Home: Behavioral Problems: Peeing and Poo Problem:
Pee/Poo Timing!

tracky
Enthusiast

Nov 21, 2004, 6:38 AM

Post #1 of 13 (1448 views)
Shortcut
Pee/Poo Timing! Can't Post

How to calculate/forcase the Pee/Poo Timing?

Normally how long after meal?

starting a baby puppy will not petient of their pee/poo

so when will they know to patient the pee/poo? how many months old?

how to start a Pee/Poo Training (outside hrs pee/poo)?

happytux
Dog Kichi

Dec 3, 2004, 12:21 PM

Post #2 of 13 (1391 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tracky] Pee/Poo Timing! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there... You have to watch him really closely at home. Here are some tips though:

(1) Take him out every time he wakes up, gets done eating, drinking, playing, or starts sniffing the floor. These are the times that it usually needs to pee & poop.

(2) Usually they will have something to poop after about 30 minutes they eat, Also, it will have something to poop first thing in the morning & late a night... Peeing will be more often especially after he plays, eats & sleeps.

(3) The abililty to hold it also depends on the size og your dog.

Cheers...

Happytux

tracky
Enthusiast

Dec 12, 2004, 8:09 AM

Post #3 of 13 (1367 views)
Shortcut
Re: [happytux] Pee/Poo Timing! [In reply to] Can't Post

happytux..

how old r ur cocker already?

he good in pee/poo ?

happytux
Dog Kichi

Dec 12, 2004, 1:35 PM

Post #4 of 13 (1354 views)
Shortcut

Hi tracky! My cockers are 2 years old and 8-months old..:) are you getting better with the pee/poop problem?
Happytux

tracky
Enthusiast

Dec 13, 2004, 3:57 AM

Post #5 of 13 (1336 views)
Shortcut

so far... no improvement.. Unsure...

found tat he will poo at abt 10pm-11pm

i will bring him out at that time.... but he just play around..

then brin him home he start to poo

i think the other time he poo at abt

1. 6am-7am morning (i am still sleepingUnimpressed)

2. 4pm-5pm

waiting those ECS expert here...

my mother scold him everytime... i giv reason he is still baby... just 3 mths old now...

Pipy I never Giv up u! i believe u can do better for coming day!

happytux
Dog Kichi

Dec 13, 2004, 1:00 PM

Post #6 of 13 (1318 views)
Shortcut

HI tracky... when you bring him out at night, wait until he poops and give him a treat..also, dont scold the puppy after he makes an accident in the house.. The key is to catch him in the act, then, say "no, go outside" quickly, pick him up and bring him outside. When he continues to do it outside, dont forget to praise him.

Scolding him will make things worse esp. after he did it.. He wont' understand why your mom scold him esp. he doens't know where his toilet is yet..He might just think that when he poops, he gets scolding...You might cause him not to do business in front of people.. He'll just find a corner & do it in the house when no one is looking.. remember, be patient, even if it takes 30minutes, one hour to wait for him to poop outside.... You can also keep in on leash in the house.. Tied the leash on your waist, that, way you can keep an eye on him every moment.. If he sniffs around or going in circles, take him out... Also, did you get the schedule in your e-mail?
Happytux

tracky
Enthusiast

Dec 13, 2004, 4:20 PM

Post #7 of 13 (1315 views)
Shortcut

nop..i din recv anything from u... my email again here

when he poo tat time i hav to bring him outside (is it included the shit oso?)

yesterday i just bring him for 3rd vaccination... feel so happy ^_^ everybody said he is so cute...so suprise 2 of the malay girl oso said tat!but he scared to go into the clinic!some more he pee in tat clinicShockedBlushso Pai Sah...Blush

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Dec 13, 2004, 5:19 PM

Post #8 of 13 (1313 views)
Shortcut

tracky,

u have not "discover" the pattern of your dog. happy tux wrote and gve u good advice, take him out after meals, play and exercise, have u tried that? don't expect the pup to pee straight away when he is outside. wait 5 minutes, 10 minutes or even 30 minutes. patience is also the key.

also remember, dogs will always pee / poo at the same spot, so u have "clean ur house" try dipping ur mop water with vinegar and don't let him see u mop the floor, dontput too much as ur house will smell of vinegar, maybe 1 small cup in a whole pail of mop water. remember dogs have very strong of smell.

next step, u wanted a dog, so u have to sacrifce a few things. my roxy wakes up at 7am everyday even on holidays or sundays to do her pee. i can't ignore her and wake up at 10am. so i will take her outside for her pee. normally it will take her 5 - 10 minutes and i use words like "do your pee" and "sayang" her to encourage. normally she will lie down on the balcony first as it's early morning and air is so clean, then she will pee, after that she will be fed. right after she eats, she will poop.

if u feed him dinner late, then he will poo late. 4-5pm i suppose is when he exercise the most. bring him out at this time for poo.

be dedicated and good luck!

tracky
Enthusiast

Dec 13, 2004, 5:51 PM

Post #9 of 13 (1306 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] Pee/Poo Timing! [In reply to] Can't Post

dude,

i already do wat u ppl said...(bring him out for 1hrs...)

maybe my pipy need sometime...

actually he got a bit improvement...

e.g. he poo everywhere! now he poo one specific spot...

but now we need him to pee/poo outside...

i wonder... 3mths old puppy already know how to "TAHAN" the pee/poo?

I think wat i need to do is "bring him out more ON-Time"

now he know differencial the command of "SIT" & "COME"

I ask him to sit, then i put the food infront of him...

then he Keep sitting there... until i command "COME" then he only come to eat.. ^_^

*By The Way, Discussion here really make Dog Owner r NOT Alone!feel happy to talk to u body!

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Dec 13, 2004, 9:06 PM

Post #10 of 13 (1290 views)
Shortcut

well to hold the pee/poo take training though most agree that making the puppy hold pee will cause infection in urinary tract. u can try by just placing ur dog in a playpen / crate for a few hours and then take him out to pee/poo.

for eg, go shopping at 1pm and leave him in the playpen with water and treats and toys, with adequate ventilation. come home at 4pm and bring him outside to pee/poo. this can also be used to establish a pattern.

happytux
Dog Kichi

Dec 14, 2004, 7:28 AM

Post #11 of 13 (1276 views)
Shortcut

Hi tracky.. i sent it to your other email address - the "tm.net" address on Sunday morning... Check it out..The schedule worked overall for me.. Do you have to go to work? if yes, get someone to help you out...Good luck!! :)
Happytux

(This post was edited by happytux on Dec 14, 2004, 7:34 AM)

happytux
Dog Kichi

Dec 14, 2004, 1:15 PM

Post #12 of 13 (1268 views)
Shortcut

hey tracky... usually a 3-month old pup cannot hold too long... As he grows older, you can work him up from every two 2 hours to every 3 hours, then 4 hours, then 5 to 6 hours..Anything above that will be hard on an adult dog..
Happytux

tracky
Enthusiast

Dec 14, 2004, 4:04 PM

Post #13 of 13 (1256 views)
Shortcut

TQ TQ TQ happytux!

u really look like my puppy's holy ppl... ^_^

i no longer use the @ cause too many of spam mail & virus mail

if u complain to tmnet.. they will ask u to pay them off to get the protection (bullS??t! another way to suck ur $$$)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my