Protection Training

christopher
New User

Nov 17, 2004, 7:47 PM

Post #1 of 8 (4241 views)
Shortcut
Protection Training Can't Post

Hi,

I just want to know whether Puppycom have provide any protection training and attack training? How much?

Last time, i went to MKA dog show at Selayang Mall. I can see one interesting dog attacking show that present by Perodua. The show is too short but very interesting. After this, I can't see anymore such interesting show. Why not MKA alway ask them to present the show?

Now I have 2 Rottweiler and 2 German Shepherd need to train for protection and attack.

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 18, 2004, 1:37 AM

Post #2 of 8 (4226 views)
Shortcut
Re: [christopher, PSD, Boon, RealityDreamer] Protection Training [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

I am cross-posting this to PSD & Boon... Hopefully they are still monitoring this Forum ... They will be able to give you guideline & pointers on what "personal protection" is all about and how to start training a dog for personal protection etc.

You can also post RealityDreamer ... she too is into guard/protection training.

While waiting for their response ... please be aware of the following:

(A) That there is a world of difference between ... Watch Dogs ... Guard and/or Personal Protection Dogs ...

Watch dogs basically give warning when strangers approach the house (and most dogs make reasonable watch dogs) ... But guard and personal protection dogs are a whole different kettle of fish - and will require proper (and often very intensive) training ...

(B) While some breeds have a reputation for being good guard and/or personal protection dogs ... It would be incorrect to assume that just because our dog is a Rottie, GSD, Dober or Mastiff ... that our dog is automatically going to be a good or suitable candidate for training into a guard or personal protection dog.

The making of a good, efficient and SAFE guard or protection dog is very much a question of whether our dog has the correct and required personality, temperament & drives ...

Cheers

PS ... You can also try the threads here ... www.puppy.com.my/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?category=15;

(This post was edited by surchinmy on Nov 18, 2004, 1:42 AM)

kellyyu
New User

Nov 25, 2004, 7:18 PM

Post #3 of 8 (4177 views)
Shortcut
Re: [christopher] Protection Training [In reply to] Can't Post

I know who's the trainer for this show, he is ex-police officer. He is the trainer for police dog, very proffesional and experience trainer. After that show, my GSD also trained by him. Now my GSD become very obedience dog.

RealityDreamer
Doggyman

Nov 27, 2004, 6:28 AM

Post #4 of 8 (4162 views)
Shortcut
Re: [christopher] Protection Training [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,Smile

Surchimy is right. There's a world of a difference. Wat exactly do u want ur dog to do? What u saw might not hv been real protection but could hv been the schutzhund,the sport that consists obedience,tracking & protection where the protection isn't "real"...its more based on prey drive,rather than full on defense...can do a search in the forum..n u'll find some interesting discussions. Also look up the schutzhund,protection,tracking etc. section.
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)

khoo262
Enthusiast

Nov 29, 2004, 1:20 AM

Post #5 of 8 (4153 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kellyyu] Protection Training [In reply to] Can't Post

hi,

just wanna know how much the ex-police officer charge for training your dog and also the duration of the training. i have a 4 month old GSD that i would like to send for training.

khoo262
finally..... khoo262 has come back to puppy.com

kellyyu
New User

Dec 6, 2004, 5:40 PM

Post #6 of 8 (4103 views)
Shortcut
Re: [khoo262] Protection Training [In reply to] Can't Post

RM1500 for 6 weeks.

speckledpepper

Aug 8, 2007, 11:52 PM

Post #7 of 8 (3822 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
RM1500 for 6 weeks.

hi, may i have the number for the expolice training dogs? im trying to look for boarding training dog school for my fren who has 3 dogs. he dun mind paying any high price as i heard there is one near PJ area @ RM1500 per dog training for 22 days/ thks
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Log on to www.rescue2rehome.blogspot.com to view more rescued homeless pets up for adoption!! or call 012 332 9952.

Pommymom
Novice

Apr 18, 2008, 4:11 AM

Post #8 of 8 (3201 views)
Shortcut

Dear Kellyyu,

I am also interested to know more about protection training and would like to get my dog temperament tested to see if it is suitable. Do you know any contact or the existing trainer who trained your dog? Thanks for help.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my