Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Before Getting a Dog:
Want an Ultimate super security guard.(dog)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

XoXo
Novice

Nov 8, 2004, 3:05 AM

Post #1 of 27 (4208 views)
Shortcut
Want an Ultimate super security guard.(dog) Can't Post

Hi there,

I am thinking of getting a new puppy next year. I want this puppy to grow up to be an "ultimate anti-theif killing machine" Tongue

I want him to protect all my properties. Any Pro here mind to give some bread suggestion?

my conditions:

1. no grooming, and mantainance... (cause I am lazy on grooming.)

2. Healthy in general. (No point to get a dog that always sick right?)

3. General big in size and very strong. The bigger the "badder"(better) Frown. Must be strong enough to defend from a theif attack. The stronger the better lah.

4. Must not make too much unecessary barking noise. Only barks at the right time. I don't want a dog that bark on animals, car passing by etc. only on stranger.

5. Food & money is not an issue, I just want a "Tiger" to protect my family.

6. No need to fear about the dog aggression on me. I can handle it myself. As long he is aggressive to stranger. Just like a Tiger.

Thanks for giving advice. Cool

(This post was edited by XoXo on Nov 8, 2004, 3:16 AM)

chrisong
Doggyman

Nov 8, 2004, 4:46 AM

Post #2 of 27 (4193 views)
Shortcut
Re: [XoXo] Want an Ultimate super security guard.(dog) [In reply to] Can't Post

I think TIGER is the better choice for you LOL

XoXo
Novice

Nov 8, 2004, 4:55 AM

Post #3 of 27 (4189 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Want an Ultimate super security guard.(dog) [In reply to] Can't Post

Haiya......come on lah...don't play play lah..Frown....I want serious answer.Frown

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 8, 2004, 5:07 AM

Post #4 of 27 (4187 views)
Shortcut

hi there

i am not sure is there such dogs that is fierce and barks at stranger only and not cars or other people. most dogs do barks at everything they see, unless the particular dog has been socialized before.

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Nov 8, 2004, 6:01 AM

Post #5 of 27 (4185 views)
Shortcut

get a GSD and send him to the guard dog training. without a proper guard training will not fulfil ur requiment ... good luck...

pit bull is a good choice also... hope while ur doggie is doing all the guard work.. u will love him just like ur property ya!!

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!
THE BULLDOG STATION **drop us a visit **
PHOTO ALBUM : PUPPY.COM & OTHERS
Ref: Pg 18; 19

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

XoXo
Novice

Nov 10, 2004, 4:56 PM

Post #6 of 27 (4144 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bull Lover] Want an Ultimate super security guard.(dog) [In reply to] Can't Post

Pit bull? I checked the breed section, there is not pit bull. How does it look like?

For your information, I don't feed my dog with Alpo or pedigree dog food. Cause they are not the best dog food. my rotti dog is feed with other more natural brand.

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Nov 10, 2004, 9:08 PM

Post #7 of 27 (4137 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Pit bull? I checked the breed section, there is not pit bull. How does it look like?

For your information, I don't feed my dog with Alpo or pedigree dog food. Cause they are not the best dog food. my rotti dog is feed with other more natural brand.

thanks for ur info. i feed taro with eukanuba, so far so good hehehe...

pitbull is not allow in m'sia, that means u will not able to get lisecen, but they r available in the market with low price.. they r sooooooooo royal and protective... how they looks like ah.. ok i try to look for a picture for u...

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

(This post was edited by Bull Lover on Nov 10, 2004, 9:10 PM)

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Nov 10, 2004, 10:28 PM

Post #8 of 27 (4130 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bull Lover] Want an Ultimate super security guard.(dog) [In reply to] Can't Post

wah where u get this pitbull lah? yes pitbull will be very loyal to an owner who will train it well. but sadly can also turn on the owner.

it's a fierce dog that human has made into dog fighting. it's banned in most countries actually.

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Nov 10, 2004, 10:29 PM

Post #9 of 27 (4130 views)
Shortcut

ohhh. i can't remember which thread but there is a guy here who has a pitbull before, cant quite remember his nick. check under "before getting a dog" and someone posted she wants a pit bull terrier.

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Nov 10, 2004, 11:01 PM

Post #10 of 27 (4127 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] Want an Ultimate super security guard.(dog) [In reply to] Can't Post

hmmmm.. as long as u treat them good ah.. and they don't have mantal problem ah.. doggie will not attack their owner...

but very sad that some doggie got mantal problem.. thats why we see doggie bite their owner...

yes they r banned, but still available in market.. from a breeder i know.. he told me ah.. this dog really really stick on his family one.. and VERY PROTECTIVE loh...

actually all dog will have mantel problem when they r old..FrownFrown, like GSD they wil have this problem in their young old age.. come early than others breed.. soo sad.. GSD is very good doggie ler...

do u think those VERY PROTECTIVE doggie will not be understnad children?

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

thomstan
Canine Addict

Nov 10, 2004, 11:34 PM

Post #11 of 27 (4126 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chrisong] Want an Ultimate super security guard.(dog) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I think TIGER is the better choice for you LOL

LOL! good one chris!

The one you love is the one that should take you higher

thomstan
Canine Addict

Nov 10, 2004, 11:41 PM

Post #12 of 27 (4126 views)
Shortcut

A boxer would be a good choice as well... strong and dependable... there's a user by the nick glng675 which has 3 boxers... his avatar shows... they look real good... very strong... if i'm a thief.. i wouldn't even think of robbing that house unless i wish to get mauled

but then again.. any dogs which is not properly trainned will generally run out of your expectations...

Just like someone said here... there's no bad dog.. just bad owner...

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Nov 11, 2004, 1:28 AM

Post #13 of 27 (4120 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thomstan] Want an Ultimate super security guard.(dog) [In reply to] Can't Post

hehehe yes boxer looks firece.. but ah.. they r soft heart actually.. boxer r friendly dog actually... kkekeke....

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

thomstan
Canine Addict

Nov 11, 2004, 1:49 AM

Post #14 of 27 (4118 views)
Shortcut

i have a friend that owns a boxer... when i go and visit her... her dog humped my leg and left stains on my jeans...

XoXo
Novice

Nov 11, 2004, 2:20 AM

Post #15 of 27 (4108 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thomstan] Want an Ultimate super security guard.(dog) [In reply to] Can't Post

The reason want to get a big very protective dog is nowadays crime rate very high ler. Arround my area quite a lot of house break in even at afternoon. So better get another one guard doggie lor. Doggie is the best security guard. .Frown

Wah that pitbull look so scary one ler. 365 days angry face. Pirate

Wah banned dog ar. Better dont take lu...later DBKL saman me.

Boxer look quite fierce, but no tall enough ler. Later theif do not scare.

I just conduct a breeder for any suggestion...

he come up 3 types
GSD
Rotti dog
Bullmastiff.

so do you guys got any suggestion? GSD will become mad earlier than other breed right?

btw, i got one indoor Shih-Tzu mix(majority shih Tzu blood), Shih-Tzu normally will bark or not when meet stranger.Frown

(This post was edited by XoXo on Nov 11, 2004, 2:26 AM)

mcmann
Old Hand

Nov 11, 2004, 5:55 PM

Post #16 of 27 (4098 views)
Shortcut

Hey bro add another 1 in your list......"great dane"

LET'S TALK BULLDOG NOT BULLSHIT

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Nov 11, 2004, 9:39 PM

Post #17 of 27 (4095 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
i have a friend that owns a boxer... when i go and visit her... her dog humped my leg and left stains on my jeans...

hahahaha notty boxer.... lucky taro don't hump human .. haha but he hump all the doggies hahaha... bad piggy!!

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Nov 11, 2004, 9:47 PM

Post #18 of 27 (4095 views)
Shortcut

hmmm if u want to get a big guy but with a good heart just to show show ler... Great Dane lah.. the scooby doo.. VERY BIG BIG guy!!! but very gentle... i think everyone see them stil scare unless u know great dane r nice guys...

yes GSD get mad younger...

shih tzu r friendly don't think they will bark too much.. but some shih tsu is aggressive.. they always is a tai ko between big dog..

u know crazymouse_yyh, she got 2 boxers, 1 lab and 1 shih tsu.. the shih tsu is the tai ko! hahaha..

bullmastiff is better for me.. cos don't need much grooming mah hehehe.. GDS need grooming, Rotti. me scare scare lah always see newspaper.. hehehe..

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Nov 11, 2004, 9:47 PM

Post #19 of 27 (4095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mcmann] Want an Ultimate super security guard.(dog) [In reply to] Can't Post

hahaha now i only see u write great dane!!

YEAH Brader we got same mind hahahahah

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

thomstan
Canine Addict

Nov 12, 2004, 5:23 PM

Post #20 of 27 (4085 views)
Shortcut

yup.. agree with mcman... great dane is very big... but then again... it has the heart softer than boxer leh...

you want it to be fierce and big.. rotti loh... you can train it to be a killing machine... :)

chrisong
Doggyman

Nov 12, 2004, 7:36 PM

Post #21 of 27 (4081 views)
Shortcut

Even your dog look fiece the criminal also can poison your dog mathen enter your house already lor.

What if your dog bite your friends when they come and visit you

XoXo
Novice

Nov 13, 2004, 3:40 AM

Post #22 of 27 (4068 views)
Shortcut

Great dane gentle = Tak Nak. NO!Frown

What the use of having a barbarian that do not know his job? If want gentle better get dogs Shih-Tzu or Maltese loh.
Frown

From you guy's suggestion, it seems that Rotti dog is best already. The more people scare the better.Frown This is my second guard dog. Frown. Having two guard dog might cause that criminal to lost his focus. My friend having 4 rotti dogs just to guard his family expensive plants/flowers (those sell over RM10K ones)Frown...crazy guy... I wonder who will will go and steal his thing have to think twice.

btw, you are true also, my shih- Tzu is really a big taiko that got lots of guts in my house. Pirate he last time even bite my rotti dog nose until my rotti scream. and often bark my rotti to ask my rotti shut up.Frown

What if your dog bite your friends when they come and visit you

that day my female rotti almost chase my mom's friend.Frown Lucky I stop her.

(This post was edited by XoXo on Nov 13, 2004, 3:47 AM)

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Nov 24, 2004, 8:52 AM

Post #23 of 27 (4025 views)
Shortcut

Hi ...

You wanted a serious response ... ok ... here it is ...

Remember the old saying ... "It is not the size of the dog in a fight BUT the fight in the dog" ...

And I can say from personal experience that the saying is VERY VERY true ...

There is a whole host of breeds available in Malaysia - from the GSDs to Dobers ... from Pit Bulls to Rotties ... from Bull Mastiffs to Boxers ... that make good WATCH DOGS.

Whichever breed (mentioned above) you choose you are likely to get a reasonable watch dog ... But if you seriously want a "serious guard/protection dog" ... like the kind you see on TV ... a dog that will jump in front of a speeding bullet to save your life or car ... and can distinguish between a thief/robber from the friendly neighbourhood postman ...

... then maybe ... just maybe - you are going about it the wrong way ...

Before choosing the breed ... you should ask yourself - how much effort, time & money are you prepared to spend to (a) find the right pup/dog ... and then (ii) train the dog? ... Why? Because it ain't gonna be cheap in time or money!

While all the breeds mentioned above have reputation for being good watch dogs ... getting a good GUARD or PERSONAL PROTECTION dog is a completely different story ... Not every GSD or Rottie ... or Dober ... or Mastiff ... is automatically going to be a good guard/personal protection dog ...

Apart from the breed ... you have to find the right pup/dog with the correct temperament & drives ... and that is by itself still NOT enough ... After you find the correct pup/dog - you still have to spend A LOT of time training and honing those basic instincts into a structure that YOU can CONTROL & COMMAND ...

No point having a killing machine that attacks its owner or the owner's family right? ... Shocked

So - if you are looking for just a good watch dog ... then many dog breeds (except Gundogs) are usually good enough ...

Even the tiny min-pin makes a heck of a good watch dog ... the Apso is another great watch dog ... And most mix breeds I have met make wonderful guard dogs ...

But if you are looking for a SUPER ULTIMATE PROTECTOR of property and people ... then ask yourself how much effort, time and money you are prepared to spend ... alternatively get a good house alarm system.

Personally - we keep our dogs indoors ... and they will give alarm if needed ... that is all we expect ... and that is what most of us require ...

Cheers

truelover
Novice

Nov 28, 2004, 3:36 AM

Post #24 of 27 (3979 views)
Shortcut

My fren chow chow, husky and rottie are very fierce to strangers, but gentle to his family members...

but they can get along with each other very wellSmile

If u r interested, i can ask my fren where to get those pups...( coz he bought from breeder )

ladee_m
Doggyman

Jan 16, 2005, 1:08 AM

Post #25 of 27 (3840 views)
Shortcut

Hi Smile

I just read an article about the Bullmastiff... this breed quite fits ur list of demands... size is huge... it weights about 130 pounds & i think that is about 50 kg?... its strong... its very powerful... & in the article there were some real life experiences which mentioned that a Bullmastiff can pin down a full grown adult man & if necessary for as long as required...

best bonus about this breed is that despite its size & strenght, it is a very loyal & faithful dog... big yet can be extreemly gentle... u may wanna read more about this breed... the magazine featured the article I read... it was the Nov-Dec 2004 edition...

I do not know much about this breed before but having read the article thinks the bullmastiff is a great dog for any lady to own... Wink

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my