final decision...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Nov 23, 2004, 9:42 AM

Post #1 of 82 (4545 views)
Shortcut
final decision... Can't Post

alright, i want n i have to make a final decision... before this, i've chose to buy chihua2, n then, i change my mind, i choose shih tzu... but i'm really afraid that someday i will get bored grooming my shih tzu, as u guys know, if i but shih tzu, i have to brusht its hair every single day... now i think i could really do it... but chi hua hua is very unique, very small, but many website says taht chi hua hua sometimes can be g\hard to train, n toilet train, it can be though... but shih tzu learn things very fast... n if i wanna bring my shih tzu to the park, it will make its fur dirty... so how? i'm really confused, but i'm all ready for a dog, just the breed, its either chi hua hua or shih tzu... but i'll try to visit as many breeders asw i can... i wont buy it so fast, maybe early december lor... n another thing is, many website say that cvhi hua hua's temperament is like terrier... so what does that means? hard to train? active? or what? i'm sorry coz i posted many things... all also about shih tzu n chi hua hua... but its really not for fun, i really need more help from u guyys, especially those who have dogs... if i bought a dog, n i'm not prepared to have it, in the end, the dog will suffer, n i DONT want that to happen... so i always try to find more information, n puppy.com really help me a lot... THANKS PUPPY.COM... GOOD JOB !!!

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 24, 2004, 6:09 AM

Post #2 of 82 (4527 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JuStiN'doGgIe] final decision... [In reply to] Can't Post

Aiyah, I thought you wanted a shi tzu after all.... I told you rite, after cutting the fur, no need to groom it so opften, just brush 3 times a week.... min is 2 times a week lah.....

Chi is expensive.. RM2800 also got.... and terrier temperment means it sometimes think it's a big dogs and likes to bark.... most chis love to bark and the bark is a yappish bark but still, not all chi hua huas are the same lah....

You go to toy group and ask the chi hua hua owners lah...

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 24, 2004, 8:21 AM

Post #3 of 82 (4524 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
alright, i want n i have to make a final decision... before this, i've chose to buy chihua2, n then, i change my mind, i choose shih tzu... but i'm really afraid that someday i will get bored grooming my shih tzu, as u guys know, if i but shih tzu, i have to brusht its hair every single day... now i think i could really do it... but chi hua hua is very unique, very small, but many website says taht chi hua hua sometimes can be g\hard to train, n toilet train, it can be though... but shih tzu learn things very fast... n if i wanna bring my shih tzu to the park, it will make its fur dirty... so how? i'm really confused, but i'm all ready for a dog, just the breed, its either chi hua hua or shih tzu... but i'll try to visit as many breeders asw i can... i wont buy it so fast, maybe early december lor... n another thing is, many website say that cvhi hua hua's temperament is like terrier... so what does that means? hard to train? active? or what? i'm sorry coz i posted many things... all also about shih tzu n chi hua hua... but its really not for fun, i really need more help from u guyys, especially those who have dogs... if i bought a dog, n i'm not prepared to have it, in the end, the dog will suffer, n i DONT want that to happen... so i always try to find more information, n puppy.com really help me a lot... THANKS PUPPY.COM... GOOD JOB !!!

Hello ...

I am glad that you are giving serious thought to getting a dog ...

However it seems like you are going round in circles ... TongueCrazy ... and that is a tiring thing to do ...

There are so many small breeds available in Malaysia ...

And I would personally place much more emphasis on finding out the breed's personality, temperament & behavioural characteristics ... rather than place emphasis on its grooming needs or lack thereof ...

Seriously - the personality of the Shih Tzu and Chihuahua are so different ... the only similarity is that both will weigh less than 10kg and be less than 12" at the withers ... Other than that - they are not even really comparable because they are so different in temperament & personality ... and were bred for different purposes.

If you get a dog with a personality that does not match your personality or your expectation - then the risk of the dog being abandoned is much higher than whether the dog's coat needs to be groomed daily or not ...

If you love the dog - you will gladly attend to its grooming needs ... if you don't get along with the dog - well, you may even forget to give it water & exercise ...

Try reading these threads ... and maybe you will have a better idea of what you are looking for ...

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=64043;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=96109;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Personally - from your posts - I suspect you'll probably be better of with the Shih Tzu ... if you don't want to groom - the solution is simple - give it a "puppy cut" and keep the coat real short ... ta dah!!! ... TongueWinkCool ... And immediately, grooming needs are greatly reduced ... and the Shih Tzu will still looks cute ...

As for getting dirty at the park ... there are things called "wet-wipes" ... just give your dog a wipe ... no problem at all.

Cheers

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Nov 25, 2004, 5:25 AM

Post #4 of 82 (4510 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] final decision... [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah yeah, shih tzu is better... pity crazymouse lar, he gave me so many advice about shih tzu, then i suddenly said i want to choose chi hua hua... sorry crazymouse !!! ok ok, i wont think anymnore, i'll buy shih tzu !!! i wont cut my pup's hair, if i get bored with grooming(probably wont...hehehe), then only i will cut its hair...

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 25, 2004, 6:34 AM

Post #5 of 82 (4506 views)
Shortcut

hello justin

that day, we went to a pet shop near lagoon perdana apartment, and i saw this very small, cute, pure white, shih tzu mix selling for rm1,100. the reason this is shih tzu mix, because of the color, that is white in color.. other than that, it should be ok lah... no cert..... very cute, if i got $$, i sure buy liao...

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Nov 26, 2004, 3:24 AM

Post #6 of 82 (4491 views)
Shortcut

oh my God, i'll get crazy if my mum n dad still act like that... today, we went to a petshop, we saw many puppies... there's a cute shih tzu, n i want ti... but then, my dad saw a mini schnauzer, n its very cute, my dad n mum like it n suggested i buy schnauzer... its ok, i dont mind, but i dont know anything about this breed... they want me to do research all over again !!! n the petshop owner said schnauzer shed very little, is it true? but they r kinda cute... Blush but i will do research about them... the petshop owner said m.schnauzer r very obedient n easy to train wor... is it tru ? Smile i'm quite happy with that... hehehe...

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 26, 2004, 3:28 AM

Post #7 of 82 (4490 views)
Shortcut

hi justin

which petshop you went today? was just curious... ms is very easy to train and very obedient... but not sure bout ms sheddings...

carienna
Canine Addict

Nov 26, 2004, 8:58 PM

Post #8 of 82 (4477 views)
Shortcut

haha!! you sound really funny and anxious on getting to know as much as you can before getting a pp uh? But then it is a good thing,rather than to have your doggie to suffer in the end good job

It actually depends all on you, on what kind of doggie you would like. If you buy a shihtzu then it is definitely tame and would need your attention.. more like a manja kind of dog and you need regular grooming to prevent the hair from getting tangled. Apart from it, some shihtzu might have tears stain on their fur around the eyes area.

On Miniature Schnauzer, you'll need a regular grooming to shapeit's coat, making it look nice. MS is a very active dog, compared to shihtzu and also seeks a lot of attention from you. Regarding the shedding issue, I would agree that MS doesn't shed much. Compares to shihtzu that I had last time, MS shed really LITTLE. *heehee*

Training wise, I felt that there shouldn't be a problem for you to train any of these two breeds. :)

good luck and hope you'll find your desired puppy

Frown

Golden Retrievers & Miniature Schnauzer are SIMPLY the BEST!!!!!!!

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Nov 27, 2004, 7:06 AM

Post #9 of 82 (4468 views)
Shortcut
Re: [carienna] final decision... [In reply to] Can't Post

Smileyea, thanx... do u have a MS? its sounds like u know a lot about MS...Wink how many times hsould i groom MS? yea, i like MS bcoz they r obedient n of course, beautiful...Tongue if everything seems to be fine, i'll get my new pup early december Laugh... but still havent decide what breed to buy leh... probably will be MS... oh God, i made a lot of changes lar, first i want shih tzu, then chi hua hua, then shih tzu again, then MS... hahaha... but i think its good... hehehe! i prefer a manja n active(but not as active as mini pinscher)... n WOW ! u got 10 dogs !!! 7 GR, 2 MS n 1 mix !!! how lucky... anyway, thanx for your advice ;)

carienna
Canine Addict

Nov 27, 2004, 4:59 PM

Post #10 of 82 (4461 views)
Shortcut

Yes, I have a pair of MS.. hehe! It was like love at 1st sight when I saw MS in the petshop, and that time around I do not know any MS breeder so I ended up getting one from a petshop. I groom my MS kinda often to prevent the coat from getting tangled and to trim the fur on the body when it grows long. You'll also need to pluck the hair that grows in its ears. So your final decision is MS? haha! Make sure you think carefully alrite, cuz I felt you are undecided.. hahaa!! Too much breeds for you to choose from uh?

Mini pinsher? I would not recommend that breed cuz it is kinda noisy.. haha! I had one before and it is very noisy,.. sigh

If you wanna see more of MS pics, perhaps you can go to http://terenceg.multiply.com/photos/album/1 .. He's a friend of mine and his MS gave birth. Tongue Lucks!

Frown

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Nov 27, 2004, 11:15 PM

Post #11 of 82 (4452 views)
Shortcut

do u think its nessecary to buy a champion or whatever line puppy? i realized that those kind of line dog got a special name, like mal ch and it continue with a weird nickname... like this -> Mal Ch Holehola Hear No Evil( i found this name at magazine) hahahahaha... sounds pretty funny huh ?! but i guess home bred one will just be fine... coz its still a dog !!! n erm... how often u groom yourt MS? i mean trimming the fur... you trim the fur all by yourself ?! i guess it would be better for both me n my dog if the hair is trim by pro groomer, or to save my pocket money, maybe i will but a grooming book n try to groom my dog by myself lor... :P yeah, its kinda confusing in choosing which breed... i hope i could just buy all of them !!! n hey, your friend's dog n pup r really cuteeeee !!! now, i made a decision(not breed), i'll buy a female dog coz i wanna breed it !!! but dun worry, i'll do research b4 i breed... Laugh but probably i'll buy MS... hehehe... yeah, i'm almost the same wif u, it was like love at the first sight when i first saw shih tzu, MS, n chi hua hua...Tongue hahaha... probably by next year, i'll have a big dog family(if i breed my dog :p) !!!

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Nov 28, 2004, 12:43 AM

Post #12 of 82 (4450 views)
Shortcut

hi Carie ,

how are u!?! glad to hear that theres some new born MS puppies but it is too late for me Unimpressed how about ur Wesley n Pepper?>?? Tongue

try to update more the MS pup photos,ok? Smile wat is ur blog spot d? i lost the addy.

(This post was edited by cherielee on Nov 28, 2004, 12:45 AM)

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Nov 28, 2004, 12:53 AM

Post #13 of 82 (4446 views)
Shortcut

hi Justin,

hey, seems like u are very confusing with wat breed should buy huh? Anyway, do more research on every breed b4 u decide which one to buy. i also do some research b4 i decided to buy my puppy---> silky terrier.

Actually i was also same like ur situation b4...i want silky terrier at first...then i want MS... n i decide to get MS.hahaha....then later, u know...i saw a very very CUTE silky terrier...so i changed my mind again ended up with mt ST pup now.

mwuhahaha...i came here to make u confuse again...hehe...y dont u choose silky terrier? (joking) actually it depends on ur lifestyle la...if u wish to have a long coat dog then u must have to groom them regulary if u dont want to groom then buy short coat doggy lo.

Good luck.

babegal
Novice

Nov 28, 2004, 4:12 AM

Post #14 of 82 (4432 views)
Shortcut

Hi...

any idea where to get ur new pup?? My fren is tryin to sell her MS babies...r u interested???

carienna
Canine Addict

Nov 28, 2004, 8:09 PM

Post #15 of 82 (4420 views)
Shortcut

Well, for me I don't think it is necessary to buy a championship line puppy if you plan to just keep it as a pet as it cost a lot lot more than just a normal pure breed doggie. Special name? Well, if your dog is pure breed and has a certificate it actually comes with a long weird name you know? hahaha!!! Example for my male MS Wesley.. Wesley is just a name that we called it, but it's real name is Wengsweeken Spectrum.. hahaha!! *lol* And as a breeder, I have my own kennelname, in which all my puppies' name starts with Kikoken, so if you happen to see any dogname in the cert that starts with kikoken means... my doggie gif birth to the doggie 1 lor :D

I groom my MS.. erm... about a month or 2 month once.. I groom it myself.. not a professional though but then I manage to keep the coat.. looking like a MS still.. hahaha!! Can't afford to bring them to the groomer la.. :P

Haha!! Just like me.. sometimes when I see cute pup I just feel irresistable but to buy them back home.. that's how my house ended up having so many dogs.. hahaha!! last time I have4 shihtzus at house.. bleh... really hard to maintain ler if you keep the fur long.. ahhahaaha!!!! MS is much easier I felt :D

you planning to breed your dog? haha! now that's cool :D CHEERS!!!!!

Frown

carienna
Canine Addict

Nov 28, 2004, 8:13 PM

Post #16 of 82 (4417 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherielee] final decision... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey hey.. long time no hear from you already..how haf u been? How's your dear? As for me, I am doing fine over here..

Wesley and Peppa is doing fine.. Pepper expecting but we cannot be confirm whether she is really pregnant or not... need a while more only can be confirm.. sked it is fake pregnancy ma :D hehehe!!

my blogspot add? http://carieee.blogspot.com ... hehehe!!! Send more of ur dear's pics there lah so perhaps i can upload it in my blog..

btw, my another GR gonna give birth in December.. hahaha :D

Frown

carienna
Canine Addict

Nov 28, 2004, 8:14 PM

Post #17 of 82 (4414 views)
Shortcut
Re: [babegal] final decision... [In reply to] Can't Post

Where is your fren at? Could you provide more information on the MS pups? Thanks

Frown

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Nov 28, 2004, 11:21 PM

Post #18 of 82 (4411 views)
Shortcut

hey, u r a breeder?! what kind of dog u breed? MS? ST? GR? cool man !!! but i wanna breed my dog coz i want a big dog family, i wont sell my puppies, unless there r too many of them... :P hahaha... what kind of grooming tools that i need to groom MS? do i need a special grooming tools? n who teach u how to groom dog..? :P well, do femnale dogs have anything 'special'? my fren told me that his female dog sometimes got 'period' wor... is it true? please teach me how to groom MS... how much a MS usually cost? my budget is RM600-RM900 lor... n MS easy to toilet train or not leh? can u show me the picture of your MS? please...

babegal
Novice

Nov 28, 2004, 11:48 PM

Post #19 of 82 (4408 views)
Shortcut

actually, i m a poodle breeder...

my fren is in penang now with the pups....the pups are now between 8-10 weeks ( MKA )...i will try to upload the photos for u...and i will tell u the exact price

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Nov 29, 2004, 6:38 AM

Post #20 of 82 (4400 views)
Shortcut

hi,

yea yea!! upload the pics for us pls! I love MS too!

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Nov 29, 2004, 6:44 AM

Post #21 of 82 (4397 views)
Shortcut

hi,

I am ok here. sitting for the exam lor!

Congrats!!!!! soon u will be very busy again.some more maybe pepper will giving birth... hmm...ur home will be full of puppy running around.kekeke... so envy u ler...ur GR all sold already ya know...i mean the batch u sold to lee world.

ur blogspot address is?? i lost it

carienna
Canine Addict

Nov 29, 2004, 5:26 PM

Post #22 of 82 (4391 views)
Shortcut

Yeah, the main 1 i am currently breeding is golden retriever.. hehe! :D

Well, if you have the time to keep and maintain them then it would be nice of you to keep all of them when your doggie gives birth.. as for me... too many of them already... 7 adult golden retriever at home can make a house goes upside down! hahahahaa!!! ;) but then, they are not for sale.. only the puppies are for sale anywayz..

Perhaps you can visit a groomer and get to see what tools they use... and how they groom the MS.. as for me, i watch a groomer groom my MS once and then the rest of the time.. i groom it myself.. hee hee... basically, you'll need tools like scissors, clipper, comb n etc.. Erks.. i dunno how to teach you how to groom ler.. i also novice only.. hehehee!! not a pro groomer

Well, female dogs do have their 'period'.. which is when they grow up... usually at abt 10months - 1 year old they will have their 1st period... erm... it will last... ard 2 weeks.. and that is about all.. Not that troublesome after all ler but then it all depends on you... unless you are keeping the doggie in the house, else it shouldnt be a problem.. as for male.. they might take up their legs.. and pee here and there as well if they are not properly trained.. hehe! so you better think carefully b4 deciding alrite?

Erm, price of a MS? It vary ler.. I bought both my MS at about 1k.. with cert... I think the range is about there.. I have some frenz with Ms now ler.. 1 here in Penang(about RM1k) and another 1 in KL(ard RM1.2k)..

Training an MS? I've seen a friend with a very obedient MS. She sent him for training though and the trainer said MS is an easily trained dog..

Pic of my MS? The 1 in my avatar is my MS :D

Frown

babegal
Novice

Nov 29, 2004, 9:24 PM

Post #23 of 82 (4376 views)
Shortcut

hi...the price is around 1k-1.1k and currently is 6 weeks old...

can anyone tell me how to upload the photo???Blush i dunno leh....

hahaha

thx..

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Nov 30, 2004, 8:07 AM

Post #24 of 82 (4356 views)
Shortcut

hey,

How to upload photo: first, go to edit profile in the top of the page. then, u can find a section for upload photo. u click browse n search for the photo u want to upload from ur folder. click OK . thats all!

cant wait to see the pics of the MS pup

JuStiN'doGgIe
Canine Addict

Nov 30, 2004, 10:12 AM

Post #25 of 82 (4355 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherielee] final decision... [In reply to] Can't Post

yea, plz upload it, plz !!! i wanna see it... plz lar... i beg u...

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my