Home

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
FAQ FAQ & HELP FAQ PHOTO GALLERY Who's Online WHO'S
IN

Home: Members' Area: Members' Introduction:
I'm a new member here... Good day everyone!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

ShiShi

Nov 5, 2004, 12:19 AM

Post #1 of 58 (1821 views)
Shortcut
I'm a new member here... Good day everyone! Can't Post

Hi 2 all. Sly

I'm a Chinese girl from Malacca.

To introduce myself, i would like 2 share a bad experience of mine...

Last month, i bought a male Shih Tzu from 1 of the pet shop in Melaka Raya (Malacca). Less than 2 weeks after that, my Shih Tzu died because of Parvo virus. Vets told me that most probably my Shih Tzu was infected from the pet shop. Anyway, what happened last month let me feel too sad, nowadays i still will cry when thinking of my cute puppy. Unimpressed

I would like 2 suggest all the members here 2 consider twice b4 u making ur decision 2 buy a pet from pet shop.

Anyway, after my puppy died because of Parvo virus, can any member here plz tell me that whether i need 2 take any step b4 getting another new puppy? Or i need 2 wait 4 a certain period (time) b4 getting another home?

Lastly, best wishes 2 all of u n ur pets there!

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 5, 2004, 12:26 AM

Post #2 of 58 (1809 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ShiShi] I'm a new member here... Good day everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there

welcome to this forum. sorry to hear bout your puppy. there are lot of pets shops outside that is unreliable, knowing that the puppy have disease/sickness, and hide it from buyers, so that the buyers buy. before buying, analyze the behaviour of the puppy and check the puppy physically.

ShiShi

Nov 5, 2004, 12:36 AM

Post #3 of 58 (1806 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] I'm a new member here... Good day everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there.

Do u have any knowledge on Parvo virus? The vet told me that i need 2 buy Clorox 2 clean my house n everything that my puppy used b4. I've already did that n i even cleaned my house twice. Do u know whether it's already safe now 4 puppy? Have i already get rid of Parvo virus?

I'm planing on getting another new puppy home, but not too soon anyway. But i really need 2 make sure that my house is 100% clean from Parvo virus n it's safe 4 a new family member (puppy).

10q.

P.s.: Any1 who has any information 2 share with me. Plz guide me.

Best wishes.

pauline @ genki
Novice

Nov 5, 2004, 12:50 AM

Post #4 of 58 (1804 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ShiShi] I'm a new member here... Good day everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

hihi.....welcome to this big family.....

sorry to hear about ur dog....nowadays the pet shops cant be trusted 100% anymore...so i hope u can check clearly when u wan to buy a dog....n also i think u should keep a dog after a period of time so that there is enough of time to let u think what kind of dog is more suitable to u n confirm tat ur house is clean..

thats all.....hope u happy.....n welcome to this forumSly

thomstan
Canine Addict

Nov 5, 2004, 1:22 AM

Post #5 of 58 (1800 views)
Shortcut

Hi there! welcome to this great forum...

i'm sorry for the lost of your pup... and i'm not in the position to advice you what is parvo virus as well as if it's safe to house a new pup again... but i'm sure someone in here will be able to do that...

but what i want to point out is please don't get your pup from a pet shop... get it from a breeder instead... it's very much safer...

The one you love is the one that should take you higher

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 5, 2004, 1:46 AM

Post #6 of 58 (1794 views)
Shortcut

hi there

sorry i do not know much about Parvo, please refer to:

http://www.puppy.com.my/.../gforum.cgi?forum=54;

for more information. the only advice i get from my vet that is related to viruses is that, put the crate/cage or anything that suspected might have contained the virus, under the sun for hours, so that the hot sun can kill the virus/bacteria away. SmileSmileSmile

ladee_m
Doggyman

Nov 5, 2004, 1:47 AM

Post #7 of 58 (1794 views)
Shortcut

HI Good day to u too Smile

So sorry to hear of your misfortune Unsure... these thing happends... some ppl are just so consumed by mere dollar signs to care how much pain they can actually cause to others... I hope time may heal your sorrow... and may u find many friends here to help ease the pain... I'm sure u have many lovely memories u shared with ur shih tzu pup that will always stay close to u...

U'll have to do some research of the breed u want to keep first of all... all breeds come with some sets of health problems... if I am not wrong, shih tzus are prone to eye problems and few others... equip with these info, u'll have a better idea of what to look out for in a pup... I am not very good at shih tzu so u had better look up ur self thru the net... I'll help if I can...

Next, u'll need to locate good breeders... try asking around and thru contacts, make a list of reputable good breeders... they are many ppl out there breeding without knowlegde and with little responsibility... pls becareful of these breeders and also the ever famous puppy mills... take ur time to find a healthy pup...

I wish u all the best and good luck... welcome once again... Wink

CLICK ON =>Poodles' Friendly Gang ListSmile

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.

ShiShi

Nov 5, 2004, 2:13 AM

Post #8 of 58 (1792 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] I'm a new member here... Good day everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
hi there

sorry i do not know much about Parvo, please refer to:

http://www.puppy.com.my/.../gforum.cgi?forum=54;

for more information. the only advice i get from my vet that is related to viruses is that, put the crate/cage or anything that suspected might have contained the virus, under the sun for hours, so that the hot sun can kill the virus/bacteria away. SmileSmileSmile

Hi. 10q so much 2 all of u.

N this is really a very useful information 2 me. I'm now trying every steps i can 2 kill all the virus in my house. (Although i won't get a new pup too soon)

Have a nice day! Wink

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 5, 2004, 2:28 AM

Post #9 of 58 (1786 views)
Shortcut

you are welcome.

minglmy
Puppycom Veteran

Nov 5, 2004, 3:45 AM

Post #10 of 58 (1779 views)
Shortcut

Hi ShiShi,

warm welcome to the forum....sorry to hear abt your puppy's death but that happens daily and is a fact when buying pups from petshop is not safe and chances of getting sickness n etc is high.

Hope you'll be able to find a better breeder next time.

cheers,
minglmy

joyie

Nov 5, 2004, 4:46 AM

Post #11 of 58 (1767 views)
Shortcut

hihi shishi~~

sorry to hear bout your misfortune... hope u'll feel better soon... as for the time being when u're bz 'killing' the virus for your new furkid Frown u can consider what kinda breed you would love to get in the future!

regards from joyie and tomFrown

cherielee
K9 Maniac

Nov 5, 2004, 6:14 AM

Post #12 of 58 (1763 views)
Shortcut

hi,

welcome!!! sad to hear about ur pup died coz of parvo virus. think twice b4 buying dog from pet shop.I bought my dog frm petshop too.Luckily he is growing healthy.I made a very hard decision b4 i bought him.Makin a lot of confirmation with my friend n the pet shop owner.Tongue

Anyway,good luck in searching for ur new pup!

ruby_sushi

Nov 5, 2004, 8:12 AM

Post #13 of 58 (1758 views)
Shortcut

Hi..welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry to hear about your poor puppy. I understand how u fell coz my Sushi got parvo virus too when she was 4 months old. I almost lost her that time. Luckly she recovered from that. It's true that u need to clean ur hsc with clorex. I will advise u to clean more times before u getting another puppy. [my vet advised me b4 I bring Sushi back].

I bought my Sushi from a friend, she keep many puppy at home and I think Sushi got the PV from her hsc coz after that I heard another 3 puppies died in her hsc. Make sure u bring your puppy for vet as soon as possible after u buy to test if the puppy has PV. Then go for the all the injection. Get a reliable vet is very important. When I bought Sushi I went to a lousy vet, I told him that Sushi is first time for injection as I don't know what to do..so the stupid vet said ok and put an injection for her. After a week Sushi got reallly sick and I went to another vet and the vet told me that Sushi never did her first jap. coz the first vet gave her a jap for rabies. I was so mad and went back to the first vet and scold him like anything.

Pls make sure your vet give the proper injection. As I know a professional vet will give u a medical record book and label every single jap he gave to your puppy. Pls make sure they do so.
Dogs Lover

ShiShi

Nov 6, 2004, 2:13 AM

Post #14 of 58 (1747 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ruby_sushi] I'm a new member here... Good day everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

10q so much 4 sharing ur experience n information wif me. U r really lucky. My Shih Tzu was only 8 weeks old that time, the vet said that this may b was also 1 of the reasons y "he" couldn't fight the virus (may b because he was still too young...).

Anyway, do i also need 2 clean all the things that my Shih Tzu used wif Clorox too?

10x! Laugh

P.S.: 10q 2 all the seniors here 4 ur warm welcome. Hope that we will learn n share together here. Cheers! Laugh Laugh Laugh

Sydney
Doggyman

Nov 6, 2004, 2:21 AM

Post #15 of 58 (1743 views)
Shortcut

Hi,

Welcome to the forum and i am really sorry about your Shih tzu puppy because of the infection/decease. The decease is sort of a virus which can spread slowly and then a few days later the dog which have this virus will die or maybe some of the dogs which i have seen on tv, that dogs will not die but have the cancer. You better choose a healthy puppy and make sure that the health is good.

The way to choose a healthy puppy is by it's personality. If you see that a puppy/dog acts strangely when you want to buy them, you must check with the vet firstSmile. Sorry thenabout your puppy.

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 6, 2004, 6:04 AM

Post #16 of 58 (1734 views)
Shortcut

You have to be emotionally able and to take another pup.... coz you just lost one mah.... anyway, don't get from petshops, got many viruses wan.... get from a breeder.... a good home or show breeder.....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.
THEY NEED YOUR HELP AND LOVE

ShiShi

Nov 6, 2004, 9:52 PM

Post #17 of 58 (1731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] I'm a new member here... Good day everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there.

I'm not planning 2 get another new pup too soon. May b after at least 6 months to 1 year period. Hehe.

Now i'm just trying 2 gather as much as information n gain more knowledge.

In fact, i'm still not well prepared (emotionally) in getting a new 1. Dun plan 2 get a "replacement"... Sly

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 7, 2004, 2:52 AM

Post #18 of 58 (1725 views)
Shortcut

Yes, that sounds good, wait a bit and take your time to do research....

Well, it won't be called a replacement lah, more of like adoption and sharing the love.... My first 2 dogs died many years ago, I now have 4 dogs... not replacements lah, I just have a lot of love to give so we get more dogs......

Anyway, my friends and I are currently caring for 10 puppies, 6 are free for adoption so if you have any friends who are looking for puppies, please tell them this? Thanks....

Willy, my beloved shih tzu (22 March 1994- 8 August 2005) May you rest and live happily in Rainbow Bridge with the rest. You will forever be deeply missed by all.

Puppies and kittens, helpless and innocent are always roaming the streets as strays. Adopt from animal shelthers to save them.

ShiShi

Nov 8, 2004, 6:25 PM

Post #19 of 58 (1719 views)
Shortcut
Re: [crazymouse_yyh] I'm a new member here... Good day everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi

U mean u have 6 puppies up 4 adoption? Do u have any photo 4 viewing? Coz my course mate may b interested wif this. By the way, where's ur location? Can u let me have the details of the pupies? If yes, then plz email 2 my email add: mylovelyshishi83

Plus, u have 4 dogs now ar? So jelous ler.. Wat kind of dogs u own now?

ShiShi

Nov 8, 2004, 6:30 PM

Post #20 of 58 (1718 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ruby_sushi] I'm a new member here... Good day everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Make sure u bring your puppy for vet as soon as possible after u buy to test if the puppy has PV. Then go for the all the injection. Get a reliable vet is very important. When I bought Sushi I went to a lousy vet, I told him that Sushi is first time for injection as I don't know what to do..so the stupid vet said ok and put an injection for her. After a week Sushi got reallly sick and I went to another vet and the vet told me that Sushi never did her first jap. coz the first vet gave her a jap for rabies. I was so mad and went back to the first vet and scold him like anything.

Pls make sure your vet give the proper injection. As I know a professional vet will give u a medical record book and label every single jap he gave to your puppy. Pls make sure they do so.

yst323
Old Kaki

Nov 8, 2004, 9:28 PM

Post #21 of 58 (1713 views)
Shortcut

warm welcome to the big family here...Sad to hear your shih tze's case...take care and enjoy yourself here.

ST & PP & TT Frown

PP & TT photos
(latest upload: 3 Feb 2006)

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 9, 2004, 4:24 AM

Post #22 of 58 (1705 views)
Shortcut

Yes, sure!!!! The pups that are for adoption are females wor.... but very delightful ones!!!!

Here is a description that my friend made.

PetLovers~ the latest update 4 the adoption of puppies (mixed): 2 male adopted, another 2 male reserved, left 1 male 4 adoption. all 6 females r still available for adoption, left 1 or 2 i will bring back to penang. means u all can choose 1st, i reali dont mind which 1 left 4 me as all r so0O CUTE~

Let me discribe those available 4 adoption a bit..

Odi: she is the 1st puppy we took back home, she is smart, responsive, & very like humans. the tail which bitten by ants is confirmed recovered by vet (Wisma Medivet, Jln Tun Razak) just need some time to let the fur grow back.

A: this is a puppy. yeah, it is just like the puppy u can imagine in ur mind. she has a pretty face, the color of her coat spread evenly, give ppl a very nice feeling when look at her. if u need a puppy to always "talk" to, find her!

B: she looks very same as my favourite puppy D. she is the fattest lady, the coat's color is real nice, love it! as she is the fattest 1, so u can imagine how much she eat a day. she is cute especially when she is walking..

C: she appears to be 1 of the most frequently asked female pup, maybe she so cute, yawning in the photo. when we taking back the pup from the abanoned house, a mother is very attracted by this puppy, maybe bcos of her color. but at last she failed to adopt as her son will take SPM.

D: My favourite puppy's turn!! this is the only male puppy left, my fren is interested but have not confirm to me yet. so if u r interested, pls inform me ok? this puppy appears to be the strongest & fattest pup, & the coat is very nice, i very like him lah, but then still have to give up..

G: she appears to be the smallest puppy, she has a special "bulldog" like face, very cute~ as she is the smallest puppy, she always kena buli. haih.. those who prefer medium size dog should consider this "bull".

J: she looks similar to Puppy I which is so famous, evrybody likes Puppy I & grab 4 it. but, here is a good substitute, a cuty little gal. she has a nice black + white color coat, think lots of ppl will like her as Puppy I is now reserved.

ok, now u know y i dont mind which 1 or 2 left for me redi lah~ all r so nice!

petlovers r welcome 2 see them, im staying at lagoon perdana apartment, sunway. oposite sunway petting zoo/extreme park. (some says thats y i got so many pets, hehe..) very close to sunway college.

P/S: 3 newly born kittens seeking for new home!

interested? pls contact me at 012-4769839 Chen Yang/Yi Ying

You can view them at www.photos.yahoo.com/yuinhun_yyh and if you are interested in viewing you can also contact me at 019-2257571

I have 4 dogs, 1 shih tzu, 2 boxers and 1 lab heheh....

ShiShi

Nov 9, 2004, 8:30 PM

Post #23 of 58 (1701 views)
Shortcut

10x 4 ur reply. But i afraid i have 2 disappoint u. Actually after i read ur post, i called my course mate but then she told me that her mother doesn't allow her 2 have any pet. So, i guess it's impossible 4 her 2 have any pet at the mean time. So sorry 2 disappoint u n waste ur effort. But i really wish u will b able 2 find the kind owner 4 those pups.

Anyway, so jelous 2 hear that u have a Shih Tzu wif u. If mine nvr died, then he's suppose 2 be 3 months old now. I miss him so much. By the way, how old is ur Shih Tzu? Female or male? N wat did u named this cutie?

(Sorry again...)

crazymouse_yyh
Doggyman

Nov 10, 2004, 5:56 AM

Post #24 of 58 (1692 views)
Shortcut

Ohhh.... that's ok, no worries lah.....

Oh, my shih tzu is 10 years old, his name is Willy and he is black and white... now his aging so his ears are a bit grey hehehe..... next time you get another shih tzu lah and make sure get from a breeder.... I'm planning to get a good show puppy sometime in the future when I live on my own hehehe....

ShiShi

Nov 10, 2004, 8:43 AM

Post #25 of 58 (1687 views)
Shortcut

Hey... Really very jelour ler. May b i'm in love with Shih Tzu too much already (Or i miss my previous Shih Tzu too much already). FrownFrown

I'll really make sure that i'm getting a new puppy from breeder rather than pet shop in the future when i really get 2 have 1. Anyway, 4 the mean time, it's still a dream la (financially n emotionally). Laugh

Anyway, wish u n ur 4 pets all the best. Stay together with healthy.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my