Home: Dog and Puppy Training: Dog Obedience Training & General Training Topics:
Agility Class

ginl
ALPHA

Feb 14, 2003, 1:58 AM

Post #1 of 7 (1200 views)
Shortcut
Agility Class Can't Post

I know this topic has come out before but when I was in Pg the trainer told me that they will be starting agility classes in Pg next week...he told me as long as a dog has basic obedience skill he or she can enroll in the class...the dog does not hv to be at the Novice level of obedience to qualify for enrollment.

Does anyone know whether there is any new agility classes that will be starting in KL too?

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Feb 14, 2003, 2:18 AM

Post #2 of 7 (1198 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Agility Class [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi ginl,

If the Penang agility class is organised by MKA, then I really hope they can have the same is KL. I'd love to enrol Bodhi too (provided he passes his Basic Wink). Btw, where & when exactly in Penang would the classes be conducted?

ginl
ALPHA

Feb 14, 2003, 3:14 AM

Post #3 of 7 (1197 views)
Shortcut
Re: [snoopydog] Agility Class [In reply to] Can't Post

Yah it's organised by MKA...it'll be at the same place where they're holding obedience classes ie. the Japanese Garden and he said classes will start next week....perhaps the ppl frm Penang can elaborate further Smile

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Feb 14, 2003, 4:51 PM

Post #4 of 7 (1190 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ginl] Agility Class [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks!Smile I hope to go look-see if I'm in Penang during one of the weekends. In the meantime, I'm gonna call up MKA to ask whether they're planning organise something similar in KL. My guess is, they may not, due to the large number of doggies in Pdg Merbok, unless they can find some place else - more enclosed ?? Otherwise, it'll be absolutely chaotic Crazy. Imagine having obedience and agility classes concurrently !!!! But who knows?...if MKA keeps getting enquiries about such classes, they may decide to have one in KL after all. So people, keep calling WinkWink.

Anyway, I'll keep the forum posted if I can find out anything. Anyone else knows anything about any agility classes?

lulugurl
ALPHA

Feb 14, 2003, 7:14 PM

Post #5 of 7 (1182 views)
Shortcut

hellooo, i also heard that there will be an agility class to be held soon here. Great~! i would love to enrol jaz for the class too..i think it will be very exciting ler Smile we'll be having the class every sunday morning from 10 - 11 unless there is a show or public holiday.
Laugh~Cherio~ Laugh
Penang Lang? Click Here~!
Silkies Owner? Click Here~!

hunter
Ultra ALPHA

Feb 14, 2003, 9:16 PM

Post #6 of 7 (1173 views)
Shortcut

hi,

even there's no class for agility, still you guys could try out on the equiptments that mka have during sundays.

they have tunnels, weavin' poles... and the frame thing that i can't recall the name. it's all kept in a storeroom nearby padang merbok (at the shophouses). i was told earlier by my trainer that we're free to use the stuffs, with the condition that we keep them back after using. but you have to double check with the trainers though, coz i'm not sure whether that statement was meant only for our class that time, or all people of mka.

we did get a chance for agility a few times (after our pre-novice class). the space was reasonably enough that time. by the way, u don't necessarily need to off-leash your dog. it's just for fun, not the real thing (our dogs were on leashed last time we played with agility), so basically, even cgc students are okay to join in.

talk with the trainers. you'll get some input about it.

snoopydog
Enthusiast

Feb 14, 2003, 11:12 PM

Post #7 of 7 (1163 views)
Shortcut
Re: [hunter] Agility Class [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Hunter,

Gee, thanks! I didn't know that! OK I'll ask my trainer when classes start this weekend. Bodhi's really active and loves to jump - beds, sofa, chairs, and once even into my car boot from ground level !!!!!). So much so that I worry for her safety since her bones are not 100% strong yet. I guess agility training could give her an outlet under a controlled and safe environment. Thanks again Hunter Smile.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my