First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

dennislim
Novice

Oct 26, 2004, 6:45 PM

Post #1 of 30 (3232 views)
Shortcut
Hi all Can't Post

Smile Hi all,

Just an introduction about myself and would love to join in this wonderful forum with so many hound people. I'm Dennis and have been actively showing dogs for the past 9 years. Enjoy many breeds and now showing beagles and whippet. Hope I can contribute some of my experience. Can consider myself lucky to have many wonderful beagles. Anyway, hope to talk more the next time around... Happy beagling to all the beagle owners...

Cheers...to the rest

Best regards,

Dennis Lim

Athensi kennel (home of 11 champion beagles) Smile

p/s hoping to reach 12 soon....

wais81
Enthusiast

Oct 26, 2004, 9:43 PM

Post #2 of 30 (3222 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dennislim] Hi all [In reply to] Can't Post

hey dennis,

i think i know you, your dad knows my dad as well. well i am Mr Ooi's son. i am christopher by the way. my mum contacted you about this matter also i think a couple of days ago.. well i've got ur number and i will contact you sometimes to learn more from you. wow home to 11 champions. i saw u that day at the dog show...in . but afraid i recognize wrong person. well keep in touch ok. i've got one beagle too but not champions like yours lar...hehe..okie ciao

Christopher

dennislim
Novice

Oct 26, 2004, 10:00 PM

Post #3 of 30 (3219 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wais81] Hi all [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chris,

Oh yes, i spoke to your mum... Anyway, welcome to the dog world... I am sure it's pretty challenging for you ..All the best and don't be afraid to say hello even though you might recognize the wrong ppl..

Best regards,

Dennis Lim Wink

wais81
Enthusiast

Oct 26, 2004, 10:08 PM

Post #4 of 30 (3218 views)
Shortcut

hi,

i bet i will approach you if i meet you again, well the challengin part for me would be running my own shop next time. well its better if we could chat in private.

Christopher

(This post was edited by Khoobg on Nov 4, 2004, 10:03 AM)

MisterStan
Doggyman

Oct 27, 2004, 12:31 AM

Post #5 of 30 (3214 views)
Shortcut

hi dennis

how lucky am i to meet a beagle show friend. it was a pleasure meeting you. i always wanted to meet a someone that have beagles for show. i have a 5 months + male beagle. Hope to meet you and your show beagles one day. SmileSmile

dennislim
Novice

Oct 28, 2004, 7:21 PM

Post #6 of 30 (3199 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MisterStan] Hi all [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi misterstan... (Don't know if that is your real name)

Oh sure, I am happy to meet all dog lovers. We can share the breed we love and exchange knowledge. Anyway, Nice to meet you...Cool

For chris, I can't online all the time. Maybe we can meet up someday if you need a chat with me... Hope your plan goes well.Smile

Got to go now..

Take care guys..Wink

MisterStan
Doggyman

Oct 28, 2004, 8:11 PM

Post #7 of 30 (3196 views)
Shortcut

hello. real name not misterstan. real name is stanley. i would love to share anything bout dogs and about beagles. and hope you would share some with me too. SmileSmileSmile hehehe. i also have msn, but you have just mentioned that you cannot be online all the time, then can forget about it. TongueTongue

Sydney
Doggyman

Nov 1, 2004, 5:07 AM

Post #8 of 30 (3181 views)
Shortcut

Oh hi, i m interested in Whippets. U happen 2 have 1?

FrownFrownSidney's DogsterFrown
Frown
Your's truly,
Sydn3yFrownFrownFrown

DragonArt

dennislim
Novice

Nov 2, 2004, 3:41 AM

Post #9 of 30 (3175 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sydney] Hi all [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Sydney,

Oh yes, i have a whippet too.. Currently running for hound of the year.. They are very loveable dog but they need really big space for them to run around. They can be really affectionate and get really well with beagles. I am happy to have a nice one with me and she is a gift from my very good friend in Singapore. Hope you will get one too.. Perhaps you can wait when the time come as i might bred mine. Wink

Best regards,

Dennis Lim

tuckfook

Nov 3, 2004, 8:37 PM

Post #10 of 30 (3151 views)
Shortcut

Hi Dennis,

You advertised some Beagles for sale recently, are they all sold and if not, how much are you expecting for a female ?

Do you have any pictures ?

I'm in Penang and caught the Beagle bug.

Thanks

jaytan
Canine Addict

Nov 6, 2004, 5:30 AM

Post #11 of 30 (3096 views)
Shortcut

hi dennis, welcome to puppy.com. It has been about a year and I am happy to report that Sparky and Picnic have grown to be fine Beagles at 15months. Sparky is especially winsome with a bright personality. Picnic is more reserved but very clever. They are both healthy, active and very well behaved for Beagles. Best regards,J

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 6, 2004, 5:47 AM

Post #12 of 30 (3094 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jaytan] Hi all [In reply to] Can't Post

hi jay

still remember me? its been a long time since i did not see you in here...

well, there are lot of changes now and then.

jaytan
Canine Addict

Nov 7, 2004, 12:01 AM

Post #13 of 30 (3082 views)
Shortcut

hi stanley, yes I remember you and your henry. I must say that henry looks good in your latest avatar. best regards,j

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 7, 2004, 12:09 AM

Post #14 of 30 (3081 views)
Shortcut

ahahahaha. the latest avatar pics is someone else beagle. TongueTongueTongueTongue

jaytan
Canine Addict

Nov 7, 2004, 12:20 AM

Post #15 of 30 (3077 views)
Shortcut

hahahaha, use henry la. One's own doggie is always most beautiful. best regards,J

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 7, 2004, 12:24 AM

Post #16 of 30 (3074 views)
Shortcut

ekekeke. ok ok. actually there is something i wanna ask you.

Check out my photo gallery and see if henry looks like a basset mix beagle.. do you think that ancestors might have a bit of bassets look.

thanks

jaytan
Canine Addict

Nov 7, 2004, 5:58 AM

Post #17 of 30 (3067 views)
Shortcut

hi Stanley, sorry no msn.

I checked out your photo gallery. Henry is one handsome fellow, hehehe. Dont look like Basset to me. Yes, the ears look longer than I am used to. But Henry has actually got lanky legs which is unlike the short and stumpy Basset ones. That reminds me more of the blood hounds which look like tall Beagles. Is Henry 1 year old yet? If he doesnt exceed the 15 inches at the shoulders standard, then you can be assured he is all Beagle. Otherwise he is still a lovely pet Beagle.

You should actually ask Dennis Lim. After all, he breeds Beagles and has 11 champs. Ask him if a Beagle with a bit longer ears can compete? Maybe he will say it is only an optical illusion, hahahaha. Best regards,J

ps: Dennis, if you read this, please offer your esteemed opinion.

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 7, 2004, 7:01 AM

Post #18 of 30 (3062 views)
Shortcut

hi jay

henry is 6 months and 5 days old. as what you have said, if the shoulder level does not exceeds 15 inch , i am not sure is it the right time to measure, as i am not sure whether will henry still grow.

dennislim? hmmm... actually competing in dog show is not so important for me. but i just seek to find the truth. anyway, i shall try to talk to dennislim, i got his handphone number from the newspaper ad, but i am not sure is he willing to help me , as he is a breeder, being busy doing his work and no time to online.

i try to find my breeder for the beagle, so i called MKA. but i am not sure what is going on, whether is the error or is the breeder that decide not to disclosed himself/herself, bcs when i called the breeder number given by MKA, some how the breeder claimed that henry is not from his litter, and don't know how did both different litter got mix up.

about the cert, MKA claim that the cert have been sent over to the breeder and the breeder have not sent back yet. and MKA seems to be having problem, bcs the site is unavailable.

FrownFrownFrown

(This post was edited by MisterStan on Nov 7, 2004, 7:09 AM)

jaytan
Canine Addict

Nov 8, 2004, 9:55 PM

Post #19 of 30 (3046 views)
Shortcut

hi Stanley, my babies grew very rapidly before my own eyes, like puting on a full pound every week, until they were around 10 months old. Then stopped. They have stabilised at just 15 inches at the shoulders and about 13.5kgs. Well, I am sure can still grow fatter, hahahah. I dont care about certs and shows either. I know they are pet grade but they are wonderful pets. best regards,J

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 8, 2004, 10:12 PM

Post #20 of 30 (3043 views)
Shortcut

hi jay

henry currently is 15 kg . about the body should not exceed 15 inch in height, i try to measure, but got 16 inch wor. maybe i should do it again sometime. SmileSmile i won't mind henry being fat as long as he can run lar.

ohmybeagle
Dog Kichi

Nov 9, 2004, 8:52 AM

Post #21 of 30 (3032 views)
Shortcut

Hi stanley,

pertaining to what u claimed below, i can even suggest further that henry's pedigree is very doubtful,dodgy indeed.Having said that, your breeder is trying to run away from his responsibility, cant u see that? isnt he giving u some unacceptable excuses? how could a breeder possibly mix up the pups so easily? what he could have done is to just simply stuff in a mixed breed into the litter and claim them all pedigrees....piece of cake....for an unethical breeder of course.

"i try to find my breeder for the beagle, so i called MKA. but i am not sure what is going on, whether is the error or is the breeder that decide not to disclosed himself/herself, bcs when i called the breeder number given by MKA, some how the breeder claimed that henry is not from his litter, and don't know how did both different litter got mix up. "

well...to add on to that...even i am not a super beagle breeder but as an owner to a pet beagle and a champion beagle pup...i can easily distinguish what is wrong with henry....he doesnt have the pure bred look at all whereas he has some convincing features to suggest that he is a basset and beagle crossbred. He has a narrow head and muzzle and most importantly he has this totally Not-beagle look with a pair of basset eyes. Well...unlike what ur friend said....he doesnt have to look like a basset at all to prove his impurity. At least he is having a fair share of both beagle and basset's traits. Well the best is still that u try to dig out ur breeder but still he can deny all he wants...there is no way to prove him fraudulent unless he admits it.Anyway...that really doesnt make a big difference to you since u r not showing henry at all....and yes...with long ears like that henry wont b recognised in any dog shows. but u must still love him like he is your precious and i believe u will....chill and cheers mate.take it easy.

regards,
Terry

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 9, 2004, 4:10 PM

Post #22 of 30 (3024 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ohmybeagle] Hi all [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks a lot for the explanation.

anyway, i will stay look for the breeder lar.. according to MKA (which i not sure true or not), the home breeder is in Subang Jaya, but the number that i called, she is staying in Kepong...

hmmmmm....

(This post was edited by MisterStan on Nov 9, 2004, 4:16 PM)

MisterStan
Doggyman

Nov 9, 2004, 4:40 PM

Post #23 of 30 (3020 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ohmybeagle] Hi all [In reply to] Can't Post

hi there

there is some typing error ekekekeke in the posts above. i found out about the breeder, that he/she is actually from Subang Jaya, from the pet shop vet where i bought henry from. ANd the breeder number that mka gave me, she is from kepong.

btw, Mka website is unavailable. wonder what happen leh...

(This post was edited by MisterStan on Nov 9, 2004, 4:42 PM)

dennislim
Novice

Nov 17, 2004, 12:43 AM

Post #24 of 30 (2972 views)
Shortcut

Hi guys,

SOrry to reply so late as i am busy with my stuffs and my pc got some problems... anyway, happy holidays guys.. and Jay, it's nice to meet u here and hope your beagles are doing great.. i am sure you are enjoying very valuable times with them... Smile

I was reading pass all the comments and views on your matter.. sometimes ago i do came across that beagle don't look like beagle and yet there is a problem when there is people using beagle to breed with basset. In my opinion, this is definitely unaacceptable but this may not be avoidable unless the breeder is being truthful.

MKA has been doing a lot of work but at times there are some culprits which able to escape and get the certificate done. As a breeder myself, i always recommend good breeding as to bring more quality but yet there are so many breeder around breeding beagles without knowing what to look for or to improve the standard of beagles. Frankly speaking, i am finding it hard by myself too but with the overwhelming response and also the beagle prices are very good... Many people take advantage of this. They will only concern about quantity and as long as a beagle.. it does not matter.. but sadly, it's really sad to know some beagle look terribly bad... (I am sorry if i offend anybody here but to blame the irresponsible breeder)

From my true experience, there is people using my kennel or name to sell their puppies. Even some try to influence by saying their dogs are champions or champion breeding lines. It's kinda hard to express what does this mean to many young owners. In conclusion, my way or trusting a breeder is make them to prove it and show it with the resgistration form ie. microchip forms with their parents names stated whether they are champions.

I respect many experience people here sharing their opinion in certain criteria when u want to buy a puppy. Two thumbs up for u guys... I am sure it's very helpful. Smile

Let talk about breeders, I always make it a point to my buyer that they must know what they are getting for and what kind of price range they are paying. It is always an agreement between the buyer and seller. It is worthless to complain when the purchase are done when you start to know there might be some problem.. Therefore, the agreement must be very clear...

Anyway, it very controversial to say that buying from a breeder is definitely good but one must know whether it's reputable or not.. Most important is when you meet up with the breeder, evaluate him/her and the condition of the kennel, dogs and the puppies. The strongest point will be the health aspect of the puppies and also the hygiene level of the environment where their parents of other dogs are staying..

In the end, i always think that as long as you are happy in whatever quality of puppy that you are getting... It worthless to evaluate and a dogs love does not differ whether it's a purebreed or not. I may sound awkward here as a pure breed breeeder but i just want eveyone to know they should make a definite point and judgement before purchasing any puppy. Let's think for the young cute little puppy....

Hope all of you can see some positive points here which i tried to emphasize on..

Best regards,

Dennis Lim

Happy beagling Smile

jaytan
Canine Addict

Nov 18, 2004, 5:56 AM

Post #25 of 30 (2935 views)
Shortcut

Dear Dennis, thanks for your response.

Remember when I got the puppies from you I wanted them to be healthy. Well, I am happy to say that I have not had to send them for any medical treatment at all after more than a year. Picnic occasionally vomits some gastric liquids and have some bowel irregularity for a day or 2, but that is about it. Even when I get a bad flu they dont catch it from me. Maybe I should take an annual 7-in-1 myself, hehehehe.

They also show some examplary temperament. Take commands well just like their daddy Kommando you showed me once. Steady without any crying or compulsive barking. Pees into the drain and poops outside during walks, (most of the time). Nothing like the police GSD but then hey, they are Beagles, hahaha. Best regards,J

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my