IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Friendly Places:
Templers Park

Bailey

Nov 16, 2004, 6:10 PM

Post #1 of 6 (3543 views)
Shortcut
Templers Park Can't Post

Yesterday I took Bailey to the Templers Park in Rawang with boyfriend. We even managed to trek all the way to the waterfall. Bailey had a great time as she spend all her time dipping her paws in the river. nice area for a picnic with our furkids as there are some sand banks along the trek where one can rest and relax. Not sure whether this is a dog friendly place but as no one stopped us I assume it is dog friendly.

Also took her to the beach in PD on Saturday. Went to my local windsurfing place which is known as Sea Sun Water Sports and it is about 500 metres after Avillion (if you are coming from KL). Bailey went ballistic as she could run unleash and she ran along the beach barking and chasing the waves. There are not many people here as most locals do not like the sun. She even could swim on her own and refused to come back! I also managed to take her on a walk across to a small island during low tide. The island is about 300 metres from lshore. There was never a beach along this stretch but a few months ago, the local authority reclaimed sand and as a result, there is a 60 metres beach stretching for a few kilometres and the sand is super soft and white!! Great place for our doggies to roll around and play. We even played frisbee and retrieving his floatie kong.

I even managed to sneak Bailey in to KLCC Park early in the morning at six am and she could do her early morning walk with me. The area surrounding KLCC is well paved and I only met foreigners who would stop to pet her!! I only went to the area near the Exxon HQ as it is more deserted .

Puppy Power

Bailey

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 16, 2004, 6:45 PM

Post #2 of 6 (3538 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bailey] Templers Park [In reply to] Can't Post

hi bailey

hey that's is a great idea.. I did bring my dog once to PD, following my friend, his wife, and his dog..

Just wondering, when you sneak bailey in to KLCC park early in the morning, didn't anyone stop you??

sasa
Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2004, 12:50 AM

Post #3 of 6 (3533 views)
Shortcut

wow... Templer Park? good ler. so have u saw any "NO PET ALLOWED" sign board over there?
BOWIE I MISS YOU!!!

Bailey

Nov 17, 2004, 10:34 PM

Post #4 of 6 (3502 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Templers Park [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

No one stopped me in KLCC park. Boyfriend says all the guards were sleeping in the early morning and it is so true!! I even walked with Bailey past a guard that was sleeping in the small pavillion!! he he...

Of course I walked in the more deserted area of the park (next to the Exxon HQ building) and I will walk around hidden by the trees and bushes. And the best part, Bailey is a sneak artist in the making. She knows how to walk quietly and stay still. Plus the area around KLCC has proper pavements for pedestrian and ideal for walks with doggies.

Puppy Power

Bailey

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 17, 2004, 10:36 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3500 views)
Shortcut

wow, that is nice!! guards are sleeping, and you and bailey get to sneak through... so nice!!!!

Bailey

Nov 17, 2004, 10:37 PM

Post #6 of 6 (3499 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sasa] Templers Park [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello,

I did not see any signboards at all in Templers Park prohibiting dogs. I may have missed it but definitely no signs at all even at the entrance or at the car park. But i suggest that you go early morning say at 7.30am as you will not bump into any Malays during the trek. Most people only start coming in at about 11am.

Puppy Power

Bailey

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my