Home: Dog and Puppy Training: House Breaking:
stop pee pee in friend's house, clinic & petshop

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Oct 24, 2004, 5:33 AM

Post #1 of 9 (2212 views)
Shortcut
stop pee pee in friend's house, clinic & petshop Can't Post

help help.. how can we train our doggie not to pee in other people house? or in the clinic or in the petshop?

like taro his housebreaking is oledi ok at home.. but sometime he will pee in my friend pet shop, even i pee him outside.. or he will pee in the clinicMadMad

someone advise pls...

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!
THE BULLDOG STATION **drop us a visit **
PHOTO ALBUM : PUPPY.COM & OTHERS
Ref: Pg 18; 19

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

libelly
Dog Kichi

Oct 24, 2004, 7:06 PM

Post #2 of 9 (2206 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bull Lover] stop pee pee in friend's house, clinic & petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

hi

u mentioned "like taro his housebreaking is oledi ok at home". u mean taro know where to pee and poo at home? how u start ur housekeeping? plan to keep a shih tzu soon, i need to find out more tips and tricks in teaching them to pee and poo at the correct place.
libelly

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Oct 25, 2004, 12:07 AM

Post #3 of 9 (2203 views)
Shortcut
Re: [libelly] stop pee pee in friend's house, clinic & petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

hahahhaha.. u make me soo happy that someone is helping me.... but like someone need my help....hmmm i am more happy wor!! HAHAHAHA...

yes taro is oledi train for his pee and poo... the 1st thing that is most important is the human i think.. we have to be very hard working wor.. remind them to pee and poo every 30 mins..

aiyah i write u again tonight ok.. i got to go ob class now hehehe... or u r going to tmn desa? if u r there look for me with taro the bully lah.. if not i write u tonight ok..

thanks for your post ya!!

bye!

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Oct 25, 2004, 6:25 AM

Post #4 of 9 (2200 views)
Shortcut
Re: [libelly] stop pee pee in friend's house, clinic & petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

hi sorry for late reply,

shih stu.. small one right.. many ppl train them to do the business on the newspaper.. or any place u like..

for taro i train him go outside.

puppy will need to to their business 10 - 20 mins after their meal; rush them to pee poo when they get up from a long sleep or short nap; and remind them to pee every 30 mins!

but the main thing is, we the human must be veru hardworking.. don't be lazy and tell urself.. 'aiyah.. 5 mins more then only go lah' NEVER be lazy wor.. the less u fail the faster he will be train up..

i do this with taro.. when i know he will pee in every 30 mins, when it is 25 mins i will start asking him to go pee and poo.. then i will ask him to sit infront of the door b4 i open it, once he sit, open the door and rush him out and ask him to pee... once he pee.. tell him GOOD PEE!!! ( yes even is pee pee, we need to praise them too, just like normal training) tell him what a good boy he is to pee in the right place, give him a hug and kiss... if he follow u out, but didn't pee..after u wait for 10 mins.. thats ok.. still praise him for going out with u..

only scold ur dog when u catch him peeing in the house WHEN he is peeing, don't scold him when u only found the pee pee on the floor 30 mins later.. he will not understnad what r u scolding.. and pls. don't push ur dog to eat his poo... lot of dog owner do that.. its too sad to see that.

and remember housebreaking need time.. we human don't learn that until we r 3 yr old. so be patient, he will learn..

if u r using newspaper.. u can soke some his pee at the newspaper or the place u want.. bring him there and let him smell.. then he will know the smell is there.. they will learn.. and also clean the place where he make mistake.. make sure u clean is until ji ji sound hahahah must be very clean. if not they will smell it!

and last.. GOOD LUCK!! heheheBlush

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

libelly
Dog Kichi

Nov 2, 2004, 6:29 AM

Post #5 of 9 (2147 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bull Lover] stop pee pee in friend's house, clinic & petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the guide. will try this when i got a puppy. hope it works. hehe
libelly

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Nov 10, 2004, 9:19 PM

Post #6 of 9 (2040 views)
Shortcut

hmmmmmm looks like no one can help me ah????.. pls....

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

BLovers
Novice

Nov 13, 2004, 7:39 AM

Post #7 of 9 (2008 views)
Shortcut

Hi there... I am new in this forum and dog training... but I do face the same problem. I just brought my pup to the petshop two days ago... and I was so embarassed that my pup pee in the pet shop and then somebody told me that it was because the dog smell the pee and other dogs' smell in the pet store or vet clinic... just like how you advised our friend earlier to mop the floor until ji ji sound, otherwise the dog will smell it and pee again at the wrong spot. It's all of the same theory, I think. So, unless the clinic and petshop have cleaned up the floor thoroughly, it will be quite difficult to avoid such embarassing situation. This is only my PERSONAL view based on observation, I am sure other experts in the forum can give you much better and professional answer.

Anyway, I really think you did an awesom job potty train your dog. As for me, I bought the potty train spray for my pup and so far he's been doing OK at the same spot... until I bring him out in the yard... where he can return the call of nature... in "nature". He usually does it under a tree... dunno why also...

Bull Lover
Doggyman

Nov 17, 2004, 9:19 PM

Post #8 of 9 (1989 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BLovers] stop pee pee in friend's house, clinic & petshop [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi there... I am new in this forum and dog training... but I do face the same problem. I just brought my pup to the petshop two days ago... and I was so embarassed that my pup pee in the pet shop and then somebody told me that it was because the dog smell the pee and other dogs' smell in the pet store or vet clinic... just like how you advised our friend earlier to mop the floor until ji ji sound, otherwise the dog will smell it and pee again at the wrong spot. It's all of the same theory, I think. So, unless the clinic and petshop have cleaned up the floor thoroughly, it will be quite difficult to avoid such embarassing situation. This is only my PERSONAL view based on observation, I am sure other experts in the forum can give you much better and professional answer.

Anyway, I really think you did an awesom job potty train your dog. As for me, I bought the potty train spray for my pup and so far he's been doing OK at the same spot... until I bring him out in the yard... where he can return the call of nature... in "nature". He usually does it under a tree... dunno why also...

haha i got the answer liao... that is 'no answer' coz male dog want to do their marking HAHAHA... my vet say.. just let him pee loh hahahahahaCrazyBlush

i think i have to think of something that can put under him when he pee hahaha.. at least don't wet ppl floor hahah

** Taro & Foo **

Check it out! ITS FUN!!

TARO Nippon Adv

MORE ABOUT GERBIL

lapdog
Novice

Aug 17, 2005, 3:50 AM

Post #9 of 9 (1681 views)
Shortcut

He is marking at the petshop and clinic because he smells the other dogs. When you see him even start to go, (turning around in circles, sniffing, etc, slap a table or wall to make a loud sound. That will make him stop. Then bring him outside.

Copyright 2001~ 2002 Hileytech Sdn Bhd , All Rights Reserved.  Disclaimer  Privacy Statement
For comments and Suggestion, Please contact the Webmaster at puppy@puppy.com.my