Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Poll: Suggestion for POLL Topics:
Did you ever think to abandon your doggie or pets?

Golden Warrior

Nov 12, 2004, 7:45 PM

Post #1 of 15 (2497 views)
Shortcut
Did you ever think to abandon your doggie or pets? Can't Post

Hi, did you guy have this idea b4? or do you done this b4? If everyone love their doggie, y spca was so full? Anyone can share their 'experience', mayb we can study y some people try to throw away their pet.

~~ World will never be the same again ~~
~~ Tiger & Baby & Fire ~~
~~ Huskies ~~

chrisong
Doggyman

Nov 12, 2004, 7:58 PM

Post #2 of 15 (2493 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Golden Warrior] Did you ever think to abandon your doggie or pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

Peoples that trow away the pets is because most of them when buying their pets because it is so CUTE. When it comes to taking care of their pet they don't really like it especially POOPOO & PEEPEE. and also when they start chewing things around the house.

This also because they did't THINK FIRST what are the responsibility when they buy the pets back home lor. This is really sad.

Golden Warrior

Nov 12, 2004, 8:08 PM

Post #3 of 15 (2491 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Did you ever think to abandon your doggie or pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ya, you r right, lot of ppl get attraction from their cuttie look, didnt think about other.

Hoping that someone can share their experience that regret with their pet, but still keep their pet, what make you cahnge your mind to keep your pet. Share it to all, so other ppl can think twice b4 they feel regret or abondon their pets.

~~ Huskies ~~

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 12, 2004, 8:24 PM

Post #4 of 15 (2490 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Golden Warrior] Did you ever think to abandon your doggie or pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

since i'm a kid at the age of seven, my family and grandparent do own a number of dog, but usually one at a time.

to them dogs are guard to the family. then later when they feel that the dog is just too naughty, tends to bark excessively and chew up the shoe. they began to hate them and throw them away. (but some are gave to other ppl or relatives).

to me, puppy are cute, but when they grow up, i'll lost interest to them. i'll never play with them again, coz i starts to feel boring with them. that's my feeling to dogs before i become a dog lover.

and ever since i got my kinki girl and knew about puppy.com, i grew more interest in dog care and management. eventhough kinki had grow up and no longer as cute as a little puppy. i'll never leave her. eventhough sometimes she'll dig up the garden and chew up my shoe, i'll always forgave her and give her a hug.

i think to create awareness among others will really help. coz my family members especially my grandparent had really change their attitude towards dog after they see how much i care for my mongrel dog. now they will never hit dogs (sometimes my grandpa even chat with kinki at the balcony) and sometimes they will even allow my kinki to be in the living room, which they will never ever did last time.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

(This post was edited by Amanda85 on Nov 12, 2004, 8:26 PM)

Golden Warrior

Nov 12, 2004, 8:47 PM

Post #5 of 15 (2484 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Amanda85] Did you ever think to abandon your doggie or pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

That's great to heard that Kinki change you and your family, it's gd. I also hope that there r moe ppl can share their experience so that who ever have a mind to abandon their pet can read it and think twice.

You should intriduce your Kinki to more ppl, show them dog are family ppl, not just pet

~~ Huskies ~~

Sydney
Doggyman

Dec 3, 2004, 11:16 PM

Post #6 of 15 (2437 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

My mum have this kind of experience on my silky b4 cs my silky cs her alot of trouble. so my mum decided 2 give it away to other people. But now she stills havent give Sidney away. But in the future or so, i think Sidney will be gone or be taken away by the other people that v noe.

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Dec 12, 2004, 7:32 AM

Post #7 of 15 (2424 views)
Shortcut

Dear Golden Warrior

This questions is really soul-searching. Just today I came across the BBC news article. It said people change their dogs like changing their mobile phones. Reason : because the dog is old and they want new puppies or new dogs. Another reason why people discard their dog because of new addition in their families. perhaps a new baby so they think they would not have time to have a dog.!

As for me I nearly discard Brownie away. It was a very hard decision for me. At first I had PIPI - my 10 mth pup(mongrel mix lab dun know lah) and everything was fine until someone asked me to adopt Brownie. So we took Brownie in cos PIPI also like Brownie. Everything went on fine.. until.. June 27th.. when we went for the morning walk. Brownie. .. 2 yr mimpin dashed away to the highway.. and PIPI followed.... Tragedy.. PIPI did not come back.. we carried her back.. hit by motorbike.. We cried and grieved.. then I want to punish Brown and sent him to Paws.... but God came to intervene and touched me.. Now i am still keeping Brownie.. one of God's creation too.. I wrote my pain and sorrow to Pet world.. my story appeared in Aug issue..

Now I can tell you happily I am happy I did not throw Brownie away.. he once disown by his owner but now loved by us and our neighbours.. he once underfed by his owner but now neighbours keep helping to feed him with chicken, bak kuah, char siew.. now his life is turn around.. and now we also send him to training at Tmn Desa.. he is a good dog.. I have forgiven him and now he is our treasure. His previous owner's loss but our treasure. I do miss PIPI but she is now in good hands in a better place and safer place with God.

Thank you, Golden Warrior, your question allowed me express.

PIPIMOM

Golden Warrior

Dec 13, 2004, 6:51 PM

Post #8 of 15 (2412 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PIPIMOM] Did you ever think to abandon your doggie or pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi PIPIMOM,

Sorry to heard about pipi but glad to hear that you change your mind and keep Brownie, hope other owner that can read this thread and keep in mind.

~~ Huskies ~~

goldilock
Enthusiast

Dec 16, 2004, 10:49 AM

Post #9 of 15 (2382 views)
Shortcut

NO!! I absolutely wont abandon my dogs in what ever reason!!

I'm 20 years old a student....this year 2004 has been really really tough for me to go through becos of my dogs

First ,I had to reject the offer to continue my study in USM which i was so lucky to get my first choice becos no one willing to take care of the dogs.If i went to USM my dogs will be stray dogs.

Then i had to rent a house using my pocket money just to keep my dog from the city council as one of my neighbour keep complaining about my dogs.The city council did came to my house and they came with a lorry to ready to shoot my dog.If i didnt rent the house , my dogs will be dead!! Becos of my dogs i've already spent almost all of my savings like rent house ,bought the dog cages,spaying/neuter and many more about dog expenses.

Just recently while i was not a home my father threw away all of my dogs in the street...as my father all this long didnt like them and always said he'll throw them away. For saving them back , I had to kneel in front of my father for telling me where he had threw them.All this long i had never kneel in front of anyone....becos my dogs i had to kneel to my father....but i think it's worth it. Lucky all of my dogs were still there in the street which quite far away from my house when i reach there....my dogs were so frightened when i pick them back in street.I am thank to God as i found all of dogs back in safe condition without any injury. Really Thank God!

Beside this, there've been many problems keep happening to my dogs all this year and it's non stop. It's almost makes me wanna commit suicide becos the problems on my dogs...imagine the problems are non stop happening till now .But whatever happen I swear to myself i would never abandon my dogs!! Never!! I love them more than myself more than anyone!!

`*:·.Gö|d!lôck§.·:*´

(This post was edited by goldilock on Dec 16, 2004, 10:55 AM)

Golden Warrior

Dec 16, 2004, 5:45 PM

Post #10 of 15 (2377 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goldilock] Did you ever think to abandon your doggie or pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wao, what a great owner and gd fren you are, i think your doggies must love you very much too, if there more people can having half of your attitude to their doggie, SPCA wun be so full and city council workers will be more free.

Keep this on to everybody beside you, let us make this world better for human and animals.

~~ Huskies ~~

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Dec 17, 2004, 6:59 AM

Post #11 of 15 (2359 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goldilock] Did you ever think to abandon your doggie or pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Goldilock

I am so touched by your story. I salute to you. Your heart is full of love... and I know God will reward you because you are taking care of His creations. I hope one day your Dad would understand you.

by the way, how many dogs are you keeping?

PIPIMOM

goldilock
Enthusiast

Dec 19, 2004, 9:22 AM

Post #12 of 15 (2346 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PIPIMOM] Did you ever think to abandon your doggie or pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

i'm keeping 4 dogs....it's really like having 4 kids...

`*:·.Gö|d!lôck§.·:*´

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Dec 20, 2004, 7:18 AM

Post #13 of 15 (2332 views)
Shortcut

Four is a handful.! yeah.. these are really our furkids!

I used to have two but now left with Brownie only. PIPI was my first special, precious furbabe. Then we adopted Brownie . Brownie and PIPI were wonderfully brother and sister but now PIPI had gone to RB for 6 months and left with Brownie.

I had not think of taking another one cos Brownie is quite busy already for me to handle. Perhaps later.

PIPIMOM

eevon881001
Novice

Mar 16, 2005, 9:22 AM

Post #14 of 15 (2189 views)
Shortcut

I have a friend, whose dog always runaway from home. No matter what you'll do, it'll try to crawl under the fenced gate and run around the street. It's stubborn and cute of course. Yet, he pooed at many places and irritated her parents. Now, they wanted to throw away their dog. They thought of putting it in SPCA for two weeks. IF he is not yet adopted, they'll bring him back. Well, are there any suggestions to this problem? Are there any ways to cure it? The dog is about 3 yrs old, mix bred brownish black and looks a lil like a wolf.

Amanda85
Doggyman

Mar 18, 2005, 11:15 PM

Post #15 of 15 (2166 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eevon881001] Did you ever think to abandon your doggie or pets? [In reply to] Can't Post

actually as a responsible owner we must make sure that our housing area is safe and our dog will not get a chance to run out from the house. i think your fren need to improve in their house security system

besides that, is that because the dog doesn't got a chance to see the outside world. did the dog was brought out to walk frequently?

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my