Home: Dog Rescue and Adoption: PAWS:
PAWS AGM!!!!

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Nov 7, 2004, 2:17 AM

Post #1 of 21 (3129 views)
Shortcut
PAWS AGM!!!! Can't Post

IT IS OVERDUE BY 7 YEARS. This Manjeet Dhillon fella said December to someone months ago. Now I hear that its mid December after some committee meeting they had last week. No confirmation yet but once I know, I will post the details here.

dodo888
Dog Kichi

Nov 8, 2004, 4:20 AM

Post #2 of 21 (3108 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Cynhor] PAWS AGM!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

....dec 2004?

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2004, 7:56 AM

Post #3 of 21 (3091 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dodo888] PAWS AGM!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, next month. I can only imagine how much effort they are going to put into discouraging people from attending the meeting...

gni_98
New User

Nov 12, 2004, 10:22 PM

Post #4 of 21 (3021 views)
Shortcut

Hi Cynhor,

I've been reading all the PAWS issues for some time now, and it saddens me how the passion and compassion and effort of the volunteers are met by certain people residing at PAWS. This is so disheartening to know... Are volunteers not one of the most valuable assets a charity organisation can have? Nevertheless, it is heartwarming to learn of the persistence and relentless effort of volunteers, all in the name of love and compassion towards the deprived homeless.. Kudos to you Cynhor, and all others eg those that pledge in the poll and other volunteers, and the quiet samaritans working on their own out in the road..
Cynhor, you were asking someone to check the ROS. Has anything come out of it, or do you still need that piece of info? Do let me know..

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2004, 1:38 AM

Post #5 of 21 (2996 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gni_98] PAWS AGM!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

PLEASE... it is not me... and by far, there are so many others who have in their own way contibuted, and contributed quietly. I would not have seen things for what they are if it wasn't for these good samaritans.

Now all we hope for is the formation of a core group of volunteers and animal lovers who can collaborate effectively - and work towards establishing something better for PAWS. It is sad that the site is lost, let us work towards rehoming as many dogs and cats before the day comes and they have to be put down (and I hold the present committee fully responsible for this fiasco!!) One of them actully said to me that they will "cross the bridge when they come to it"... how irresponsible! They should have worked on a contigency plan - establish a temporary location, for all the animals in their care.

BUT the issue with ROS is a darker cloud. Once deregistered, its will be another two years of hard work before a charity status can be fully gained, and can you imagine, 300K ++ of donated funds in the bank going to the govt when the dogs need it so much. I doubt that we have people who are in the position to establish another charity and stick it out like the PAWS' pioneers did.

My last visit to the ROS is about 7-8 weeks ago. And it is about now, that they would have issued another summons (Show cause letter). It would be good if you can go in and obtain a copy/or confirm that it is issued. 30 days is a very short time to get the required stat documents prepared, and I can see this PAWS committee intentionally holding a AGM a day before the deadline. The other unknown is whether PAWS finally went back to resubmit their accounts and members list as required.

We will really appreciate it if you can help.

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Nov 25, 2004, 12:36 AM

Post #6 of 21 (2914 views)
Shortcut

Please everyone, remember to bring your unbrella just it case. There is no shelter unless they put up a marquee. And it might rain.

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Dec 2, 2004, 5:15 AM

Post #7 of 21 (2849 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dodo888] PAWS AGM!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you know if anyone received their AGM notice yet? Sook Ching said that they are sending out in batches but its now past 14 days...

Will you speak out?

Hoganfm

Dec 4, 2004, 4:39 AM

Post #8 of 21 (2809 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

I rcvd mine (AGM notice) yesterday (02/12/04). The meeting is scheduled for Sun (12/Dec/04) at PAWS Animal Welfare Society, Subang at 2:00pm. I joined in Sept'04 as a life member but I have not rcvd my receipt yet.Unsure

Cheers, Hogan's godma cum nanny.Smile

PIPIMOM
Canine Addict

Dec 4, 2004, 7:51 AM

Post #9 of 21 (2804 views)
Shortcut

hi cynhor

I received all the notification today ... I donated so I got the receipt and I am surprised that I am automatically a member.. It is good that they have done so.. but only the address is typed wrongly but good that the postman knows my name .. (friendly postman) so I recd today... eventhough the address was wrong...

PIPIMOM

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Dec 7, 2004, 8:39 AM

Post #10 of 21 (2762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hoganfm] PAWS AGM!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you got it yet? They are saying that you MUST produce a receipt. Can you imagine some people who joined 4 years ago trying to dig up old receipts...

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Dec 7, 2004, 8:51 AM

Post #11 of 21 (2765 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PIPIMOM] PAWS AGM!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for joining up. PAWS (a registered charity) needs all the support it can muster. 450++ animals, with no where to go...

And I hope that you can make it to the AGM and help decide on PAWS future.

Hoganfm

Dec 8, 2004, 1:41 AM

Post #12 of 21 (2730 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

No, still no sign of my receipt yet. Hope it is not lost in the mailUnimpressed. So, can I still attend the meeting or I can be there but can't vote, right? Maybe, I'll just hv to check my receipt when I'm there; too bad, forgot to photocopy my registration form b4 hand overFrown. Hope to meet u then n the rest too.Smile

Cheers, Hogan's godma cum nanny

Hoganfm

Dec 8, 2004, 2:06 AM

Post #13 of 21 (2723 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Hi,

No, still no sign of my receipt yet. Hope it is not lost in the mailUnimpressed. So, can I still attend the meeting or I can be there but can't vote, right? Maybe, I'll just hv to check my receipt when I'm there; too bad, forgot to photocopy my registration form b4 hand overFrown. Hope to meet u then n the rest too.Smile

Cheers, Hogan's godma cum nanny

Hi again,

Manage to trace my receipt just a while ago. It's w my vet. Will collect it either tomolo or the day afterSmile. BTW, also found out fr my vet that the voting is on 26/Dec/04! So, would u know whether the meeting is still on this Sun (12/12/04)? I'll only know tomolo fr my vet.Unsure

Anyway, I'll not be able to be online till next Tue (14/12/04) as I'm on leave n I don't hv a pc at home!Blush If the meeting is still on, I'll try to drop by as I hv some things to donate.

Rgds, Hogan's godma cum nanny

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 8, 2004, 2:42 AM

Post #14 of 21 (2717 views)
Shortcut

Hi ...

The PAWS AGM on 12th December 2004 has been CANCELLED.

I am told that the new date for the AGM is on 26th December 2004, but that is subject to PAWS actually confirming the new date by notice to members.

Cheers

Hoganfm

Dec 8, 2004, 3:13 AM

Post #15 of 21 (2714 views)
Shortcut
Re: [surchinmy] PAWS AGM!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

Ok. Thanks. V will wait n c then!

Rgds, Hogan's godma cum nanny.

thomstan
Canine Addict

Jan 13, 2005, 7:08 PM

Post #16 of 21 (2133 views)
Shortcut

Did the AGM took place on 26th Dec.?

The one you love is the one that should take you higher

Cynhor
Enthusiast

Jan 13, 2005, 11:08 PM

Post #17 of 21 (2117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thomstan] PAWS AGM!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes it did and it was well attended too. Compared to the last AGM (1997) with 7 people, this one had 200. We are also pleased that people went out of their way (changed holiday plans etc) just to be there.

Thanks to all who came in and supported the call for change. Hope that you will join up and be more involved at PAWS. It sure needs all the help it can get. The more people are involved, the more likely things get put right.

thomstan
Canine Addict

Jan 14, 2005, 1:32 AM

Post #18 of 21 (2112 views)
Shortcut

Kudos to all! I'm glad the previous committee has been put away for good.

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 14, 2005, 10:00 AM

Post #19 of 21 (2088 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thomstan] PAWS AGM!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue ... awwwh ... dunno about being put away ... for good or otherwise ... but things are beginning to move in PAWS - which is a good thing ... Smile ...

There is still much to be done ... and much to keep everyone busy ...

Cheers

thomstan
Canine Addict

Jan 14, 2005, 7:28 PM

Post #20 of 21 (2070 views)
Shortcut

well i'm sure enough they'll not be back for another 7 years...

everyone which is involved with PAWs at the moment must've been very very busy now... so much of damage has been done for the past 7 years...

Will drop by before Chinese New Year and help out in whatever way I can.. that's the only time I have my freedom... Crazy

surchinmy
Ultra ALPHA

Jan 17, 2005, 10:01 PM

Post #21 of 21 (2012 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thomstan, Liz Tay, Cynhor] PAWS AGM!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ...

Say ... before you visit ... post/email Liz Tay and/or Cynhor before you go ... will be easier that way ... 'cos then you have someone to show you around & kinda let you know what is needed at PAWS ...

Cheers

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my