Home: Dog and Puppies Talk: Dog's Rights and Protection:
Any advise for apartment resident

magic
Novice

Nov 7, 2004, 1:33 AM

Post #1 of 9 (2027 views)
Shortcut
Any advise for apartment resident Can't Post

i have been staying with my dog (shih tzu) in an apartment for the last 2years and there is this guy staying my opposite building complaining about my dog to the apartment management and recently to mpsj. its not that my dog is noisy cos she dont even barks when she smell or see starngers or when she play, maybe he just dont like dogs. he keep birds as pet (apartment/condo cannot keep pets incl birds). i dont want to start complaining him but y is he such a problem...

if i can get my neighbours or the whole block resident for green light to keep the dog, will mpsj allow? i know another apartment court at my area, many dogs was taken away last week from their owners.

now i m in trouble becouse mpsj will b comming next week to get the dog. wat should or can i do ???? please... any advise. i cant leave my dog

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Nov 7, 2004, 8:28 AM

Post #2 of 9 (2019 views)
Shortcut
Re: [magic] Any advise for apartment resident [In reply to] Can't Post

wor sad also live in a apt like that. i think best either you

a. ask someone to foster ur dog for maybe a month, let the mpsj to come and check and u dont have dog what.

b. send the dog to ur parent's house for a while

c. move out from the apt lor...

d. confront the other guy and ask what is his problem??? if u r dog dont bark or whatever lah. i was walking my dog one day and always at this area got a guy with like 10 cats on his motorbike. this is public walking area some more. so i met a few friends about 2 meters away from his motorbike, i didn't notice and he say "hello, can u get ur dog away from my cat?" i said my dog didn't disturb ur cat, u ask ur cat don't look at my dog lor.plus no sign here to say u can make this ur cat stand. guy cannot speak, shut up only.

so good luck and update lah what happened.

magic
Novice

Nov 10, 2004, 1:50 AM

Post #3 of 9 (1980 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kelsey] Any advise for apartment resident [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey dear, thanks for your advise. I am staying with my parents so the best choice might be sending the dog away for 1week to 1month but … I’ll miss her so much, she is a member of the family already.

Shifting out is a big no cos don’t have that much $$$ and I don’t think talking to the man is a good idea also. He is not a very nice man and the management also say he is a bit nasty Crazy

I just want to know if it will be an offence to not open the door for the mpsj guy when he comes? Can I just open the wooden door for him to look inside the apartment instead of letting him in? Not safety o let stranger in our house mah … Blush

Hmm… b4 mpsj come also so stress already… I think if the catch my dog I will ask the to cage me with my dog lar

kelsey
K9 Maniac

Nov 10, 2004, 3:48 AM

Post #4 of 9 (1972 views)
Shortcut

well no stranger is really allowed to enter ur house that includes mpsj. so ask them for license or something lah who know this ppl are his gang, then die lor.

wah then consult ur mgmt lor. i mean if ur mgmt don't have problem with it then what power does he have? plus he have birds what. u can also complain to the mgmt about this.

i don't want to sound hero but i will not bow down to this a****le.

Bailey

Nov 10, 2004, 7:52 PM

Post #5 of 9 (1966 views)
Shortcut

If MPSJ knocks on your door - just dont open up cos they have no right to barge in to your apartment - they will need a warrant if they want to barge in. If you don't open, they cannot enter mah.. and tell them to come back with a warrant - and before they return with a warrant, you better place your dog in a boarding place first temporarily. Better to miss your dog temporarily than to lose her forever!

Puppy Power

Bailey

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated" - Mahatma Gandhi

thomstan
Canine Addict

Nov 11, 2004, 1:05 AM

Post #6 of 9 (1959 views)
Shortcut

what Bailey said is right... never ever open your door to anyone who claims they are fromt he authorities even if they are in uniforms... they MUST need a warrant to enter your premises...
why don't you go ahead and also complaint about that idiot's bird?
you don't have to confront him since they claim he's nasty and all... ask the management if he can keep his birds why can't you keep your dog?

The one you love is the one that should take you higher

kwkhoo
Novice

Dec 29, 2004, 10:02 AM

Post #7 of 9 (1892 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
i have been staying with my dog (shih tzu) in an apartment for the last 2years and there is this guy staying my opposite building complaining about my dog to the apartment management and recently to mpsj. its not that my dog is noisy cos she dont even barks when she smell or see starngers or when she play, maybe he just dont like dogs. he keep birds as pet (apartment/condo cannot keep pets incl birds). i dont want to start complaining him but y is he such a problem...

if i can get my neighbours or the whole block resident for green light to keep the dog, will mpsj allow? i know another apartment court at my area, many dogs was taken away last week from their owners.

now i m in trouble becouse mpsj will b comming next week to get the dog. wat should or can i do ???? please... any advise. i cant leave my dog

Hi,

Can someone pls tell more on this : do they really have the right to remove your dog from your house?

My guess is that they will issue summons after summons, but if we pay the summons, what is the case then? Can they just barge in and take your dog away on grounds that the bylaws does not approved of it?

Thanks for any info provided....

Gus-Gus
Canine Addict

Dec 29, 2004, 8:11 PM

Post #8 of 9 (1879 views)
Shortcut

Magic - as long as your dog is licenced, there is little that MPSJ can do about it being in your appartment. Register the licence to a HOUSE address - a relative's house, a supportive friend's house. If anyone says anything about the dog in the apartment, just tell them the dog is visiting.

NO ONE, not even the police can enter your home without a warrant if they do not have your permission to enter. You don't have to let them in, nor can they cannot force their way in. Even if they come with a "warrant" you can refuse to let them in while you verify that it really is a warrant. I've never seen a warrant and I have no idea what one looks like. I'd certainly not let someone in just because they waved a piece of paper in front of me and told me it's a warrant. I'd either take it and read it carefully or get someone to read it for me to see that it really is what they claimed it was.

Forget about asking your fellow residents about the dog and getting their "green light". It complicates matters when you drag more ppl in. There may be other residents who have never been agreeable with you keeping a dog but not said anything but now that YOU ask.............

Why DON'T you complain about the neighbour with the birds? Don't be such a coward!! The birds are a legitimate health concern with the bird flu issue. All because it's quietened down in the news doesn't mean that bird flu is no longer a problem. It's an apartment block - close proximity living - bird-borne disease WILL spread and FAST.

Finally, Magic, you knew that you were not supposed to keep a dog in an apartment. It was ok to take the risk when no one complained but it's all changed now that someone has. Be prepared to make some choices - find a new home or give up your dog. Is it worth all the stress everytime the door bell rings unexpectedly? I know what I'd do - fight for as long as possible but move out as soon as the opportunity comes up and BEFORE my fighting options are exhausted (save face!!).

Good luck.

"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated" Mahatma Ghandi.

(This post was edited by Gus-Gus on Dec 29, 2004, 8:17 PM)

ai_ney
Ultra ALPHA

Dec 29, 2004, 10:17 PM

Post #9 of 9 (1869 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gus-Gus] Any advise for apartment resident [In reply to] Can't Post

hi Gus-Gus,

i just want to compliment you for an advise well written... i'm sure many forum members will benefit from your post... Cool

Smile
Sookie's Photo Gallery
DON'T BREED AND BUY, WHILE HOMELESS ANIMALS DIE.
EVERY DOG SHOULD HAVE A HOME.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my