 AM

Post #4 of 21 (3939 views)
Shortcut

Cool.. now we have another doggie friendly place. Looks like the general rule is bring your doggies where most mat sallehs go and you wont have a problem. The operations director must be Frank. He used to run the branch in Bangsar and i hear he was transferred to the KL branch.

Puppy Power

Bailey

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Nov 24, 2004, 3:17 AM

Post #5 of 21 (3932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bailey] finnegan's irish pub KL [In reply to] Can't Post

well no, the operations director is Mike. he is from sarawak. well i think he is operations director. i am not sure about this guy frank but i have heard

of him. but i do know he is the only asian in an all irish board of directors for the 3 finnegans.

well yes, for KL & cheras ppl, this is very convenient but those from PJ & subang a bit difficult lah. i have also brought Roxy to little havana,

they do allow dogs and u can sit outside. however the outside part is a bit crowded during weekends. the manager is from France.

i think not to be biased but restaurants/cafe with kwai lo owners seems easier for me to bring my doggie. though the nyonya restaurant

at my place run by a chinese guy allow my dog anytime, even give my dog water in a ceramic chinese bowl hor..Cool like princess already.

May
Old Hand

Nov 24, 2004, 4:37 PM

Post #6 of 21 (3921 views)
Shortcut

Hi...

OK...I'll check the place out.

Cheers !!

a_evie
Doggyman

Nov 25, 2004, 8:31 PM

Post #7 of 21 (3883 views)
Shortcut

quite true...most places that admit the mat sallehs seem more tolerant with our furkids...but thanx for putting up the good news...this means a new place for shalom to makan with us after work (office is 15 minutes walk)...now the prob is parking.....

but would really love it when they really come out with a regular item on their menu for our furkids....

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Nov 25, 2004, 11:07 PM

Post #8 of 21 (3877 views)
Shortcut
Re: [a_evie] finnegan's irish pub KL [In reply to] Can't Post

well they will create a menu only if there is a market.

they are close on xmas day & boxing day. i suppose parking would be behind hsbc or free parking in front of fortuna hotel, quite hard to get parking but not impossible. also behind regent hotel is another option.

well mat salleh are brought up to be ok with dogs, i have not met a mat salleh that never had a dog in their lifetime before. but there are some chinese rest owners who also allow dog as i have mentioned in my earlier post. you can try the nyonya rest at jalan tengkat tong shin, food is pretty cheap and doggie allowed. they will give ur dog water.

also La Bodega in Tengkat Tong Shin also allow dogs, but La Bodega has limited space, 5 big dogs already susah want to walk lah.

so hopefully can find places in PJ too.

a_evie
Doggyman

Dec 1, 2004, 12:13 AM

Post #9 of 21 (3827 views)
Shortcut

market...there will definitely be market. my worry is that over time...they will close the doors to our furkids due to customer's outcry. was informed by another member that la bodega is open to our furkids...but again...i have heard that it all boils down to breed issue....sigh...hopefully what i heard from another member isn't true.

but will give finnegan's a try this week....we're due to take her out one whole day to apologise for taking a trip our of msia over the weekend....she'll be happy there....

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Dec 1, 2004, 12:24 AM

Post #10 of 21 (3821 views)
Shortcut

yes breed is always an issue but i beg to differ, a rambunctious toy or medium breed is so much harder to handle than a calm giant / large breed or vice versa.

i was at la bodega last night with Roxy, my golden retriever. no questions ask, i walked in, took a seat at the corner outside and let roxy sat on the floor, waiter came to our table, took our orders. the manager came and chat mostly about the dog. what annoyed me a girl sat next to our table teased Roxy and it made her restless. i had to turned roxy away from this woman so she is quiet again.

cheers!

a_evie
Doggyman

Dec 1, 2004, 12:46 AM

Post #11 of 21 (3813 views)
Shortcut

yeah...quite true on the breed issue. but what i meant was walking in with a mongrel and getting thrown out. i've had my fair share of the mongrel issue...ppl are different when i walk in with shalom or colby or even old girl and geri...but when i bring rascal or even tommy..that's it..we're given teh kick...sigh...

tough when the kid is well behave but is teased mercilessly by another. shalom was teased mercilessly by some kids..and the dumb adult had to tell them that she bites....didn't help at all...coz they went on disturbing her....prodding her when i am not paying attention of barking at her....whatever happened to manners.

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Dec 1, 2004, 4:54 PM

Post #12 of 21 (3796 views)
Shortcut

Slyi am sorry to hear that. it's truly ashamed that ppl judge between mongrel and pure bred.

i suggest u come with ur doggie, the mongrel for the gathering, then if ppl tease, we will show them who is boss, i hope someone will bring a great dane!!Sly WHO'S YOUR DADDY!!!??

chaelian
Dog Kichi

Feb 6, 2005, 5:53 AM

Post #13 of 21 (3624 views)
Shortcut

Recently met up with the main manager of Finnegan's and he says that it's no problem bringing a dog into the pub itself (at Sri Hartamas).

nicky_spykeaz
Doggyman

Feb 6, 2005, 10:19 AM

Post #14 of 21 (3608 views)
Shortcut

Ya that true..ppl look down on Mongrel..why ya?? me very proud with my bobby ler...actually he is easier to take care compare to my GR, and my GSD....
Maybe we should gather there one day...like throwing party for our furkids WinkWinkWink how about that...

Cheers ya,

Nicki the Devil live by the reputation of the name

boBby is a craz3 car PassaNger
Fat FaT other case Elegant Car GuEst
What make Me?
A LoYal huMan Driver.... Frown

NoBody is Prefect, Guess What i am Nobody
Nice to meet YOu

(Bobby+Nicky craze JT memBer)

BoBby San DogstEr
http://www.dogster.com/?158414

http://spykeaz-devil.blogspot.com/

my_dawg_daisy
K9 Maniac

Feb 17, 2005, 8:57 AM

Post #15 of 21 (3534 views)
Shortcut

Hellooo...Kelsey, ive yet to try finnegan's cus i wasnt sure if they allow poochies..by the way where's lil' havana...sounds familiar..Where r ya at?Sly

~Eve~ Proud owner of 2 Cheeky & Bubbly Furbabies:- Daisy (Dashie) & Meeko (MS)

Eve's Lil' Cerita Place

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Feb 17, 2005, 4:44 PM

Post #16 of 21 (3517 views)
Shortcut
Re: [my_dawg_daisy] finnegan's irish pub KL [In reply to] Can't Post

hehehe down that area lor..

finnegans must be the best place i have brought roxy...well so far cause they are not bias and they serve water & food to the dog. lil havana maybe a bit susah cause the tables are set close. not many malay there but i am sure any guest wont tolerate a barking or jumping dog...but if u sit at the corner of the outlet, u are ok.

let me know!:)

my_dawg_daisy
K9 Maniac

Feb 19, 2005, 9:02 AM

Post #17 of 21 (3484 views)
Shortcut

iT's just sad tht there's so lil place for our furkids to go...

~Eve~ Proud owner of 2 Cheeky & Bubbly Furbabies:- Daisy (Dashie) & Meeko (MS)

Eve's Lil' Cerita Place

shahida_w
Dog Kichi

Apr 28, 2005, 7:33 PM

Post #18 of 21 (3251 views)
Shortcut

hi!!!

hey thanks for posting this message up. this weekend, my husband and i are gonna check Finnegans out with Baron, our 3 year old Lab. We are gonna park further from the pub and walk our dog along Sultan Ismail.

I kinda want to test the waters of downtown KL with my dog. I have seen dog owners along Orchard Street in Singapore and see why we can't start the trend in KL. After all, it is a public area....tsk tsk.........

will keep you dated

ritchie_dog
K9 Maniac

May 31, 2005, 6:18 AM

Post #19 of 21 (3108 views)
Shortcut

hey..

Ive tried out finnegans at sri hartamas with my doggies on fri and it was a great experience..

i brought my german shepherd and pug there and they had 4 long sausages!!.the staffs were pleasant and some customers even came over and pat my doggiesss...according to the staffs there, those 'ang moh' always bring their doggies for dinner and some even as big as bullmastiff but of coz your dog has to behaved well lah.. guess they are going to get some biz from me from now on..ahahaha...

anyway here are the no for finnegans if anyone wants to make reservation so that they could get a quiet corner..

Finnegans : sri hartamas : 03-23000548

:bangsar : 03-22840476

: KL : 03-21451930
Lots of love to my beloved Ritchieboy who has left us on Jan 11 2004..May god bless him

kelsey
K9 Maniac

May 31, 2005, 4:08 PM

Post #20 of 21 (3100 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ritchie_dog] finnegan's irish pub KL [In reply to] Can't Post

wah good har. ya lah i always like to bring my doggies there. prices for sausage are fair lah at RM6 each i think and they get a one footer sausage..heheh so my doggies can pig out!

mostly the staff there are sarawakian and we sarawakian ppl not scared of dogs one. malay or non malay all not scared cause of how we grew up i think.

but finnegans definietely have HI FIVES from our goldens!

Toy
K9 Maniac

May 31, 2005, 6:18 PM

Post #21 of 21 (3094 views)
Shortcut

oh, you are from sarawak? may i know the place full address? wish to pay a visit man..

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my