Home: Mixed Breed: Mixed Breed and Mongrels:
Is it mongrel not so clever???

simon_7727
Novice

Nov 10, 2004, 7:27 AM

Post #1 of 19 (2626 views)
Shortcut
Is it mongrel not so clever??? Can't Post

Hi there. I just got my mongrel pup. I m so happy and i told my friends. KAN NA SAI, one of my friend laugh at me.Mad HE said mongrel are dummer than pure breed. Is it true??? But i don feel sad cause i love him very much. I just want to ask about ur guys opinion. Cause i think this is the right place to ask, cause u guys know more about doggy things.

liangann83
Enthusiast

Nov 10, 2004, 9:25 AM

Post #2 of 19 (2620 views)
Shortcut
Re: [simon_7727] Is it mongrel not so clever??? [In reply to] Can't Post

If you friend say mongrel is dumm, then you friend was more "dummer then" mongrel.

ha ha ha ha ha ha.......

Acty what difference with pured breed and mongrel is only 1 sheet of cert only. many people fill so proud with pured breed just because of one "sheet of this paper".... . just like in human world, we cannot say which race of human are more clever, which race human are more dummer.... right???? . this kind of thinking only we can find in Adolf Hitter brain..........and because of this kind of Adolf Hitter thinking, we got World War 2................

For me, all dog are same, don't got any difference with this two kind of dog. mongle also got own filing woo... . you can "cabar" you friend to find "black and white" result that say mongle are dummer then pured breed... i also wana see the report Smile Smile Smile Smile .

peace................. to all dog.............

(This post was edited by liangann83 on Nov 10, 2004, 9:26 AM)

glng675
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 11, 2004, 1:14 AM

Post #3 of 19 (2606 views)
Shortcut
Re: [liangann83] Is it mongrel not so clever??? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
If you friend say mongrel is dumm, then you friend was more "dummer then" mongrel.

ha ha ha ha ha ha.......

Acty what difference with pured breed and mongrel is only 1 sheet of cert only. many people fill so proud with pured breed just because of one "sheet of this paper".... . just like in human world, we cannot say which race of human are more clever, which race human are more dummer.... right???? . this kind of thinking only we can find in Adolf Hitter brain..........and because of this kind of Adolf Hitter thinking, we got World War 2................

For me, all dog are same, don't got any difference with this two kind of dog. mongle also got own filing woo... . you can "cabar" you friend to find "black and white" result that say mongle are dummer then pured breed... i also wana see the report Smile Smile Smile Smile .

peace................. to all dog.............

Pure breed not necessary have a cert ler... Peng Yu!!! But we know the outlook, ability & the temperament. For Mongrels, some are nice looking but some not...regarding clever or not it is depending on the dog itself...

Happy Deepavali!!!

My Boxers ALBUM (Updated : 22/Mar/2005)

http://photos.yahoo.com/glng675

liangann83
Enthusiast

Nov 11, 2004, 2:46 AM

Post #4 of 19 (2596 views)
Shortcut
Re: [glng675] Is it mongrel not so clever??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Waaaa.. this is my 1st time in this year got somebody say Happy Depavali.

Happy Depavali to all dog lover...........

Yup. it all depand on the dog itself, some dog even they are mongrel but they also clever, some dog even they are pured dog also clever..............

Sydney
Doggyman

Nov 11, 2004, 3:08 AM

Post #5 of 19 (2590 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Mongrels are like normal dogs ler. Just like my pup, for example, he sits when i ask him to. Well that shouldnt be a probelm with mongrels too. Some mongrels are smarter than they look but they are much more interested by alot of ppl that days. But their population is going down cs not really many ppl like them these day because they can be found stray and later on bite. So mongrels can bite if they had no choiceSmile.

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 11, 2004, 3:53 AM

Post #6 of 19 (2588 views)
Shortcut

halo simon~ do u know sometimes after pure breed competition there will be obedience competition? normally the mixed breeds will win (my own experience, of course not all) so wat u think?

Regards,

Yang

Amanda85
Doggyman

Nov 12, 2004, 8:59 PM

Post #7 of 19 (2570 views)
Shortcut

i also own a female mongrel and we both also join the obedience training.

eventhough kinki is a mongrel, she can still perform well with her pure breed classmate.

its all depend on how much effort i put on her.

Pacco de Mongrel
~ Come and join us for a doggie jungle trekking @ Bukit Gasing every Saturday morning ~

simon_7727
Novice

Nov 13, 2004, 6:18 AM

Post #8 of 19 (2552 views)
Shortcut

Hi thank u for standing at my side and support me. U guys r really cool...

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 16, 2004, 5:50 AM

Post #9 of 19 (2522 views)
Shortcut

Hey Simon, How is your puppy?

Tell you, mongrels are easier to maintain. I one had a mongrel, in her 12 years of life, never go to vet before coz never sick before.... she was also very smart, knows when to jaga house and when not to bark.

My unlce co-owns a mongrel with me, a smart dog too. Knows when to be gentle with small children and fierce to people who steal stuff.

My friend's mongrel knows how to open gates.

Mix breeds and mongrels are basically hardier than pure breeds and better to have.... your friend jsut don't know, he is just laughing at his own mistake loh....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

simon_7727
Novice

Nov 17, 2004, 8:02 AM

Post #10 of 19 (2506 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] Is it mongrel not so clever??? [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileHi my pup is ok and healthy. But now he is not with me anymore. I went back to my hometown and my family love him, they ask me to left him with them. Especially my dad, he love to play with sleepy. So i had to left him there, a bit sad but i feel happy also cause i know they will treat him well. Hope he can grow up well here, cause here, he has more room and place to run around, and my dad got an orchard to let him go and run here and there.

Sleepy is very obidien and did not make much noise, but now a bit naughty. Also now know bark already, very fierce also le. That day i kacau him with his toys, he bark and bit the toys. he he... I will post his photo up in the photo section later. U guys can go and check it out...

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 18, 2004, 2:17 AM

Post #11 of 19 (2497 views)
Shortcut

Oh, that is so great to hear Simon!!!! Good to know that you and your family love Sleepy so much hehehehe.....So now you will have to travel back home more often to see him rite? With an ochard, he will grow up more and more lovely. Thank you for adopting him.....

Hahaha.. yes, their barks are fierce, some members have told me that hahahah after bringing home their pups. happy to tell you that all your pups brothers and sisters are all adopted!!!! Play with him more and we will wait for the pictures!!!!

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

thomstan
Canine Addict

Jan 28, 2005, 6:29 PM

Post #12 of 19 (2360 views)
Shortcut

hi there simon... how's your lil guy doing now?

The one you love is the one that should take you higher

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 28, 2005, 7:25 PM

Post #13 of 19 (2356 views)
Shortcut

simon~

how is ur doggie ooo? grow fatter? taller? any recent photo ar..

and i need ur details, bcoz now we got new system, need to put in adopter's record wo.. pls msg me ok? 012-3191503

Chen Yang

Regards,

Yang

nairud
K9 Maniac

Jan 30, 2005, 4:47 PM

Post #14 of 19 (2323 views)
Shortcut

Like what other forumers said, it depends on the dog. Purebreed can also be dumb instead of being smart like what those organisations said.

I've got tons of mongrels b4 and i must say only one took me one whole year to teach him Hand. Frown hehehe
the rest are smart-aleck

There's this pup i have last time, took me 2 hours to teach her hand and 2-3 days to do her business outside on the lawn but then she died of distemper...*sniff*

Join the JRT(Lil' Terrorist) Zone

Click me to join Piper in DogSter

Sorely missed, Grizzley and Whitey the Terrier

leecy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 31, 2005, 12:08 AM

Post #15 of 19 (2318 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nairud] Is it mongrel not so clever??? [In reply to] Can't Post

nairud~

wow, kind of u to take care lots of mongrels b4. still wish 2 help them? y not join us? we need foster homes urgently as there are lots of stray pups waiting for us to rescue in waiting list...

Chen Yang

Regards,

Yang

nairud
K9 Maniac

Feb 1, 2005, 8:24 PM

Post #16 of 19 (2286 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Is it mongrel not so clever??? [In reply to] Can't Post

i'm already a member of SPRV ler...it's just tht all the mails now aren't received by me.

I can't shelter any pups coz my housemates a bit scared of dogs.

BTW, i can draw one family tree out for my dogs since they are related...around 3-4 generations. Now left one only.

Join the JRT(Lil' Terrorist) Zone

Click me to join Piper in DogSter

Sorely missed, Grizzley and Whitey the Terrier

j-wong
Dog Kichi

Feb 16, 2005, 9:10 PM

Post #17 of 19 (2246 views)
Shortcut

Some ppl find mongrles not so clever just because they are not pure breed. Others may find them not clever because unlike some dog LAb's for e.g they are not as obedient as them, so they are regarded as not clever...

There is a difference between clever and obedient....take my dog for e.g you may say he's clever coz he can open his own cage to free himself or even trick you...but he is definately not obedient coz he is not contented to stay in his cage.

Just coz he (or dogs)acts the way he( they) wants they are regarded as not clever because they are not obedient and do not listen to instructions well...as they prefer to do things their way

cute_doggy7
Dog Kichi

Feb 23, 2005, 1:42 AM

Post #18 of 19 (2161 views)
Shortcut
Re: [j-wong] Is it mongrel not so clever??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Mogrels r smart....
look at all d stray dogs..dey noe how 2 live w/o depending on humans..dey now howta find food n open d plastic wif dier nose n mouth n teeth

my snowy, once a stray dog..
can learn howta give her paw(left n right), down, sit, stay, play dead and i oni got her ffor 4 months onli..WinkSmileWinkSmileWink

all dogs r smart..
itz juz d way dey tink

maybe d baset hound is a mixture of beagle, cocker n daschund..Laugh
coz dey hv d coat of a beagle, d ears of a cocker, n d body of a daschund
in memory of SNOWY
2003-2005
ENJOY HEAVEN~!!
tho we onli have 10months to be with each other but its the best..
visit my blog. mouseeyuns.blogdrive.com

simon_7727
Novice

Mar 5, 2005, 8:34 AM

Post #19 of 19 (2089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leecy] Is it mongrel not so clever??? [In reply to] Can't Post

BlushHallo leecy, sorry for dissapearing for so long. I just move to new places, so just got the phone line fix last week. Sleepy now is very healthy and fine. I will ask my sister to update his pictures and send to me. tahn i wil send to you. so can you give me your e mail add and crazymouse e mail add. Thanks... The last time i saw him was during CNY. He is a very very smart dog, he is obidient and clever. very smart, the only thing is he is very "Tham Chiak". Everytime you eat something, he wan some of them. Tell you, he like to eat banana. He is now like a baby to my mum. Thay all very sayang him one. Smile

(This post was edited by simon_7727 on Mar 5, 2005, 8:38 AM)

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my