IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog Grooming:
How often we need to groom a adult ECS?

Golden Warrior

Nov 12, 2004, 8:02 PM

Post #1 of 13 (1966 views)
Shortcut
How often we need to groom a adult ECS? Can't Post

Hi, i just adopt a male ECs, about 1 1/2yr old, his fur look very nice and just wonder how often that he need a propoer grooming? Any gd shampoo gd for ECS? Any ECs kaki can help me on this?

~~ World will never be the same again ~~
~~ Tiger & Baby & Fire ~~
~~ Huskies ~~

candy722
Novice

Nov 15, 2004, 11:56 AM

Post #2 of 13 (1955 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Golden Warrior] How often we need to groom a adult ECS? [In reply to] Can't Post

What is ECS?

(This post was edited by candy722 on Nov 15, 2004, 11:57 AM)

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 15, 2004, 5:45 PM

Post #3 of 13 (1953 views)
Shortcut
Re: [candy722] How often we need to groom a adult ECS? [In reply to] Can't Post

hi candy

ECS= English Cocker Spaniel

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Nov 16, 2004, 8:51 PM

Post #4 of 13 (1941 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Golden Warrior] How often we need to groom a adult ECS? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi !

Some send their ECS for grooming once in month some once every 3 months.... depending on the cut that you requesting for ur furkid. Some cut it short like a puppy cut where there is practically no hair left some prefer to leave it long..... but trim it every month.

Cocker tends to have some smell on the coat so most of the time my ECS is being bath twice a week to prevent the smells.

Hope the above helps....

cheers,
minglmy

Golden Warrior

Nov 18, 2004, 1:34 AM

Post #5 of 13 (1930 views)
Shortcut
Re: [minglmy] How often we need to groom a adult ECS? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, this very helpful bcos i though can bath him once a week, but now i know can't, bcos the smell quite strong, somemoe they very easy to get wet, everytime i bring him back from outside, his legs and ears was wet, then nex day will b very smelly.

Lucky that your min pin was short hair, if not i think you can open a pet saloonTongue

~~ Huskies ~~

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Nov 20, 2004, 5:17 AM

Post #6 of 13 (1902 views)
Shortcut

u better becareful with the ear .... dun want the fella to get any infection do u... coz they are very very prone to it due to the long ear.

As for me.... well, 2 minpin is easy enuf compare to the 1 cocker but well, its worth it lor coz the love they gave u back is many many times more Smile

cheers,
minglmy

ireneliew25
Dog Kichi

Nov 22, 2004, 7:12 AM

Post #7 of 13 (1881 views)
Shortcut

hi im new here.i got a road wailer.he is 2 1/2 years old.he is a adult dog and very fierce.i only take care of him for 2 mnth now.the owner went to oversea for study.i dont know much about dog.do u mean that grooming is cutting the hair of the dog?if yes,i want to cut my road wailer hair short because his smell was very strong until my neigbour are complaint.do u think that it is ok for me to cut the hair very short?

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Nov 22, 2004, 5:45 PM

Post #8 of 13 (1873 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ireneliew25] How often we need to groom a adult ECS? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi !

Your Rottweiler does not need to cut the hair short anymore as he is a short coated dog. As for the smell, did you bath him often ? what kind of shampoo are you using ? what type of food ? these are the things that can contribute to the smell of your dog.

cheers,
minglmy

ireneliew25
Dog Kichi

Nov 23, 2004, 7:21 AM

Post #9 of 13 (1855 views)
Shortcut

hi ....i had bath him once a week.i had used the normal shampoo which i brought it at jaya jusco.its for animal shampoo.his food name is eaglepack which cost me almost RM170 per month.i dont know whats should i do now to reduce his smell?should i change his shampoo?

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Nov 23, 2004, 5:11 PM

Post #10 of 13 (1850 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ireneliew25] How often we need to groom a adult ECS? [In reply to] Can't Post

try to change his shampoo to a better ones and bath him twice a week. Staying outdoor I pressume right ? then avoid letting him play in the mud, water n stuff that makes him smells. Does he steps into his own poo or pee ? if it does, that contributes to the smells too... wash the paws often.

cheers,
minglmy

Golden Warrior

Nov 25, 2004, 1:59 AM

Post #11 of 13 (1834 views)
Shortcut

wao, you cut Rottweiler's fur ah? then he become Botak? actually you no need to cut his fur, mayb you can try to bath him twice a week, keep him at some where clean and dry, bring him out for pee and poo, i think can reduce the smell

~~ Huskies ~~

Golden Warrior

Nov 25, 2004, 2:01 AM

Post #12 of 13 (1831 views)
Shortcut

i ask my bro to check his ear twice a week, clean it if got dirty, and i heard that if their ear very smelly mean got problem, is it correct? i'll go oversea for 2 weeks, i'll ask my bro to b more careful on this.

~~ Huskies ~~

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Nov 25, 2004, 5:53 AM

Post #13 of 13 (1826 views)
Shortcut

Yup their ear is very sensitive esp when terkena water so have to be really really careful during bathing time. When it smells you know there is problem liao so have to take care lor...

cheers,
minglmy

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my