Where to get microchip injection from?

sallychuah
Canine Addict

Nov 18, 2004, 9:54 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1503 views)
Shortcut
Where to get microchip injection from? Can't Post

Hello,

Can anyone help or guide me about this? I lost my MS - Lesley Boy once and was scared to death, we found him back for further protection for him and for us, I would like him to have microchip jab.

Do vets clinic provide this service?

JolinG
Doggyman

Nov 18, 2004, 12:10 PM

Post #2 of 7 (1498 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sallychuah] Where to get microchip injection from? [In reply to] Can't Post

hello

to my knowledge....

a microchip is provided when u register a litter of puppies through mka..and they will provide u with microchip to be injected into ur pup at about say 6 to 8 weeks like that....there abouts...

i dont think that vet clinic have microchips for u...but they will do the service of injecting it into ur lesley boy.

maybe u could ask around on how u could obtain a microchip for ur dog....try calling up mka n see Smile

btw how old is ur dog?....

because a couple of years ago....mka made a rule that all dogs born after erm..2002 or somethign has to be microchipped...

again im not 100% sure....

hope someone with a 100% definit answer can tell u this more indepth ..sorry tried to help hehe

chrisong
Doggyman

Nov 18, 2004, 6:40 PM

Post #3 of 7 (1491 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sallychuah] Where to get microchip injection from? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Why you need to microchip your dog?

Did you know the microchip needle is BIG?

What make you think that having microchip in your MS can make sure you can find back him back?

The best solution is make sure all your gate is secure.

sallychuah
Canine Addict

Nov 19, 2004, 1:33 AM

Post #4 of 7 (1482 views)
Shortcut
Re: [JolinG] Where to get microchip injection from? [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, thank u joling, I'll try to check it out. Thanks again.

sallychuah
Canine Addict

Nov 19, 2004, 1:49 AM

Post #5 of 7 (1481 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Where to get microchip injection from? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there,

U ask why i need the microchip for my dog? I guess that may help IF anything bad happen to him and us again.

And yes, I know the needle is BIG.

I am not sure how could the microchip help me to relocate my MS IF we lose him again, other than keeping our gate secure (which I'm doing now and then), I think it may help if someone found him and trying to find us rather than just having him wearing colar. Colar may drop off.

Anyway, thanks for ur suggestion and time.

chrisong
Doggyman

Nov 19, 2004, 3:52 AM

Post #6 of 7 (1467 views)
Shortcut

I think you better reconsider it. What I am trying to say is since your MS already a adult and Injecting the Microchip into his neck will be VERY PAINFULL.

Please consider it first before you bring your MS for micorchip. Don't put your love one in pain.

sallychuah
Canine Addict

Nov 20, 2004, 7:59 AM

Post #7 of 7 (1444 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Where to get microchip injection from? [In reply to] Can't Post

OhCrazy.... now I understand la, hehehe Sly. I think I should check with my furkids vet for more info la. Btw, thank u for ur care n concern n ur advise. Good day...Wink

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my